MEIZHI and Spider Farmer LEDS

I’m sorry this is my first post here, but I feel I have to expose and warn others of the dangers of dealing with these companies

WARNING !!!!!!!
Do not buy MEIZHI or SPIDER FARMER

So what has happened?
Well I’m a supplier or LED grow lights..
Last year I sourced
45 x 1200w MEIZHI
12 x 600w MEIZHI
4 x Spider farmer

All these are made by a company called LG-LED solutions ltd in China, and sold on eBay and Amazon by [email protected] or hydroponicseller.de or Spider Farmer

They run out of a rented office in Manchester with no direct contact possible.

The lights were distributed to 4 different locations.

Every single light failed within 6 months of purchase, but they were sold with a 3 year warranty. 1 year replacement and 2 years parts replacement.

After several emails regarding the failures MIEZHI finally sent 14 second hand drivers for us to replace (even though they promised new) and charged us carriage!
This did not fix the issues, they then ignored emails for several months until the lights were out of the first year warranty, and after threatening legal action they then told us that parts were no longer available!!

So now we are left with £15,000 worth of lights that do not work, all efforts to contact MEIZHI via eBay, amazon and email are now being ignored.
The failure rate on these Chinese lights is just shocking.

So please, before you buy anything from MEIZHI or SPIDER FARMER I urge you to think twice. The lights will fail, and you will not get any warranty on them at all.
For anyone interested I have copies of all the communications and lots of pictures of the failed lights..

Well that sucks pretty bad. Really sorry to hear you got screwed so bad. Some of the led guys around here are swearing by kingbrite. I hope they dont have the same problems but i do expect they will. I tried to warn everyone about the pracrices and lack of regulations or even morals at these chinese mega factories. But once someone is sold on an idea or already made an investment there is no more reasoning.

Thank you for taking the time to warn us. Appreciated. :-)

Well that sucks pretty bad. Really sorry to hear you got screwed so bad. Some of the led guys around here are swearing by kingbrite. I hope they dont have the same problems but i do expect they will. I tried to warn everyone about the pracrices and lack of regulations or even morals at these chinese mega factories. But once someone is sold on an idea or already made an investment there is no more reasoning.

Thank you for taking the time to warn us. Appreciated. :-)

Yep. Google anet a8 fire

Company was aware their product was burning down people's houses. But because it was sold as a kit, they hid behind that.

They also disabled thermal run away protection. Without any way to turn it back on.

No fuses.

Didnt do anything for like 3 years. Think they just recently fixed it.

Zero morals.

This is MEIZHI LED,we are appreciated for your support all the time.
and our people contact with you all the time for this issue and never stop to offer the solutions.

We sold Hundreds of thousands MEIZHI LED and have many customer ordered 10pcs+;20pcs...But never had problem like yours
Unstable voltage may caused the problem,please be aware of this problem.

We offered the 3 year warranty ,You problem will be solved. please no worry

Maybe its just me but....could you perhaps use higher grade wiring?

That looks like super skinny alum clad for the main power wires, and point to point.

would make a really good selling point. :D

This is MEIZHI LED,we are appreciated for your support all the time.
and our people contact with you all the time for this issue and never stop to offer the solutions.

We sold Hundreds of thousands MEIZHI LED and have many customer ordered 10pcs+;20pcs...But never had problem like yours
Unstable voltage may caused the problem,please be aware of this problem.

We offered the 3 year warranty ,You problem will be solved. please no worry
And this is how a company representative responds 😂🤣 it’s no different than @MarsHydroLED . They are all making complete garbage and loading your homes with time bombs. I’m really surprised amazon didn’t assist. If you made the purchase through amazon and sent over emails and such I bet they would have helped.

I’m sorry this is my first post here, but I feel I have to expose and warn others of the dangers of dealing with these companies

WARNING !!!!!!!
Do not buy MEIZHI or SPIDER FARMER

So what has happened?
Well I’m a supplier or LED grow lights..
Last year I sourced
45 x 1200w MEIZHI
12 x 600w MEIZHI
4 x Spider farmer

All these are made by a company called LG-LED solutions ltd in China, and sold on eBay and Amazon by [email protected] or hydroponicseller.de or Spider Farmer

They run out of a rented office in Manchester with no direct contact possible.

The lights were distributed to 4 different locations.

Every single light failed within 6 months of purchase, but they were sold with a 3 year warranty. 1 year replacement and 2 years parts replacement.

After several emails regarding the failures MIEZHI finally sent 14 second hand drivers for us to replace (even though they promised new) and charged us carriage!
This did not fix the issues, they then ignored emails for several months until the lights were out of the first year warranty, and after threatening legal action they then told us that parts were no longer available!!

So now we are left with £15,000 worth of lights that do not work, all efforts to contact MEIZHI via eBay, amazon and email are now being ignored.
The failure rate on these Chinese lights is just shocking.

So please, before you buy anything from MEIZHI or SPIDER FARMER I urge you to think twice. The lights will fail, and you will not get any warranty on them at all.
For anyone interested I have copies of all the communications and lots of pictures of the failed lights..
I’m with you these companies are frauds and should be held accountable

Just to be clear, These lights were spread over 4 different clients and 6 grow rooms in 6 different locations so no the voltage is not the issue here !!!

MEIZHI have now made contact again but it’s a shame I had to resort to this to get a response.

I will update as the saga continues, hopefully the 14 lights that failed after 3-6 months will be replaced and the others will be repaired.

I will point out that the suggestion from MEIZHI so far is that they send me hundreds of leds for me to solder in !!!
I have obviously refused this option

Meizhi did fine by me. I had their 300 and 450(s) reflectors running for 2+YRS and never had a problem. ANY questions were answered promptly from their office in California. They went so far as to ship me FREE replacement hangers, even after I told them that I had misplaced them..Free shipping too. I only sold them after the white lights became readily available.

Just to be clear, These lights were spread over 4 different clients and 6 grow rooms in 6 different locations so no the voltage is not the issue here !!!

MEIZHI have now made contact again but it’s a shame I had to resort to this to get a response.

I will update as the saga continues, hopefully the 14 lights that failed after 3-6 months will be replaced and the others will be repaired.

I will point out that the suggestion from MEIZHI so far is that they send me hundreds of leds for me to solder in !!!
I have obviously refused this option
I have opened up a 450 reflector to clean it, and the components were decent. HOWEVER..they use Epistar diodes...and Epistar is crap!

These lights are only just over a year old, so can’t really compare to what was sold before that, maybe they were built to a price ?
I can only comment on my purchases really.

the big issue here is firstly the total failure and secondly MEIZHI are telling me they have no replacement led boards and expect me to solder in hundreds of leds myself ?
As of right now they have not offered any other repair option which personally I find disgraceful when part of the reason for purchasing them was the THREE YEAR WARRANTY which so far is a joke.

These lights are only just over a year old, so can’t really compare to what was sold before that, maybe they were built to a price ?
I can only comment on my purchases really.

the big issue here is firstly the total failure and secondly MEIZHI are telling me they have no replacement led boards and expect me to solder in hundreds of leds myself ?
Just like Mars does with theirs that are not surface mount. I imagine that they are winding down their burples, as they ramp up their Sypder Farmers..THAT"S MY GUESS!