Michigan Appeals Court Outlaws Dispensaries

• Thread starter Skydaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Skydaddy

Michigan appeals court bars sale of medical marijuana
Associated Press
Detroit— The Michigan appeals court says medical marijuana cannot be sold through dispensaries.
The court ruled Wednesday in a case from mid-Michigan's Isabella County where people with medical marijuana cards sold pot to each other. The three-judge panel says the 2008 law and the state's public health code do not allow such sales.
It is the first time the appeals court has ruled in a case involving pot dispensaries. The Michigan Supreme Court has agreed to hear appeals on other aspects of the medical marijuana law.

From The Detroit News:

I

ibTheMan

You Know what gets me is that these fuckn ass holes act like they know whats best for people and they have no first hand knowledge of weed, plus they ALL take advantage of there Job positions and skim lots of benefits that are illegal but being they write the laws theres nothing we can do.
Its like trying to teach Golf, when youve never golfed but read a fuckn how to book, it just dont work.

B

barneyfife

yea i just seen it on the news thats awesome shut them crooks down.

S

StrikeitRich

Party for me. Not for others

See now i see how this is messed up, cause say ohh joe blow who isnt to bright to begin with wants his meds.... The Dispenciaries are great... For him, but to me as a Farmer the Dispen. Are FUzzING Crooked. Atleast Most are. For all the places i have visited, around 15 different locations in SW Michigan, there has been only 2 that i would say where there to help suffering people, all the others where there to take ur money and give u as little as possible in return. Michigan is a very very backhanded state. Not saying everyone here is that way, but I do not like the idea of a dispenciary selling medication to the patients.. COme on Patients... Find us growers/FARMERS we are no longer hiding in our basements or closets. We will grow ur medication for u at a hell of a good price. A hell of a lot better plan would be for michigan to start a GrowCo-Op My two buddies and i have the business plan we just are waiting for our hobby grows to supply us with the means to open up our own Residential Delivery Caregivers Assosiates. We Grow it, We Deliver it, Our Patients Consume it. Why Dispensiaries are even around, unless they are only trying to make money... I do not know.

Sorry just my .02.

Peace,
S i R

M

MIway

yea i just seen it on the news thats awesome shut them crooks down.

COme on Patients... Find us growers/FARMERS we are no longer hiding in our basements or closets. We will grow ur medication for u at a hell of a good price. A hell of a lot better plan would be for michigan to start a GrowCo-Op My two buddies and i have the business plan we just are waiting for our hobby grows to supply us with the means to open up our own Residential Delivery Caregivers Assosiates. We Grow it, We Deliver it, Our Patients Consume it. Why Dispensiaries are even around, unless they are only trying to make money... I do not know.

yeah, right... the ruling would mean everything you mentioned above can not happen.

patient to patient is out... you've got cool nugs & i don't, both of us being patients, you can't sell me any... even if it cost you the same amount you would be chargin me.

caregiver to patient is out... unless you are one of the 5 registered patients, and only for the costs associated with growing it for them. to any other caregiver or patient... out.

collectives of cool growers & patients... out, for any sort of cash transaction.

shit, free may be out, if it isn't coming from your registered caregiver.

so r they gonna start shuttin disp down?

some areas, but this will go to another level of appeal likely... and some cities are trying to regulate & tax em, not close em down. other areas are pretty hostile & i can see them using this to smash & grab as they choose.

S

StrikeitRich

That is Why i would sign up MY patients 4 to be EXaxt and sell only to them!!!!!!

S

StrikeitRich

It is going to the Supream Courts for a ruleing, but the state has now made it illegal for a patient to patient transfers. Caregiver to patient is legal always has been, always has been the way i opperate. I'm doing this out of the luv for the plant and the healing properties of cannabis not to get rich. Yeah i dont want to pay out the ass for supplying others, but i shouldnt be rich for it money wise either. As long as my bills are paid and my patients supply enough money to keep me in the green im all good with that. This is why im happy that this is going on, i guess im just looking at it from my perspective here. They dont want people making money... Like lots of money off of medical marijuana. Money is the root of all evil, and where the money is so are problems. The people that run most dispensaries are in it for the money. Look at the "MIX" in holland. TJ the guy who runs it is a dumb money grubber who doesnt know the difference between an Indica and Sativa. The man has never even burned a dubbie. Man even Stole money directly from me for clones that he never delivered then told me to go call some random guy ie. the grower to get my money. Ohh yeah and drive to Cadillac too to pick it up. My opinion get rid of the dispensiaries. put it back into the patients hands and take money out of all ur equasions.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

caregiver to patient is out... unless you are one of the 5 registered patients, and only for the costs associated with growing it for them. to any other caregiver or patient... out.

collectives of cool growers & patients... out, for any sort of cash transaction.

shit, free may be out, if it isn't coming from your registered caregiver.

