Micro Tent and Grow light questions

• Thread starter AustinnKaine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
If you can return the light then I'd suggest doing that and getting a full spectrum one like a viparspectra p1000 or p1500. The 1500 would be better but the 1000 would work great.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Actually the tent is super short so I'd actually go for the least warm light you can get. I'd never suggest a blurple in any other scenario but I suggest one now because they basically give off no heat. It's going to be really risky because you have to be really careful with burning the plant. The soil will take up at least 7+ inches and the the light will take up 5+ so you're left with only 23 inches for the plant and the distance from the light. Usually people keep their light at least a foot away so that only leaves 13 inches for the plant which is almost nothing. 6 inches for veg so that you have enough room for flower stretching. If you can get a bigger tent.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Looking at the light, it pulls 200w which is way to much for that tent and way too hot for that tent. I have a cheap blurple that gives off no heat but also not a lot of light which you could try or maybe get the 1000w version.
It's the tolys 600w

AustinnKaine

AustinnKaine

Okay I am switching the tent to a 3x3 with 63 inches vertical. Will the light work? Or should I switch out the light too?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Okay I am switching the tent to a 3x3 with 63 inches vertical. Will the light work? Or should I switch out the light too?
Definitely switch the light to a full spectrum as well. For 3x3, a P2500 would probably work or it would be better to get 2 xs1500.(both viparspecta)

Dino70

Dino70

That small a tent just hang a flashlight would be enough. They need room to grow to much light for that small of tent.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would ditch the Vivosun tent and get a bigger one from a different brand to suit the light, a 2x4x6ft from Mars Hydro like mine would be perfect and only cost a little over a 100 quid, they have a Black Friday sale coming up so maybe even cheaper.

AustinnKaine

AustinnKaine

Okay I upgraded the tent to a 3'x3'x63''

I have bought two lights. I plan on returning one. Both were about 100 - 110. Which light would work better with those dimensions? I will link both. Please help lol.

VIPARSPECTRA 2020 Pro Series P1000 LED Grow Lights
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083JVXHF6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

or

VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 450W LED Grow Light, with Daisy Chain,Veg and Bloom Switches, Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lights for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015FLSOCE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you in advance.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
neither of those lights are enough, maybe both of them together but it would be weird because they are different strengths.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It would just be weird cuz one size would grow faster than the other.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
get them from the website btw, it's way cheaper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom