Mechanical trimmers. Are they worth it

• Thread starter Ryboburton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Anyone have any experience with machine trimmers. I’m willing to spend 1000 bucks on one if it works. No junk tho. Recommendations?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I never bought one but my friends and neighboor in the hills they went thru several models and i cant tell you that depends first on your expectations and then on the genetic.
the results are....mmmeeeh....so and so.
They all works pretty much the same, and for sure the outcome depend on the type of buds you want to clean.
They work pretty good on solid rock hard buds with not many leaf....(yeah right the one that are also easy to trim by hand!!)
I was havin great success with an DIY method ...just using a fan screen and very gently "massage" and move the dry buds on top of the screen....i could clean up a pound in half hour but this method was working only on the type of buds i descrived...
Some peeps use a silicone brush to remove the leaves....

Everyone of my friends went back to hand trimming/trimcrew ...unless the genetic was easy to process in machine.
For ex...our San fernando cut and the GSC cut were almost made for trim machine....the rest..no...impossible to be processed given the shape of the buds and the amount of leaf....

Another point to consider is that this machine a really made to help you deal with hundreds of pounds of product that would otherwise keep you and your crew busy all day for MONTHS....
If you are dealing with smaller quanities....either handtrim or make a DIY method is my opinion!
💚 💚

Harvard

Harvard

The bowl trimmers suck, my friend has one. Little out of your price range, but I really like my centurion table top trimmer.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I imagine centurion trimmers are only in the commercial capability and not for the 5 plant at home grower? Have only seen the huge ones to many thousand dollars.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Yes it is. Handtrimming 4 plants the first time took quite some time

Harvard

Harvard

I imagine centurion trimmers are only in the commercial capability and not for the 5 plant at home grower? Have only seen the huge ones to many thousand dollars.
I have the smallest one centurion makes. I only grow 9 plants at a time and if I only have 1 to do I still use it. 2 people can do a 13 ounce plant in about 30 minutes or so, that’s 1 guy bucking and 1 guy running the machine. Like I said I really like my trimmer.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Nice, is it a lot of maintenance involved? How does the result compare to hand trim in your opinion?

Do you wet or dry trim?

Harvard

Harvard

Nice, is it a lot of maintenance involved? How does the result compare to hand trim in your opinion?

Do you wet or dry trim?
I take it apart, scrape blades, wipe down with alcohol in roughly 30 minutes, and soak tumbler in hot soapy water for couple hours scrubbing with wash cloth a couple times.

It’s close, little touch up on the longer buds. I break them down as much as possible, it likes dense nugs best. It’s still work. Depends if you like trimming, I don’t in anyway, shape or form. I’ve only wet trimmed, and would never run one of my nice buds through a bowl trimmer.
82AC2561 B686 4D50 8160 B341BFD8FEC3
A79743ED 55CE 4AD9 A3E0 2D3B7F4DA336

JJS009

JJS009

these were done in a bowl trimmer, it does an ok job but it beats the hell out of the buds and a ton of the trichs will be in the bowl
D6ACFD56 0D73 4722 A5BD E10CD2E4671C
C9491A53 2651 4927 AFB5 FC07A3671BF1
1BB2B3AA 396B 49D7 96C8 E5D86336E086
F4F2BF2F FF9E 4609 98E6 8A6BB7AEBF7D

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I take it apart, scrape blades, wipe down with alcohol in roughly 30 minutes, and soak tumbler in hot soapy water for couple hours scrubbing with wash cloth a couple times.

It’s close, little touch up on the longer buds. I break them down as much as possible, it likes dense nugs best. It’s still work. Depends if you like trimming, I don’t in anyway, shape or form. I’ve only wet trimmed, and would never run one of my nice buds through a bowl trimmer.
View attachment 1082387View attachment 1082389

Thanks for the input. Thats a bottom heavy hanging net,hehe

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Idk i hand trim 100 plants a month and it seems to be prettier and more potent.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

100 plants a month? Is that on top of everyday work? Damn sounds like a lot of hours. What trimming tool do you use?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Trim bin and Japanese trimmers i forget the brand. Well 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

Top Bottom