Measuring Height For Lst / Mainlining

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Sorry if this is a dumbass question. But I was curious how to measure your height when using LST or Mainlining method. I am told plants can double or triple in size when flowering.

So here is my question. How do you measure the height?

For example, my plant may be 5 inches off the ground. But if it wasn't bent over from LST, it would be 12 inches. Would you expect the plant to grow 12 more inches during flowering stretch? Or 5 more inches?

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Not trying to be harsh but get a few regular grows under your belt before you start training.like really get some thriving plants and have a set schedule down to a science.training will be easier
And I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but can I assume you have no experience with mainlining? You made fun of my plant earlier for only having 8 mains... But isn't that the whole point of mainlining? 16 or 32 mains seemed like too much for indoor, so I chose 8. If I am wrong, then PLEASE enlighten me.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

With LST it is kinda tough to give exact numbers on how much stretch you will see. With LST you have exposed more budding points to equal amounts of light and that means more growth tips will try and be dominant. This will mitigate how much stretch you see, but personally I would expect to see stretch equal to the height of your plant before training. The second plant I ever grew I used LST, it was a great choice. Just run things as you have been, it will help you get your method tight.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

With LST it is kinda tough to give exact numbers on how much stretch you will see. With LST you have exposed more budding points to equal amounts of light and that means more growth tips will try and be dominant. This will mitigate how much stretch you see, but personally I would expect to see stretch equal to the height of your plant before training. The second plant I ever grew I used LST, it was a great choice. Just run things as you have been, it will help you get your method tight.
Thanks for the response. Much appreciated. I guess I can always try to bend them as needed if they stretch too much. I planned to just get them out to the edge of my tomato cage, then let them grow straight up. Guess I'll just see how it goes and learn from my mistakes on this grow.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

And as for the advice to get some regular grows under my belt first... While that may be great advice for someone else, and probably what I should have done, I have already started mainlining and lst. You don't really expect me to throw my plants out and start over do you? LOL, no way! I'm not arguing with anybody, I will be the first to admit I barely know shit. I just don't wanna burn my plants and wanted some help to know when to flower. Thank you...

D

Dustjesus

And I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but can I assume you have no experience with mainlining? You made fun of my plant earlier for only having 8 mains... But isn't that the whole point of mainlining? 16 or 32 mains seemed like too much for indoor, so I chose 8. If I am wrong, then PLEASE enlighten me.

I'm curious. Why do people "mainline" I also don't want to come off as a dick, but it seems to me like a super time waste move. Heisenbubble advice is solid. Does he "mainline"?? I highly doubt it. Lol. Flip your plant when you feel you will have room to finish it. Learn from that. Then do it another 1000 times. It's the only way.

H

heisen

I'm curious. Why do people "mainline" I also don't want to come off as a dick, but it seems to me like a super time waste move. Heisenbubble advice is solid. Does he "mainline"?? I highly doubt it. Lol. Flip your plant when you feel you will have room to finish it. Learn from that. Then do it another 1000 times. It's the only way.
Simply trying branches down or using wires to redirect the branches just seems more feasible.
Topping the first node is super stressful to a plant.takes it longer to recover than topping at the 5rh or 6th.
I was just saying 5 weeks for a plant that size seems like a waste.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I did mainlining this grow and i can honestly say it is a great technique if you can do it because it gives you 8 or more uniformed branches that are covered with buds and no larf either, also if you have limited light coverage as i do the technique allows you to keep a nice, flat canopy under those lights, plus lst was kinda pain in the ass because you have to constantly manage it to keep it flat and i am lazy. It is true it adds more time to your veg but it was a smooth ride after the shape of the plant has been established.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Lol, that is not solid advice from heisenbubble... I am 5 weeks in and he knew that.... I appreciate him taking the time to try and help but I'm pretty sure I would waste more time by starting over and growing regular plants.

D

Dustjesus

I did mainlining this grow and i can honestly say it is a great technique if you can do it because it gives you 8 or more uniformed branches that are covered with buds and no larf either, also if you have limited light coverage as i do the technique allows you to keep a nice, flat canopy under those lights, plus lst was kinda pain in the ass because you have to constantly manage it to keep it flat and i am lazy. It is true it adds more time to your veg but it was a smooth ride after the shape of the plant is established.

Understood. Many ways to reach fruition in this hobby. I respect all effort. Limited light
Lol, that is not solid advice from heisenbubble... I am 5 weeks in and he knew that.... I appreciate him taking the time to try and help but I'm pretty sure I would waste more time by starting over and growing regular plants.

I would not start over. Maybe he jumped the gun. Flower that bitch and keep us posted. Hey you kept it alive for 5 weeks. That alone says something. Good luck. No hate from me.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Simply trying branches down or using wires to redirect the branches just seems more feasible.
Topping the first node is super stressful to a plant.takes it longer opping at the 5rh or 6th.
I was just saying 5 weeks for a plant that size seems like a waste.
Understood. Many ways to reach fruition in this hobby. I respect all effort. Limited light

I would not start over. Maybe he jumped the gun. Flower that bitch and keep us posted. Hey you kept it alive for 5 weeks. That alone says something. Good luck. No hate from me.
Thank you. And no hard feelings from me either. I just wanna share this hobby with you all and learn some stuff along the way...

H

heisen

I never said start over I was trying to understand why chop a plant up like that instead of just trying back what's already there or using a small net

D

Dustjesus

I never said start over I was trying to understand why chop a plant up like that instead of just trying back what's already there or using a small net

In all honesty I didn't go back and read it. I agree with the texas chainsaw plant. But to each their own. I started with a shop light with some dirt from outside. I was brought back to those memories is all no stepping on toes.

D

Dustjesus

Small net for the win. Best thing you could do. Build a 2x2 and fill it. Done.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

It's all good man. I'm not trying to argue. You should have just said you don't like the mainlining technique... But knowing you already seen my plant and how far I was, then suggesting I get a few regular grows under my belt before LST... I took that as you saying to start over. Once again, no worries...

S

Sickfarmer

What is ’mainlinin’?

Trying to figure it out in my own language but no translation seem to fit in.

Top Bottom