Staff
Supporter
Sanitized and ready for plant material transfer
1DFBB1E3 1796 4133 904C B997DB9D3F5E

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hopefully everything went as planned and is sanitary as can be.
Placing cuttings in jell, pull cuts from bleach solution, rinse in sterile water, cut all original cuts because of alcohol and bleach rinse, place in jell, close lid.
Maybe it worked?
Maybe it didn’t?
Time will tell:)

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Don’t forget all lids on container must be loose,
Ya don’t want them popping and fucking this up:)
I usually use a clean hand, and a sterile hand for these kinds of techniques.

The sterile is key here, above all else.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Toys for no reason? Maybe. Absolutely must? Shrug?
I've got even a little better, maybe. It's mountable, and programable.
UVC lights, kills anything, plus has the added benefit of making you sterile. 😂 Just point it at your balls.

IMG 20211129 035111469

IMG 20211129 035158437
IMG 20211129 035544704
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
See what happens eh? I’m hoping for the best but the lab coats say cannabis is one of the hardest plants to tissue culture and blame they blame it on basement breeders🤣
If you can get 1 out Of 20 to take I think it’s a win. I know someone who did this before and stopped because the clones were spindly and weak.
Well I think it's certainly worth a try; you've covered some bases here, and I've learned some things. Hopefully I can apply it to what I'm doing also, and if I have some success here, I'll sure to be sharing.

Interested in your pH (edit; I see 5.8) Did you check ppm?

The key is sterile here, and you've covered that base well, it seems. So from there it's pH and formulation (nutrients), I think. Along with dialing in environment of course.
I've purchased a few hormones; so I'm interested to see if any of these help spur cell division.

I've got some Murashige and Skoog Medium with Vitamins, Sucrose, 6-BAP, Agar, but I've also got 2g Thidiazuron TDZ 98%; 10 grams- Kinetin 6-Furfurylaminopurine 98%; and 10 g Chitosan Oligosaccharide, indole-3-butyric acid, amino butyric acid, fluvic, Pantothenic acid, ect.

So I've got a lot of bases to cover. Maybe we can collaborate on formulation.

I certainly wasn't as though with the sterilization process as you were; I'm wondering how long we should be waiting to check things. BTW, mines got zero sucrose, so this should be interesting.

IMG 20211128 014604
IMG 20211129 040351138
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
How'd it go bud??? hope yours are still in circulation.🤓 My first try was a bust, but not giving up. I've got the agar to give a try next; Been brushing up on some of the technique with mushroom spawns today. Got a few bigger clones going; so trying to work on improving all angles of this art.

Its a work in progress. But Rome wasn't built in a day.

IMG 20211215 112047

tobh

tobh

Supporter
How does 70% alcohol not kill the plant, what the fuck?
same way it doesn't kill you ;) it works by breaking apart lipids and fatty acids. so long the relevant part of the plant tissue that's being used for the culture isn't already injured in some way, the alcohol just cleans off whatever may be on the surface and kills any bacterial or viral cultures. Hell, you can even use alcohol as a foliar IPM if you really wanted to in a grow.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Well I finally got some more clones coming up in cycle; so going to try and give this another shot soon; I'm certainly not put off by a few little failures; I fully expected that going in. 🤔 Mastering a technique like this is never a straightforward endeavor; it takes practice. Like any fine art craft. Lots of tweaking; and fine tuning.

Clones are an artform in and of itself; so this is a natural extension; Getting good at the first part is paramount to a chance in hell.
The one good aspect of catastrophic failure is any progress; is progress 😁 Believe you me; I know a thing or two about overcoming catastrophic failures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom