Michigan Grower

• Thread starter billyran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

billyran

Hello I am a 68 year old new grower , I have had two spinal surgeries and was on opioids for the last 7 years. I had to attend a chronic pain clinic every month to be seen by my doctor and hand delivered the next month prescription because of the drug also I could be asked for a drug test on any visit.
After seven years my doctor told me that because of my age I was to big a risk for the drug I had been taking for 7 years , he said the best bet for me was a medical marijuana card.
So here I am I have been growing about 8 months now , I have 2 4x4 tents , one for photos and the other for autos , I am trying to learn everything I can about hash making , I have set sift screens and just ordered bubble bags and washer.
Looking for the best autoflowers for making hash rosin. And always open to suggestions.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Welcome friend! It’s sure nice to grow plants. Something to keep you busy and to look forward too.
One question. Why autos? Just curious as your growing photos as well. One can get a lot of product out of a 4x4. Have you considered making one of your tents the ‘veg’ chamber so that you could harvest perpetually every couple months?
What are you using for light?

B

billyran

The first grow was photos , and I enjoyed it so much I was in here playing with my plants everyday , problem with being retired is I had more time than plants to take care of. The thought of only one crop every four months or so didn't appeal to me so I thought why not try a perpetual grow with autos and it is working just great I can harvest 2 or 3 plants about every 5 weeks or so and with one tent with 4 photos and one tent with 9 autos and a closet for seedlings or clones I can start out my day in my grow room with a cup of coffee and something to do at 6:00 every morning.
After rookie mistakes of buying stuff on Amazon by the number of customer reviews and ending up with 3 - King 1000 w's which I thought were 1000 watts and are actually 185w each. I used that for the first grow then added my second tent and an HLG 550 v2 after 3 months of seeing a real light I bought a second 550 for the other tent and moved my purple lights to the closet grow.
I set up my first tent August of last year so I am really new at this but I think this is the best hobby I have ever had and YouTube has great cannabis communities.
I think maybe my Doctor was right this is the best thing I could try.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

The first grow was photos , and I enjoyed it so much I was in here playing with my plants everyday , problem with being retired is I had more time than plants to take care of. The thought of only one crop every four months or so didn't appeal to me so I thought why not try a perpetual grow with autos and it is working just great I can harvest 2 or 3 plants about every 5 weeks or so and with one tent with 4 photos and one tent with 9 autos and a closet for seedlings or clones I can start out my day in my grow room with a cup of coffee and something to do at 6:00 every morning.
After rookie mistakes of buying stuff on Amazon by the number of customer reviews and ending up with 3 - King 1000 w's which I thought were 1000 watts and are actually 185w each. I used that for the first grow then added my second tent and an HLG 550 v2 after 3 months of seeing a real light I bought a second 550 for the other tent and moved my purple lights to the closet grow.
I set up my first tent August of last year so I am really new at this but I think this is the best hobby I have ever had and YouTube has great cannabis communities.
I think maybe my Doctor was right this is the best thing I could try.
Man I am the same way. I could just hang out with the plants all damn day. Sounds like you need to start a grow diary for us to follow.
I’m perpetual also and it’s nice to only worry about hanging/trimming 1-2 plants at a time cause I live in a tiny cabin.

B

billyran

Before my first harvest I thought trimming was going to be a lot of fun but that sure wore off fast. Now the only thing I take off are the big fan leaves everything else goes into making hash rosin .

Top Bottom