Micronized sulfur, Purecrop1, and Dr. Zymes. New cuts IPM and late flower IPM

• Thread starter doggos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
doggos

doggos

Hi All,

I've just recently had my first scare of mites. I received a cut in the mail, it being my first mail order cut I knew I needed some guidance. It took 3 days in the mail to get here and was a bit run down. It was very tall compared to what I thought I would get, and it did come rooted. I also received 3 snips of another strain.

Upon receiving the cut I was advised to wash it down with an organic soap so I went out and got Dr. Bronners. I washed the cut as well as I could without damaging it. I then planted the cut in a solo cup with some organic soil. I put it back into the dome, which is where I figure I messed up (don't have a clone tent). Regardless I kept it in the dome (it was bent halfway to fit in the dome) and it looked hungry upon receiving but I only gave it water the first time. I let it sit in there and checked daily as I was wetting my other rooting snips. Eventually it just kept looking hungrier, so I fed it, but the soil would not dry out in the dome. I had the cut for about 2 weeks at this point and didn't see any pests even with my scope. I decided to up-pot it into a 1gal of the same soil and put it in my main tent with some autos that are finishing up. At this point I switched back to just water to allow it to heal a bit and potentially show me what it needed. Over the period of a week in the main tent there was new growth but it did not look good so I pulled it out of the tent as I first thought it had a little PM.

I posted in some places I trust on discord and was told it looks like mite damage, and I freaked out. So I pulled out the scope and really got to the plant, but could not find anything I recognized.

At this point I decided to scrap the clone, I did take a cut off of it before I put in the tent to see if that would root as a backup and it is taking off as of today. Also snips from the same source have rooted perfectly.

My point for posting this is that I am now worried about my other 2 gardens in the same home that are in the last weeks of flower, it would be extremely tragic if something came off that clone onto my nearly done autos/photos and ruined my harvest. I was recommended to buy Dr. Zymes and soil drench that which makes sense to me. I was also told to spray on my flowers, a foliar feed, which sounds CRAZY to me. Also I was recommended to wash my bud in Dr. Zymes after I chop which I have never washed bud nor ever wanted to get into it. Maybe I'm being hardheaded but I'm not sure.

After I was recommended Dr. Zymes, I had a trusted source inform me to wash all incoming cuts in micronized sulfur w/ a wetting agent. Then to use purecrop1 going forward.

So now I have Dr. Zymes arriving today, Purecrop1 arriving tomorrow, and I will need to source some micronized sulfur and whatever wetting agent will work for my incoming cuts??

As far as treating my current gardens I am under the impression I should use the Dr. Zymes I have arriving today.

For new cuts going forward... I will order a bag of micronized sulfur (Bonide most likely) and potentially use dish soap as a wetting agent?? Dip in the solution and put in solos in a separate tent or dome to quarantine for 10 days... then can begin using purecrop1 and if ready.. transplant to veg containers and veg out? Please gurus of the forum please come thruuuuuuu 😁

I've uploaded the picture I took to discord, that is the clone the day I took it out of the main tent to scope.

Micronized sulfur purecrop1 and dr zymes new cuts ipm and late flower ipm

Clone2
Clone3
Clone4
Last edited:
Bonshell68

Bonshell68

I've had experience in the past with using a sulphur warmer/ burner! Indoors on full bloom for mites! Then I purchased some green lace wing egg cards to place on plants! It worked so good! No sprays! Needed! Mighty wash! And neem weren't working well enough! So..as we were all organic! My dad and I were always neurotic about clean room's and such! But thos little bastards (mites) can be relentless! One time I got high lol...😂👍 and left my burner going way too long! Didn't hurt a thing! I don't know if it'll work for you but you might look into these tactics to use on your problem if you ever have mite issues again in future?

Latest posts

Top Bottom