Medical Marijuana Are You Kidding Me?

• Thread starter MagicSeth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Btw my plans for the rack is to make it as modular as the pot. By modular I mean you can use panels that are setup for various things like drying, cloning, vegging, flowering, etc. I just haven’t gotten to that point yet.

Which brings me to the modularity of the pot. You can use different bases for various types of growing. Say DWC just use a base with built in air stones. Drip hydro or drain to waste. Just use a base that runs the solution back to wherever you need it.

The cool thing with this is you can grow with soil and if for some reason you want to try a plant or two in hydro you are all set to do so. No need to buy a net pot to do it.

Like I said it’s imo the way pots should have been designed all along and I hope to be able to use all these products together to create an easier way for folks to grow their own. But so far I’ve been doing it all myself so it’s been slow going. The pot I’m just now starting to get ready for prime time and hope I can find a partner or company to help me along the way.

I might do a kickstarter here shortly. Not quite sure yet.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
That’s what I’m trying to do now. It’s been slow going in the beginning. The rack isn’t really taking off with consumers yet but I have faith.

I use one myself and have others out there with family and friends and we all love it.

I originally built it for my own use and for a couple friends to use in their homes so they don’t have to dedicate a whole room to it and it just sorta evolved from there into a business and brand.

Lots of prototyping and failures along the way but the product now is solid.

I may end up marketing more towards small startup commercial growers (without the bells and whistles) so they can have a solid racking system that’s a good foundation to build upon and still offer the large commercial grow racks and home user consumer models as well.

This all started with a product I’m struggling to get produced now called The Growing Pot. It’s an expandable potting system that eliminates the need to transplant. It also can be used in any number of grow applications such as hydro, soil, or even a hybrid if someone was so inclined. I’ve been working on it since January and am now ready to move forward with it if I can have it produced. Here’s a link to it so you can check out the prototype:

Let me know what you think of it. I’ve spent countless hours designing and creating it and it’s a simple design that I feel will usher in a new way of container gardening.

The first time I used it, it felt right. I’ve transplanted thousands of plants in my life and it always felt wrong. The first time I used this I knew it was the ideal solution. No mess and no transplant shock.

A commercial grower could transplant thousands of plants in a day without the need for extra personnel to do so. It’s really very neat imo. I’ll let you decide for yourself what you think of it.
Whats the size of those containers?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Whats the size of those containers?

10” diameter for the initial prototype. Each section is 4” high and the bottom grate can be easily removed if you wanted to stack 2 on each other without a barrier in between.

By using 4” sections I’m able to get damn close to 3 and 5 gallons. Of course I have thought about making a smaller 4” diameter version for starting seeds and clones in and then having it adapt to the larger size without needing to transplant.

That I’ve got drawings made for and engineered but I want to make the main unit first and then have something to expand on once it’s in production. It can also be made in other diameters easily enough.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

This was a very early prototype I made from household materials to test the proof of concept early on. I am growing a vine in one exactly like this (I made several to test with) and it’s growing fantastically. When it outgrew the oringal unit I added another layer below it and it never skipped a beat. Now the roots are growing down into the base but I don’t have another layer to put under it, heh.

Anyhow it worked as well as I thought it would and when I added a layer it just felt right. It’s hard to explain. It’s like when you’ve been doing something the hard way all your life and someone shows you the easy way and you get that eureka moment where ok that makes sense. Very cool to experience.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thanks, will wait for the smaller version. Good idea. I go from 1/2 gallon, to 1 gallon, and then 2 1/2 gal for flower

SpotA

SpotA

I studied herbal medicine and medicinal marijuana because I suffered from insomnia for a long time. That's why I started looking for the best place to buy kratom because I heard a lot of interesting and useful things about the properties of this powder. I enjoyed experiencing the relief of insomnia and improved sleep. Kratom helped me with this, and now I can fall asleep more easily and feel much better throughout the day. If you try it you will definitely notice the same effective effects on your body

SSgrower

SSgrower

mAybe because of the OVER USE of Nutrients and no flushing - cause of crap weed --- mold =poor drying ,curring - Don't get me wrong there are ,many very good dispenseries but the same # of poor one's - once total legalization happen things will get better
I like your attitude & the "Business Model" has needed change for 50 years, C.E.O.'s and stockholders, get way to much $$ and the ones doing the work pennies. This place is the best forum I've been to, and we all coop w/each other. Peace Out is Right!

Nightstick008

Nightstick008

I went to 2 dispensaries or cannabis clubs and was impressed with all the pretty buds. Pretty buds that would damn near kill a cancer patient.I tried all of the so-called most expensive strands. YUCK I told them and they didn't like what I said. "YOU PRODUCT IS GARBAGE." When I got home I felt like I had been assaulted. WTF is going on with this trend of adding all kinds of chemical additives and God knows what the fuck else to the cannabis? Could it be the money that's fueling this?I predict that in the next few years some greedy growing fucker is going to kill some poor patient with this doped up bullshit that is showing up at the local clubs. I am glad that I found this site a few years ago and grow my own. So I am not taking my meds for about 5 more weeks. I WILL JUST GET DRUNK ITS SAFER THAN SMOKING THAT SHIT WEED.
Quality and potency should be more important than APPEARANCE.
You are not kidding. I went to a dispensary called Rise in Halfmoon, NY. These mother Fers sold me ground flower for $40.00 for 3.5. Long story short I get home and it's not ground flower. It's bud clippings. I shit you not. These people don't care about you. They just want to make a sale. That's it. Not only that it's trash weed. Thank god I have enough to get me through till November when my girls are cured. I pray they keep doing good. I don't want to jinx myself.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am growing for myself and it's because of the chemicals used for brick weed. I saw a story about China developing a spray to "addict" weed smokers & that was the last straw, now I grow my own,Cheers SS

Top Bottom