Michigan Voter law, about to be ruined by state senate.

• Thread starter cooda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
^^^^^^^^^well said fuk phizer and all those big $ pharm and their pills.. i'll stick to the farm and all these great meds!!!

P

Pot Boy

Well I did go see my doc and I'm in the process of getting my card. How long can I expect to wait?

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
A long time like 75 to 80 days!! but make copys of ALL your stuff like the signature paper and the copy that u sent it to the michigan department of community health for ur car,home,wallet and where ever else,, ur legal 21 days after they cash ur 100 dollar check at the mdoch and copy that too. Peace HDK

P

Pot Boy

HDK, Thanks! Seems a bit long but I guess its better that getting caught with out a card.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
^^^I agree they cant grow like us,, they jus care about profit and dont have killer genes like we do.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

I am glad so many of you MI growers feel so strongly about this. Now it is up to all of us to make sure attacks on our rights as patients and caregivers fail and die before they can gain traction.

D

DrDanko

I'm in a neighboring state of Michigan, and have been paying attention to the scene a bit since we're as close as we've ever been to passing a law(which was based on the one that you passed in MI). That being said, I hate being a pessimist but am being realistic in saying that as close as it might end up being, we've voted against it so many times that it's hard to believe a close one will go our way. I digress.

Probably the most important right is the one to grow. And if they don't understand that more growers means more affordable prices(the one they don't care about), but more importantly if enough are taught to grow their own the big time 'for-profit' growers that the legislators deem dangerous will be put out of business. Or at least significantly weakened. More people growing only leads to positives, there are no true negatives(just the ridiculous propaganda that's put out by the conservatives). Anyway, I'll be following and wish you all luck. It's more important than ever to make your voice heard by voting, e-mailing and calling your representatives, and/or attending rallies! Peace, DrD.

B

Burned Haze

good news to hear they are not gaining ground. Noway anyone is going to take my right t grow my meds!

-BH

B

boroboro

This is an old topic, but there is still discussion and disagreement around rumors that the MACC, or parts of it, may still be interested in some way like this to restrict the explosion of small growers in Michigan.

For more, see various threads at michiganmedicalmarijuana dot org:

I don't intend to lend credibility to the rumors, just passing it along.

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

Just for the record

To those of us that have our cards the proposed law will not effect us.
Why? because we are already established as home growers. In other words no law can be retroactive. We are grand fathered in.:)

For those that do not have their card or paper work. I say go for it now before it is to late. get established asap:harvest:

B

Budders

imo they could never take the right to grow your own from the us im MI...However if they make reals on how to run a despensary i think that good...right now theres alot of shady folks doing shady things....If you like me and you like to be legit some rules would be nice so we can follow them....JUST NOT TO MANY RULES....

M

MichNuggets

wouldn't we only be grandfathered in for a year though? or until our "Allowed To Possess Plants" card expired?

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

I agree Budders,
Some well thought out guidelines would help to clear up the gray areas.
This is an opportunity for the state to allow a new industry to grow and provide hundreds of much needed jobs. Just a trip to the local hydo shop shows the amount of tax dollars rolling in from sales taxes. Will our reps see the advantage in formulating sound guidelines?
Personally I think states are awaiting some federal changes before they fully embrace
moderate acceptance of this new industry.

M

MichNuggets

oooo ya hopefully once snyder realizes what it could do for Michigan's economy him and the rest of Michigan's legislature will get their heads out of their asses and clear this all up...

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

To those of us that have our cards the proposed law will not effect us.
Why? because we are already established as home growers. In other words no law can be retroactive. We are grand fathered in.:)

For those that do not have their card or paper work. I say go for it now before it is to late. get established asap:harvest:

technically you are grandfathered in for a whopping 12 months as you have to renew and be approved again every year.

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

I think that a legal professional would be better suited to answer this question.
I tend to lean toward the ideal that if a person has his/hers card prior to any changes in the law. They would be subject to that law.

In a court case it was stated by a judge that a person is entitled to the benefits as well as the liabilities of the law at the time of adjudication. So like I said it is a question for the legal beagles.

Another aspect to ponder would be would any proposed changes be subject to voter approval? Seeing current the law was voted in by the people? Ohhh yes tis a sticky quagmire indeed. :)

Top Bottom