Messed up training big time!

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I just flipped my plants into flowering yesterday & decided to to do low stress training to maximize light to all areas. While bending branch on my biggest plant it snapped in half! Can a stalk that's be snapped completely into half be taped to fix?

quirk

quirk

Doubt it, but were I to attempt, I'd make angled cuts like a peach tree graft, coat with aloe, then wrap with breathable tape. Good luck.

teejacks

teejacks

yes doable. but it will need more veg time to recover from the damage. tape it up really tight at the break with a splint and add some aloe to the wound. 2-3 weeks at least

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

yes doable. but it will need more veg time to recover from the damage. tape it up really tight at the break with a splint and add some aloe to the wound. 2-3 weeks at least
I've done alor in the past but with partially broke branches. Hopefully this helps.

Fuzzydankster

Fuzzydankster

if you are going to do lst, like bending branches. Its best to do it in the veg stage so if things like this occur you can fix it easily. Plus flowering stage needs to go smooth as possible

teejacks

teejacks

maybe i read incorrectly... if there is no fibres still connecting the break, its done most likely. complete breaks are now clones lol partial breaks were half the stalk is snapped can be repaired

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

maybe i read incorrectly... if there is no fibres still connecting the break, its done most likely. complete breaks are now clones lol partial breaks were half the stalk is snapped can be repaired
Lol,yeah it was complete break. I was thinking same thing as you but read online sometimes it can be saved but I doubted this info & also you can't believe everything you read online. I tried but it was lost cause,I pulled branch today. Sucks cuz this was my best plant. I should've started in veg,that's true too. I started lst like day before I flipped to flowering. I think the problem was I should've watered beforehand tho cuz I barely bent & it snapped

teejacks

teejacks

helps to massage the stem part you want to train and get it all loose before you pull it 👍 not too much pressure because it will cause a linear crack on the stem. good luck dude

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

helps to massage the stem part you want to train and get it all loose before you pull it 👍 not too much pressure because it will cause a linear crack on the stem. good luck dude
Thx, I'll keep this in mind. This was my 1st time doing lst where you force plant into horizontal growth. I've done similar things in past where I've tied down big fan leaves so flower areas can get more light before I even knew what lst was,lol. But yeah I'm pretty new to lst & idea of tying down main stalk. You live & you learn right.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Thx, I'll keep this in mind. This was my 1st time doing lst where you force plant into horizontal growth. I've done similar things in past where I've tied down big fan leaves so flower areas can get more light before I even knew what lst was,lol. But yeah I'm pretty new to lst & idea of tying down main stalk. You live & you learn right.
Since broken stalk is lost cause should I still leave tape on so it acts as a band aid or take tape off?

Rooke

Rooke

Since broken stalk is lost cause should I still leave tape on so it acts as a band aid or take tape off?
I would leave it on just to keep anything from getting inside the stem although I’m mostly an outdoor grower and duct tape is my best friend.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there, I just thought I would share a few fixes with you not trying be a know it all just had many breaks due to wind, lst hail etc. For partial breaks I like to use vinyl plant tape for mainstem breaks cord and wax makes a good seal and good ol duct tape hers a few of my bandaid fixes

98BFABDE FA8A 4227 B807 591DFB5D3646
9D51404A 9E14 4A3E B684 3C4EE0B5B88A
BF93655C 79B6 4964 BCDC 25B34E984479
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Hey there, I just thought I would share a few fixes with you not trying be a know it all just had many breaks due to wind, lst hail etc. For partial breaks I like to use vinyl plant tape for mainstem breaks cord and wax makes a good seal and good ol duct tape hers a few of my bandaid fixes
Thx any ongo

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

You probably did yourself a favor whats left will go nuts .
I hope so,that's what I'm counting on since I f'd up,lol. I have had a spurt in growth recently so my area is pretty overtaken,that's why I was doing the lst to maximize space.

Top Bottom