MHippie's Grow (a new beginning)

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I see a lot of questions about FIM'ng and defoliating. So I thought I'd post an example of what happens when I get 6 - 10 nodes up on a vegging plant. This pic is of a 5 week old plant that was REALLY bushy from top to bottom. It is Humboldt Seed Company's strain called Squirt. So to get this beast under control the following was done:

1) FIM'd the top growth shoot.
2) Defoliated all Fan Leaves
3) Removed the bottom 1/3 nodes.

1 - Everyone knows what the good old FIM is about. All we are doing is slowing top growth while encouraging the plant's effort to focus on the bottom branches.

2 - There are a number of different schools of thought on this. In the outdoors, fan leaves are used to store goodies for the plant to get it through dry and nutrient weak issues in the soil. When we control the environment of the plant, the fan leaves are something they don't need for backup storage. That's my school of thought. You will have others who believe the fan leaves create energy, etc. However, when you remove them, the growth that happens to what remains is astounding in some strains. Other fans start to develop to take the place of what was removed. But the bud sites and side shoots show much more rapid increases in size and speed of the grow imo.

3) Bottom 1/3 nodes is so old school and so worth it to me. Again, it's about pushing the plant to develop in only specific areas that will produce big bud in a compact space.

Hope this helps some of you newer growers out there :)

FIMExample
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
^^ give that girl some epsom salts stat and check ya ph! :P

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So NOW the fun begins. As soon as Mark shoots me over a seed list I'll tell you what all of this stuff is and I'll post a link to his Strainly profile. It's the buy of a lifetime for me lol! You pay when you get your beans. This man knows what he's doing in all areas. Communication, stealthy packing, tracking info, he's got it together. I put my order in on Thursday. Asked him to hold shipping until Saturday. And boom. A day early.

What you are looking at is 40 strains. There are 8 autos and 32 photos. I STILL didnt get everything he has. $1 a bean. 100 for $80. Mix and match.

I'm germing 3 seeds each tonight from the following strains:

Bubba Kush
Girl Scout Cookies
LA Confidential
Green Goddess

They are all going for bonsai.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
god damn thats alot of seeds rofl.

when you get that list SEND IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to know what the fuck else he has that i didn't know about rofl;

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Also my LA con took about 2-3 days to germ in paper towel let me know your experience.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
god damn thats alot of seeds rofl.

when you get that list SEND IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to know what the fuck else he has that i didn't know about rofl;

Bwah! I'll post the list as soon as he sends it to me. He's got more that I didn't get. I'm doing a follow up order as soon as he gets his money. I want ALLLLLLLLLL the seeds. Also on Strainly, checkout this strain called Freakshow. I'm getting some of those beans. That is a CRAAAAAAZY looking plant.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Also my LA con took about 2-3 days to germ in paper towel let me know your experience.

Sure will. They are in the paper towel baggie on the germination mat set at 75F with a dome over it lol. I want these beans to RIIIIIIISE! :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Bwah! I'll post the list as soon as he sends it to me. He's got more that I didn't get. I'm doing a follow up order as soon as he gets his money. I want ALLLLLLLLLL the seeds. Also on Strainly, checkout this strain called Freakshow. I'm getting some of those beans. That is a CRAAAAAAZY looking plant.

I've seen freakshow the nugs from almost all the grows ive seen were shitty. not worth growing, Its an interesting plant for sure but just not really worth it. Do it tho would be fun!

and yeah this is my 2nd order from him now mostly got kushes on this one more cookies and my fav LA CON ! and more blue dream since i gave all mine to bass lol once i pay that off i gotta move some " other " product to make a lil monies then place yet another fuckin order with him.. I'm the same bro I wanna grow as many strains as possible i hate smoking the same shit tolerance sucks! rotate or die!! LOL

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Don't seeds start losing their viability after a year or two? j/w about stocking up so much. This has been part of my resistance against buying more seeds lol (other is lack of being able to use them any time soon).

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I've seen freakshow the nugs from almost all the grows ive seen were shitty. not worth growing, Its an interesting plant for sure but just not really worth it. Do it tho would be fun!

and yeah this is my 2nd order from him now mostly got kushes on this one more cookies and my fav LA CON ! and more blue dream since i gave all mine to bass lol once i pay that off i gotta move some " other " product to make a lil monies then place yet another fuckin order with him.. I'm the same bro I wanna grow as many strains as possible i hate smoking the same shit tolerance sucks! rotate or die!! LOL

I'm with ya :) I think we both hooked into a great thing...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Don't seeds start losing their viability after a year or two? j/w about stocking up so much. This has been part of my resistance against buying more seeds lol (other is lack of being able to use them any time soon).

if kept in the freezer no.

basscaptain

basscaptain

send me a email with this guy's info

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

Here's the list:
PG= Purple God

LL = Lemon Lime

BK=Bubba Kush

LK = Lemon Kush

AK= Afghani Kush

WK= Wicked Kush

PK= Purple Kush

BC= Blue Cookies ( it's my favorite! )

CD4= Chemdog #4

Big B= Big Bud

BD= Blue Dream

GG= Green Goddess

OGC= OG Cake

GSC= Girl Scout Cookies

KK= King Kong

GB= God Bud

50/50= Best 50/50

LA= LA confidential

SP= Sour Pinapple

SF= Super Fruit

PA= Purple Afghani

PSF= Purple Super Fruit

PU= Purple Urple

?= unknown Indica strain

A#1= Afghani #1

Ghost= Ghost OG

Bubba G= Bubba Gump

OG18= OG18

LS= Lemon Skunk

SL2= Lemon Skunk#2

BG= Blue God

Autos are

AA=Afghani Auto

MK= Monster Kush

PHB= Purple Headband

GHB= Green Headband

SR= Snow Ryder

SA= Skunk Auto

105= Sour Lemon 105

S 90= Super 90

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So grow update. I decided to flower the WW bonsai. I do t want to continue the line. The other bud that I've put in the jar makes that shit feel like CBD. So that's what the card on the WW jar says now lol.

This is how fast cannabis bonsai moves... If you check this pic vs a couple days ago you'll see what I mean.

20200729 045317
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
And... these are going down tonight, 1 each. One hell of a germ test lol!

AA=Afghani Auto
MK= Monster Kush
PHB= Purple Headband
GHB= Green Headband
SR= Snow Ryder
SA= Skunk Auto
105= Sour Lemon 105
S 90= Super 90

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So you know how when you shave a dog it looks like it lost 50lbs? Same for a plant that you defoliate. Check out the last pic vs this one. Huge difference. And if you look at the radical changes this plant has experienced over the past couple of weeks (tap root cut, rest of the root system trimmed and disrupted, hacked to the last two nodes, growth shoots cut at both ends, underside growth cut away, total fan leaf defoliation, and transplanted), it's doing fine lol!

This is what 12 strains germing looks like :))) I personally have never seen this but I'm sure others have.

First flower on this one... at the top

And the stretch and flower begins for this one after 3 days of flowering. Its shooting hairs and stretching for the moon at the same time.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Here's the list:
PG= Purple God

LL = Lemon Lime

BK=Bubba Kush

LK = Lemon Kush

AK= Afghani Kush

WK= Wicked Kush

PK= Purple Kush

BC= Blue Cookies ( it's my favorite! )

CD4= Chemdog #4