That was the law to begin with if im not mistaken I have never know for it to be okay "legally" for me to sell any medication for money or anything of value, or to donate, give, leave, abondon any medication whatsoever to anyone that was not MY patient ie. Signed up under my caregiver card.

It sucks to jump through hoops for the government but hell man its 10 bucks and a page of papers to fill out put it in an envalope and mail. as soon as check is cashed ur golden to sell to ur patients. Not really to hard considering the consiquences of not signing them up.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

When i say Co-Op here with what im proposing in my county is a group of caregivers all operating together socially as a community operation. Not in eachothers gardens not selling to eachother, just helping eachother out building gardens, sharing genetics and supporting one another. United we stand alone we fall.

Peace,
S i R

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Here in Arizona we made it explicit in the law that we cardholders can give to one another, it only explicitly prevents caregivers from selling to patients. Most cardholders are going the donation rout. If you read what this case is about is that it is not explicitly stated in the law. I'm happy we don't have dispensaries as soon as they come in within 20 miles the law prevents us patients from growing. The dispensaries will do just like any other corporation if given a chance and that is drive out the competition.

The other problem I see with dispensaries is that once the patient cannot grow his own, his genetics he is creating for his particular disability will be gone. We are effectively our own cynical trials. just my 2 cents

T

T1420

But then YOUR get rich idea of your delivery service wouldnt exist...Just grow yer own... or if your compassionate you will just GIVE it away!!!! Sounds good in theory, just smell greed in yer words... did you get the hint the IRS wants EVERY penny they can get.. therefore no taxation= problems.. How many dispensaries kept benjamins for the tax man??? The state needs to own a couple grow ops that supply the peeps in need so they can make $$$$, then they will support us... but not bankin on it.

E

EACH1TEACH1

that was hilarious Motherlode. the first comment you made strikeitrich is pretty much how it goes in washington. so sad. dispensaries=outdoor cali+powdery mildew clones. because that means more money.what great medicine. Not all but many. peace.

M

max power

Michigan's law is purposely vague and everyone knew it be left to the courts to flesh out. Should have been copied a states law with more experience

E

ECOutlaw

That is totally lame. The intent of medical marijuana laws is to get the medicine to the patients. Why should it matter how many patients one has or whether patients receive their medicine from other patients. Dispensaries are good and so are the growers who supply patients. The more product in the hands of the people the better things are for those who are sick.

This talk about greed and this holier than though attitude coming from the small time caregiver is total bullshit. So are the lobbying efforts from dispensaries to stop small time caregivers and patients from dispensing medicine to one another. Let the consumers and the market dictate the price. The bickering and blame for why we are not moving forward as whole lies on both sides. Everyone has lost sight of the true goal here and that is to get patients as much medicine as possible for as cheap as possible.

Our community, caregivers and dispensary owners alike, should be united against the tyranny of local, state, and the federal governments who feel it necessary to oppress us for their own political gain.
End rant.

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Let Me just Say This About That ,

Limit All US politicians to two terms ...

One in office One in prison ......

Illinois already did this and it seems to be fucking working for them.
:big_boss:

:fixed:

recordsnherb

recordsnherb

does this not need a 3/4 house vote before we are able to vote on this? this could take awhile could it not? i dont get how this is all of a sudden the law and every spot has to just roll over and die

2DogWalker

Let Me just Say This About That ,

Limit All US politicians to two terms ...

One in office One in prison ......

Illinois already did this and it seems to be fucking working for them.
:big_boss:

:fixed:

Maybe we should just make it one in prison, then one in office, so they have an idea about what the real world is about prior to fucking it up for the rest of us!

Love the quote bro, hope all is well w you!

Regards
2DW

Top Bottom