Micronutrient deficiency? Need some input

• Thread starter BlowinKK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlowinKK

BlowinKK

I'm growing in coco loco medium from foxfarms, 78-84°F 60-70RH
I've been using filtered water from the fridge, using dakine420 nutrients with a feed chart, and also supplimenting calimagic every watering, before feed ph is 5.8-6 ppm between 700-900, my run off ph is coming out low between 5-5.3 i also noticed my run off ppm was extremely high so i flushed with tap water to try and increase my run off and it continued to come out lower than the desired ph level. I believe i am fighting a zinc or iron micronutrient considering immobile nutrients start from the tops of the plants, the new growth is coming in yellow, older leaves are not affected, should i use some typr of chelated foilar spray, or TPS canopy spray with some recharge? I'm not experienced enough to know what to do in this situation. Any input on a good solution to this would be greatly apperciated.

P.s- ive contacted fox farm they stated via email that specifically for cannabis the ph level in coco loco should be between 5.8-6.8.

Micronutrient deficiency need some input
Micronutrient deficiency need some input 2
Micronutrient deficiency need some input 3
Micronutrient deficiency need some input 4
Micronutrient deficiency need some input 5
BlowinKK

BlowinKK

That's your problem. start watering once or twice a day, always with nutrients & always 20% runoff in Coco, that should take care of your issue, good luck!
Ive been feeding 1 gallon of feed per 5 gal fabric pot, the bag says to water every 2 or 3 days, ill water every day and see where it takes me.

20200712 194354
BlowinKK

BlowinKK

Coco is not soil, its hydroponic; never let it dry out, follow what I said above and give it a little time & it should straighten right out cuz you caught it early ish
Also ive been feeding it at 5.8-6 ph 800-1000 ppm but my run off was coming out low ph, high ppm.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
If you’re growing in coco loco, there are nutrients in that medium. How old are the plants? You’re PH with coco loco should be around 6.4. You shouldn’t have to add any nutrients to it for at least 3 weeks.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
I am on my first grow and I originally ordered coco loco to use but they shipped it across the street and I didn’t know so I used a brick of cheap coco instead lol. I can’t wait to use it next grow. My buddy just finished up a DVG strain in it last month and it did amazing

BlowinKK

BlowinKK

If you’re growing in coco loco, there are nutrients in that medium. How old are the plants? You’re PH with coco loco should be around 6.4. You shouldn’t have to add any nutrients to it for at least 3 weeks.
Thank you for giving me the optimal ph level for coco loco. I couldnt find the answer for the life of me, FF was telling me 5.8-6.8 which wasnt helpful at all lol, but i will water again tomorrow and check my run off/ppms. Also the plants all sprouted june 14th, so they are 1 month old.

BlowinKK

BlowinKK

I am on my first grow and I originally ordered coco loco to use but they shipped it across the street and I didn’t know so I used a brick of cheap coco instead lol. I can’t wait to use it next grow. My buddy just finished up a DVG strain in it last month and it did amazing
Ive heard some great things about coco loco thats why i went woth it aswell, but kinda confusing when they were telling me to treat it like coco, ph wise, and treat it like soil watering wise.

BlowinKK

BlowinKK

So i had flushed about 3 days ago, pruned the discolored leaves, they look much better already the new growth is coming back in a bit darker, just gave them a feed of half reccomended dose of dakine420 base and grow, also gave 1 tsp per gallon calmag suppliment, 2 plants had a 6.0 PH run off, one had a 5.55 so i tried adding a bit of tap water(7.5-8ph) and the run off on that plant came out at an even lower ph of 5.2. Not sure why it would drop even more when i added a higher ph water. Also have some TPS canopy foilar spray coming tomorrow so i will do a little bit of foilar feeding tomorrow and see where that lands me. I'm assuming that the plants are going to thrive better with a ph of 6 so i'll try to keep it there.

20200713 222002
20200713 222036
20200713 221957
L.g.o.420

L.g.o.420

So i had flushed about 3 days ago, pruned the discolored leaves, they look much better already the new growth is coming back in a bit darker, just gave them a feed of half reccomended dose of dakine420 base and grow, also gave 1 tsp per gallon calmag suppliment, 2 plants had a 6.0 PH run off, one had a 5.55 so i tried adding a bit of tap water(7.5-8ph) and the run off on that plant came out at an even lower ph of 5.2. Not sure why it would drop even more when i added a higher ph water. Also have some TPS canopy foilar spray coming tomorrow so i will do a little bit of foilar feeding tomorrow and see where that lands me. I'm assuming that the plants are goin
Hey man you should transplant her to dakine420 right now I have 2 plants Doing great in coco loco but one not so great transplanting in am into dakine420 hoping for all green growth rather than a green skirt lol good luck homie

Top Bottom