Michigan outdoor questions

• Thread starter KneeDeep34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Hope for indica leaning. Jack is sativa strong.
I understand what you mean lol but I like Jack Herer in breeding regimens because jack is a very hardy plant... you can beat the shit out of it and it keeps going lol not to mention it's really good smoke, grows relatively predictable and it's not a nutrient hog... it's one i really like because you can literally set it and forget it lol a very good plant for all levels of experience... I highly recommend it to breeders and smokers alike.

Last edited:
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

So even tho I'm a northern wi grower, I'm a few short miles from Michigan and have been killing it outdoors for yrs.

As far as what to expect for yield...the sky is the limit. If you want several pound plants you will have to start them indoor first. I usually germinate mine in early feb and plant 3rd week in may. (You will want to adjust the lights slowly down to about 16 hours so they dont get shocked by the light change and go into flower prematurely. Plant them in as much good soil as possible. Small pots get ounces ... big pots get pounds.

Second is you want to support those plants in every way possible. We get bad wind storms around here so bracing them in the middle bottom and top is a must. Even tying together branches to the stalk is a good idea.

Depending on the strain you should be in full swing flower about mid aug. Your average strain will be done between first week of oct to mid oct.
(Dont freak out about frost... they can go through lots of them and live fine until it's a hard frost)
Took the last of mine down last yr mid nov.

We do get a lot of rain so being proactive is important. This means healthy plants and soil. Also using sprays like actinovate help wonders if you start early. Its organic and it's a bacteria that eats botrytis. Pretty amazing actually.

P.s. when you know your going to get a frost water the crap out of the soil. This helps insulate the roots.
Also try not to take them early. You can for sure finish almost any strain that is a 8 to 10 week one.

Here is a few pics of my gf by my plants

Received 1694837713978592
Received 925405857634574
20190925 174419
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I'll just let them be for now... but I'm way ahead of you for next year lol I'm just gonna plant a bunch of autos. I usually dont mess with autos but I figure if its outdoors the only money I'm realy spending is on seeds and I dont have to wait lol
I heard of a technique outdoors of covering your plants or putting them in darkness for a week and then putting them back outside that they will flower? Has anyone heard or tried this? Cheers

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

I heard of a technique outdoors of covering your plants or putting them in darkness for a week and then putting them back outside that they will flower? Has anyone heard or tried this? Cheers
It's called light deprivation. It's no different then when you grow indoors and you flip the lights to 12/12.
Some ppl can get 4 harvests a yr using light dep. Only problem is you have to always be there to make sure they go into darkness at the same time every day or you can screw it up

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

It's called light deprivation. It's no different then when you grow indoors and you flip the lights to 12/12.
Some ppl can get 4 harvests a yr using light dep. Only problem is you have to always be there to make sure they go into darkness at the same time every day or you can screw it up
Yeah the way i was explained is if you keep them in darkness for a week and put them back under 12+ hours they would still flower i thought they would just revege which is probably what would happen

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

You dont want to ever put a plant under a weeks worth of darkness. That would really fuck them up.
As far as reveg goes it depends on what time of yr it was and how long the daylight hours are.

Light dep is a lot of work unless you have a automated green house, or you manually want to drag plants in and out every evening and morning. There is def a lot of pros and cons to this.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

It's a custom strain I've been working on... a cross between jack Herer, platinum girl scout cookie, skunk #1, pine tar kush, BlackBerry kush and bluedream lol then that one strain crossed back with Jack Herer. So I have no idea what to call it lol
@ComfortablyNumb says, "Bride of Chaotica"... 🤔 😄👍

Top Bottom