Micro Box??

• Thread starter Connor Sewer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Howdy, I just cant wait any longer and need to grow, however i live in an apt, so a big nice grow tent is out of the question right now.

Ive been skimming around and i was wondering if there is a company out there that has micro grow boxes/tents already set up and ready to go and i can just put my seeds in and start? I dont trust myself to build something where nothing will leak out, nor do i have the patience.

Also, ive seen a lot about leaving your seedlings in red solo cup? Is there something wrong with having the taproot sprout and then sticking them in the pot they are going to grow in right away? I figure less transplants, less stress..

Also, all things equal, what kind of yield are you looking at doing one of these micro grows? I am what they call, a "heavy user" . Thanks guys.

Last edited:
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

It depends on how short you go and how many plants you run... I've seen some grow boxes and they are expensive... Tents will leak light too...I built on in an armoir, clones & veg on one side, flower on the other... LED with a scrubber and 4" can fan... It works best going from small clones clones and adding a couple a week in the red cups...I use a wick in the bottom of cups of Coco & perlite and Jack's Hydroponic... Very simple system with a perpetual harvest.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

It depends on how short you go and how many plants you run... I've seen some grow boxes and they are expensive... Tents will leak light too...I built on in an armoir, clones & veg on one side, flower on the other... LED with a scrubber and 4" can fan... It works best going from small clones clones and adding a couple a week in the red cups...I use a wick in the bottom of cups of Coco & perlite and Jack's Hydroponic... Very simple system with a perpetual harvest.

you have any pics? im just paranoid about smell and the maintenance apartment people snooping around when they have "pest control" coming by....

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Good boxes cost up to the thousands...
The less quality ones sell for around 500
While they do look nice
Ooooooh the price.
I grew in a diy armoire for a long time with great results.
Since I am no carpenter, building a box was outta the question.
Just about anyone can retro a armoire premised cab into a grow area.
Take ones time
Do reaserch (ie: google)
Measure twice.
The way I got around Apt. Maint. Was I put it in my bedroom, and replaced the bedroom doorknob with a cheap locking one.
One of the maint. Guys asked me about it and I said
“The contents in the bedroom are mine. I require to be here if you need entrance to the bedroom”
Never had a problem, and replaced the knob when I moved out.

Farm Friendly

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

It's hard to throw seeds and grow good bud in a small space with little patience. Having done the apartment thing I can tell you it can be done but it's kind of inconvenient. Also, you will not harvest much and you'll need a butt load of patience. If you want an easy way to get it going buying a $1000 grow box might be your best bet. You'll still need to tend to your plants but with a hydro set up in a grow box you probably won't need to do much other than make sure there's water, clean it sometimes (IPM) and add nutrients. You'll probably get an ounce or two of mediocre weed every 90 days using auto seeds in a grow box. This is all based on my experience, you may fair better but realistically you won't be growing too much, it would be more just for fun and experience. supercloset.com http://www.growboxusa.com/grow_box_options.phtml http://www.fullbloomhydroponics.net/grow-box/ ....search grow box in google and take your pic lol... good luck man!

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

It's hard to throw seeds and grow good bud in a small space with little patience. Having done the apartment thing I can tell you it can be done but it's kind of inconvenient. Also, you will not harvest much and you'll need a butt load of patience. If you want an easy way to get it going buying a $1000 grow box might be your best bet. You'll still need to tend to your plants but with a hydro set up in a grow box you probably won't need to do much other than make sure there's water, clean it sometimes (IPM) and add nutrients. You'll probably get an ounce or two of mediocre weed every 90 days using auto seeds in a grow box. This is all based on my experience, you may fair better but realistically you won't be growing too much, it would be more just for fun and experience. supercloset.com http://www.growboxusa.com/grow_box_options.phtml http://www.fullbloomhydroponics.net/grow-box/ ....search grow box in google and take your pic lol... good luck man!

I dont mind patience. I have some feminized seeds here that i want to get going. IDC how long it takes because i want to set up a perpetual harvest. The most important thing is not getting caught and good weed. Im trying to figure out how to do this so i can save money compared to buying from someone and have better quality.

im impatient in the fact that i dont want to wait to move into a "freestanding" house to grow.

SharkLasko

SharkLasko

I have a superbox. It's awesome and will grow plants. That said you should only grow one at a time as they blow up in there. I would recommend fimming and heavy training to keep it small as you can. The other issue is that you need to pipe in cold air to the box or keep the box in a room with high 60 degree temps else the plant will fry. The carbon scrubber works fine if you keep the door closed...I am unable to do so, but I don't have that smell worry here. I keep the door open and blow more air in via a floor fan. My suggestion would be to save up and get the taller cabinet as that will handle heat better. I would also suggest auto flowers in hydro, but you need a ton of patience.
Good luck.

gwheels

gwheels

You can get small tents and a tent is way easier than a box imho. They come with holes for everything.
I use a 48 x 48 x 80 inch tent and a 20 x 36 x 60 and you can get them 4 feet tall 2 x 2 or 1 x 3.

Boxes work good too but remember the filter has to go somewhere. If stealth is the issue you need a GOOD scrubber.

SharkLasko

SharkLasko

I am partial to getting a tent with a good scrubber as well, it will cost less and give you a better yield. I would also also ask mgmt to only have people visit when you are there and you can steer them away from where the tent is. If you can keep it in a locked closet, you are golden. If they ask, tell em it stays locked as it's your gun closet or something.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

You can get small tents and a tent is way easier than a box imho. They come with holes for everything.
I use a 48 x 48 x 80 inch tent and a 20 x 36 x 60 and you can get them 4 feet tall 2 x 2 or 1 x 3.

Boxes work good too but remember the filter has to go somewhere. If stealth is the issue you need a GOOD scrubber.

No
For apt. Growing you don’t need a good scrubber.
You need a GREAT scrubber.
Not a diy
Not a cheapo
A great hiquality scrubber.
No smell
Notell
Farm friendly

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Build two small boxes.. paint white. Have them use the same passive airflow off small inline or puter fans. Veg and bloom.. or mother and bloom. Screw in cfls and leds if your cheap. Homemade carbon filter and a squirt of ozone juice spray shit now and then (not at the plants) and you are minty. If you smoke weed at all, that will stink up more than the grow boxes. peakseedsbc sweet c99 beans (very mild floral smell. Does not smell like weed in a way folks recognize.)
More important than all of this.. if you tell anyone, you defeated the point of stealth cabbage..
Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom