Method And Apparatus For Steam Distillation Of Extract

• Thread starter EugeneOregon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

Steam distillation is a bit involved but I enjoy the hobby. Distillation in general is a bit technical and multiple runs thhrough any distillation unit are required for purification. With steam distillation fractioning is possible without the use of a vacuum pump or related gear.

Perception

Perception

Video is broken for me.

My better half is an herbalist, and we have an essential oil distiller like the one linked below, and were talking about using it for cannabis. Seems to me like it should work great! I've read people saying things in regards to steam distillation like, "cannabis is not soluble in water...", but isn't that the whole point? Seems to me that the steam and oils should move through just fine, and then separate out after condensing. Aside from the essential oil, we were also wondering what cannabis hydrosol might be like, and what it could be used for.

What are your results like? Are you using the product for medicine or recreational use?

EssentialStillRunning.jpg

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

Video is broken for me.

My better half is an herbalist, and we have an essential oil distiller like the one linked below, and were talking about using it for cannabis. Seems to me like it should work great! I've read people saying things in regards to steam distillation like, "cannabis is not soluble in water...", but isn't that the whole point? Seems to me that the steam and oils should move through just fine, and then separate out after condensing. Aside from the essential oil, we were also wondering what cannabis hydrosol might be like, and what it could be used for.

What are your results like? Are you using the product for medicine or recreational use?

EssentialStillRunning.jpg
I deleted the other video after I spotted a technical error. Here is an older one with simpler aparatus (slightly) that shows what it looks like when used to purify extract. It is the fact that thc and water are insoluable with each other that makes steam distillation work. If they were miscible then steam distillation would not work.

J

Jme

I would really like to see your video, but it doesn't work for me. Do you have a working link ? Thank you

Top Bottom