• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Micheal Jackson rushed to hospital after suffering cardiac arrest at LA home
Michael Jackson has been taken to hospital after apparently suffering a cardiac arrest at his Los Angeles home.

By Paul Thompson
Published: 11:07PM BST 25 Jun 2009

Micheal Jackson rushed to hospital after suffering cardiac arrest
A member of the Jackson family told TMZ that the singer was in 'really bad shape' Photo: AP

American gossip website TMZ , which originally broke the story, later reported the star had died, but the reports remain unconfirmed by any other source.

The "King of Pop" was not breathing when a team of paramedics arrived at his home, the Los Angeles Times reported on Thursday.

Related Articles

Peter Pan of pop a constant source of fascination

They carried out CPR – or heart massage – and administered oxygen while ferrying him to hospital in an ambulance.

Jackson was taken to UCLA Medical Centre in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles City Fire Department confirmed that an emergency call had been made from Jackson's home.

"The call came in because a person was not breathing," said a spokesman for the Los Angeles City Fire Department.

"When the team arrived, they saw that CPR was already in progress by someone at the home. The person not breathing was transported to UCLA Medical Centre and remains there."

Two paramedics, a fire crew and medical captain responded to the emergency call.

Jackson's father Joe said he had been contacted and said he had been told his son was "in a bad way".

He said Jackson's mother was at the hospital.

"I am in Las Vegas, but yes, people in Los Angeles called me and are with Michael and tell me he was taken to the hospital," said Jackson senior.

Other family members said that Jackson, who is due to begin a series of concerts at London's O2 arena next month, "was in really bad shape".

The emergency call was made from Jackson's rented home no Holmby Hills area of Los Angeles, shortly after noon (8pm UK time).

The singer, whose has suffered from a series of health ailments, has been staying at the house while he rehearses for his comeback tour.

It is not known how serious his condition is but the sold out concerts, due to begin on July 13th now look in serious jeopardy.

More than 750,000 tickets have been sold for the former King of Pop's "This is It "concerts.

The opening dates were postponed last month after concert promoters AIG said Jackson needed more time to rehearse the complex dance routines.

But with reports that he is suffering from skin cancer there were fears that he was not physically fit enough to complete the tour.

Jackson needs the concerts, which will earn him as much as ÂŁ50m, to clear his debts.

Despite being one of the most successful recording artists of all time he has amassed a massive debt.

His former home, the "Neverland Ranch" has been taken over by developers.

The singer was also forced to settle a ÂŁ3m lawsuit with a Bahrainian prince over his failure to write a book and perform in a concert in return for a year's free stay in Bahrain.

Jackson, who has not performed since the 1990s, saw his career and popularity plummet after a child abuse scandal four years ago.

Despite being cleared by a Californian court over allegations he had abused young boys on sleepovers at his home he never recovered from the negative press attention.

He left the Neverland Ranch and after stays in Bahrain and Europe returned to the US where he faced near bankruptcy.

Jackson was described as a "millionaire who spends like a billionaire."

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
was confirmed over 45mins ago on sky news, also farah forcett died tonight

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I see that.

Worlds loosing its stars and angels.

Larimy

Larimy

R.I.P to the King of Pop...spark one...Off the Wall will be getting blasted tonight

K

koopa troopa

MJ is the best slide dancer and pop/locking forever... he inspired me to do the sideways slide, moonwalk, and the circle slide. i jam some of his tunes when i'm snowboarding cuz the dude just has smooth flow. RIP MJ.

anyone and everyone who pops/locks and slides should pay great homage cuz the man invented all the best moves known to man. usher is good too and he can do the beat it dance on command and make it look almost as good as MJ's.

ps: now i'm gonna get high as fuck and dance in honor of the king. :boogie:

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

It does come in 3's. .RIP Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon..Peace on the Othe side!

T

Tolpan

Sad news!

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Always was and ever will be a big fan!

His Thriller LP is a masterpiece!

Tolpan

H

hbstoner

sad day... mj was the man. remember growing up and breakdancing because of him. they dont make em like him anymore. RIP thriller

N

Nuglover

Kids across the world are a little safer now. Sux to see Farah go though, she was a tough ole' broad fighting cancer that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom