Metal Halide for the last few weeks?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Will switching to an MH a few weeks before harvest actually increase potency and denseness? What are the pros and cons with this technique?

D

dank_

I remember doing that and was not happy. Maybe it wasn't the light, but that's what I think and will never do it.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
your prolly better off with hps if you want density - the mh is supposed to help with trich/resin production though

I like using a combo of hps/mh - seems to be working best for me atm

dorjewright

dorjewright

I found a thread here on this topic, interesting read. What spectrum are you using and are you using both through the flowering phase or only at the last few weeks?

20north

i have tried using mh and hps all the way and it was cool the mh didnt nearly get as much bud/caylx's density as the hps did but the middle HPS*!*!*MH gets like 10x more dense and way bigger if you do that i noticed but you do lose like half your yield because of the mh. I think its good to do hps till the end and then if you can do hps and mh in the last 2 weeks.......

also using UVB pet lights work really well if you want to just use the hps and add some resin. just use it in little amounts 15 minutes at a time then give them a break for an hour or so and then blast them again

lol its very interesting how if you use an mh you will actually see how it almost tells the plant to make leaf and resin....... but dont count on much out of a mh if its in a glass hood.:anim_09:

M

MIway

Were it not for the PITA... I would switch em out regularly... MH first 2 weeks of flower & the last 3 weeks.

Was on the testing bandwagon for a while... my 'best' scores, averaged out, came from my Horti Blue runs. Best yields came from my Super HPS.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

DJ Short insists that MH will bolster flavor and aroma. I have only flowered once under MH exclusively, and I would agree. The yield wasn't there, however. Use both MH and HPS if at all possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom