Michigan outdoor growers, how are the 2022 flowers coming

• Thread starter flowerdave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Thanks, first time growing and just sweating it out.

Thanks, first time growing and just sweating it out
Maybe a bit of advice which some of the more advanced growers can chime in on.( I'm rarely correct,just ask my wife🤪)
Possibly could do a bit less on defoliating and maybe your girl needs a bit more sunshine next time around to fatten her up. Other than that,she looks like you did ok for first time around. You'll learn quite a bit here.

flowerdave

flowerdave

Rain Rain go away!!! just got back from shaking them off again but don't see anything bad yet from the rain. The 11ft Jekyll passion is leaning a little. One of the gg4 is turning purple on top but the other ones are green. Cheese is going to be ripe in a a couple weeks.

Jekyll passion
Jekyll passion 926

GG4
Gg4 926

Cheese
Cheese 926

T

Theoldman

I agree with all of you. Very similar weather a tiny bit south of you. Makes me wonder a bit when to harvest. Wind is ridiculous and unpredictable. This will probably be my last photo of the skunk #1 plant before harvest. Course it has a new name apple fritter, don’t knock who named it but it’s turning purple now so that’s real close.
06D615AC 4A40 47AE 86AA A4B47687CA25

AirHammer

AirHammer

AirHammer

AirHammer

I gave in and got some fire at a store. I hope mine is like this, also hard as a rock, one hit and stinks to high heaven (and back). every box gets a check on this one 🤪

..will someone grab the phone please?....I said answer the phone please! YO PHONE!

...oh phone was not ringing, apologies once again then 🤣 😬

TSD

TSD

Well I gave in and put up plastic, aka, my hillbilly greenhouse. 3 straight days of rain is just too much right now. It will come off in a couple days. Fingers crossed it doesn't collapse in the night. Still gonna do the morning leaf blower blow out. My other 3 are fending for themselves till I can get up there.
20220926 161639
20220926 161641
20220926 161629

BaKiNaToR

BaKiNaToR

Well I gave in and put up plastic, aka, my hillbilly greenhouse. 3 straight days of rain is just too much right now. It will come off in a couple days. Fingers crossed it doesn't collapse in the night. Still gonna do the morning leaf blower blow out. My other 3 are fending for themselves till I can get up there. View attachment 1286264View attachment 1286265

Well I gave in and put up plastic, aka, my hillbilly greenhouse. 3 straight days of rain is just too much right now. It will come off in a couple days. Fingers crossed it doesn't collapse in the night. Still gonna do the morning leaf blower blow out. My other 3 are fending for themselves till I can get up there. View attachment 1286264View attachment 1286265View attachment 1286266
Man you live dangerous. Water is going to collect and pool on that plastic😬

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I chopped one of my Tropicanna Poison plants today. The picture is after wet trim and a good bud wash. Once I'm sure they are dry from the wash I'll put them in the drying net.

Tropicanna Poison 1st cut

TSD

TSD

Man you live dangerous. Water is going to collect and pool on that plastic😬
Always lol... it has a slope, that's what the ladder is for lol. I have like 300 feet of rope across my yard from one side of the fence to the other, even if it does collect a little, it shouldn't crush anything. I'm usually pretty good at hillbilly engineering. 🤣

BaKiNaToR

BaKiNaToR

Always lol... it has a slope, that's what the ladder is for lol. I have like 300 feet of rope across my yard from one side of the fence to the other, even if it does collect a little, it shouldn't crush anything. I'm usually pretty good at hillbilly engineering. 🤣

Well, hopefully you won't need it after Wednesday... At least for a couple of days.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Never washed buds before...whats the concept behind it and What are you using for washing buds?
I've heard of people using diluted hydrogen peroxide
Outside, buds collect a lot of pollutants over the course of the growing season. I use an H2O2 wash as well as a couple of plain water washes. After the first wash, the water is kind of gray. It's a cleaner smoke when you're done.

It's no different than washing your fresh broccoli before you cook it at and eat it.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Outside, buds collect a lot of pollutants over the course of the growing season. I use an H2O2 wash as well as a couple of plain water washes. After the first wash, the water is kind of gray. It's a cleaner smoke when you're done.

It's no different than washing your fresh broccoli before you cook it at and eat it.
I couldn't agree more with the bud washing 👍 I think it helps with a clean smooth experience.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Makes sense to me to get the freeloaders and dust/dirt out. Believe I'll try it. I'm assuming it's a gentle kind of wash /rinse and let them dry off? Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom