Messed up making cannabutter,is there hope

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

So I decided to make cannabutter last night. Recipe called to simmer mixture at low heat(160F)for 3-4 hrs.I ended up falling asleep and cooking for 9 hrs. I used a large amount of cannabis for this & would hate for this to go to waste. Is there any fix. Maybe add more water & butter?

GrimgorzDaBest

GrimgorzDaBest

Strain the plant matter out then refrigerate it. I’ve never simmered butter for that long but I don’t see why it should be ruined. Though you might want to wait till more knowledgeable minds chime in.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Strain the plant matter out then refrigerate it. I’ve never simmered butter for that long but I don’t see why it should be ruined. Though you might want to wait till more knowledgeable minds chime in.
Thx,will do

Farmer88

Farmer88

If nothing is burnt on the bottom youre fine add water and a touch of butter and strain the liquids from the soilds. Let it cool at room tempreture allowing the fats and water to separate. Put it in the fridge and to harden off. Remove hard butter from the water. If you want thc to be more evenly distributed return butter to a double boiler and soften. Add a tsp of emulsifier soy lecithin or guar gum and blend with a emersion blender or in a food processor. Place that in a mold or vessel and refrigerate until solid again. Ready for use.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I used to simmer mine for 8 hours. Along as there is still plenty of water in there you are fine

Top Bottom