Medical & Rec Grow Question

• Thread starter johnnyrotten
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Hey everybody, my family lives in CO...If you have a two member household where one of the members has a regular MMJ card and the other doesn't have a card, what is the plant count allowed in the house? Would it be 6 in flower, 12 total like rec? Does it matter? Can the rec grow be mixed with the med grow?

draco

draco

Hey everybody, my family lives in CO...If you have a two member household where one of the members has a regular MMJ card and the other doesn't have a card, what is the plant count allowed in the house? Would it be 6 in flower, 12 total like rec? Does it matter? Can the rec grow be mixed with the med grow?

doesn't matter - 3/3 per person (and 6/6 the limit per house i believe). as to mixed grows... i can't see what the difference would be...

i am not hearing of a lot of inspections of these personal grows... what the leo's are after are the warehouses. i don't believe there is much money for them to inspect residential houses unless something is egregious... at least that's how it is around here. your results may vary...

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Thanks! Think I'm gonna help my mom set up a small grow at her house but want to make sure she is legal...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

So in colorado the limits are 3 veg/3 flower per person with 6/6 per house max no matter the number of peeps living there? is that statewide or does it change for each county/city?

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

no its not statewide and the limit isnt 6/6. it depends on the counties laws itself. the county i am in allows i think 32 plants (my count is 24 so i dont care) but other counties (boulder co for example) allows 12 max no matter what. rec or med. all depends on what part of CO you are in, you can divide the state into the country basically, there are parts like texas, parts like the south and super strict, lots of laid back places like the west, still has wild wild west feels everywhere.... CO does have it all.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Got it alaD,was curious as cali is like that also with state law and county/city law being different place to place, i just thought your state law might trump the smaller Muni's as it was touted as a constitutional amendment or some such.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

well, this is in Loveland...if that makes a difference...

draco

draco

The fucking taliban still calls the shots here in Colorado they prefer black market weed to white market weed.

They prefer the children barefoot, uninsured, and uneducated..

Step outta line, they'll be glad to shoot ya.

They are everything I despised in the 60's. And they have made "improvements" to the brand...

Fucking shitbirds.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

no its not statewide and the limit isnt 6/6. it depends on the counties laws itself. the county i am in allows i think 32 plants (my count is 24 so i dont care) but other counties (boulder co for example) allows 12 max no matter what. rec or med. all depends on what part of CO you are in, you can divide the state into the country basically, there are parts like texas, parts like the south and super strict, lots of laid back places like the west, still has wild wild west feels everywhere.... CO does have it all.

If your county allows 32 plants, the state can still come in, arrest your ass, try you in state court, and you will do time of some sort. It all depends on what evidence the state has against you. And if your dealing, the county/city will bust your ass too. State allows 6 plants per individual......period end of story. Read the regulations. I'm not sure why some of us like to try and spin the truth. Bottom line- it's a matter of priority and funding. Chances are, if your growing 12 plants, police wont bother you because even if you were dealing, the offense isn't large enough to warrant an investigation. Most of the focus is on transporting across state lines...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm guessing with the small plant counts the best way is to grow trees with multiple verticle lights then...
Exactly. Seal your room and put an under current system in, your mother would appreciate the lower price of fertilizers and only changing nutes once a month or so. Grow trees. I've seen a picture from a local that shows a large 7 foot hash plant scrogged to a 5x7' screen under two 1000 watt bulbs in upgraded reflectors.

Side note- The person who built my brothers' basement recently decided that his work is worth double than what we agreed to and paid him for. Argument followed, then the guy says to watch our back because him and his buddies would 'get even'. He was stupid enough to text some of the threats as well. I felt the only choice after the threats of breaking in and violence was going to the police. Aurora sent two officers over, a report was created, and the cops would question the other individual. He added that 95% of the time a phone call from a cop will stop threats of further illegal activity or violence.

The cops were prompt, courteous, and professional, and didn't give a shit about the green. I believe the comment was something like, 'As long as you are not creating a disturbance etc then you won't likely be charged with marijuana related offenses. They were more concerned about the threats and the individuals who made them.

Also, the cops said they are recognizing higher plant counts and aren't making a huge deal if someone is growing 6 medical plants with proper docs and 6 recreational plants. He could be lying or misinformed, but I doubt it. Said higher counts up to about 30 are generally ignored.

Obviously your mileage may vary.
TL;DR- Had to call cops on an old partner that was making threats, cops were great and cooperative and totally willing to help out on a specific marijuana transaction.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I think I would rather setup a PPK system using vertical HPS like I ran before...run Jacks at 600ppm...not as many moving parts and much easier for my mom...its very forgiving and almost impossible to kill a plant...I've grown 6 foot plants in them and the only thing I needed to do was raise the light and make sure there were enough nutes...

I don't want my mom using anybody to set everything up, thats why I'd go up there and do it for her...that sucks you had to go through that with somebody trying to jack the price up on you...

Last edited:
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

PPK (Passive Plant Killer) was a system that was developed by Delta99 on IC Mag... it's pretty much a recycling wicking coco system...doesn't need any bubblers, chillers...if you go with just wicking then you don't need a timer either...I've used it and it's by far the easiest way to grow as long as you remember to keep your res filled and ph'd and top water once a week...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I think I would rather setup a PPK system using vertical HPS like I ran before...run Jacks at 600ppm...not as many moving parts and much easier for my mom...its very forgiving and almost impossible to kill a plant...I've grown 6 foot plants in them and the only thing I needed to do was raise the light and make sure there were enough nutes...

I don't want my mom using anybody to set everything up, thats why I'd go up there and do it for her...that sucks you had to go through that with somebody trying to jack the price up on you...
Yep, friends since childhood and all through school. It's amazing how many great people are around, and it sucks when you
PPK (Passive Plant Killer) was a system that was developed by Delta99 on IC Mag... it's pretty much a recycling wicking coco system...doesn't need any bubblers, chillers...if you go with just wicking then you don't need a timer either...I've used it and it's by far the easiest way to grow as long as you remember to keep your res filled and ph'd and top water once a week...
Sounds interesting.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

don't know how I missed your reply... the only problem with the PPK is that you need a little extra headspace, it works best with vert because the plants get so tall...

Top Bottom