• Thread starter AquaLabTech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Micropropropagation - Plant Tissue Culture

Part 1

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y4dCVrl37k&eurl=http://westcoastcannabis.com/videos[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b71xvbJE5sc&eurl=http://westcoastcannabis.com/[/YOUTUBE]

Aqua Lab Tech

G

GDS StonerBoy

Very nice video ALT, i've been looking into micropropagation alot lately. It seems as if the conditions that have to be met are too difficult for me at this point but hopefully sometime soon i'll be able to have a super sterile environment to practice micropropagation.

Thanks for the excellent video.

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
awesome thread this is the future

G

GDS StonerBoy

awesome thread this is the future

It definitely is! I think they sometimes exaggerate on how sterile the environment has to be. I've done similar work while in college and the utensils must be very sterile but the environment only needs like a hepafilter around to keep airborne's away.

I think i may get one of these kits and give it a go to see just how sterile the environment has to be. I'll be everyone test dummy:evilgrin0040:

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I'd love to see someone give this a go. Get that kit and do it up GDS

O

Obsoul33t

you have to be very sterile when introducing new tissue into culture.

once you have clean tissue doing multiplication transfers is a breeze .

it's all in the introduction

i have had some success and some failure , i am still working on the time in bleach and time in iso to sterilize the tissue

if your not 100% sterile your growing mold simple as that

sorry for the poor pix

Alien kush 4closeup 001
Alien kush 4closeup 002
H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
How long can you preserve in that condition obs?

O

Obsoul33t

what you see is 4 weeks old they have grown about quadruple from when they were explanted .

under low light condition you could maintain for 2-3 months before needing transplant .

it really depends on the hormone ratios .

depending on ratio you can grow roots or shoots or callus "undifferentiated tissue"

P

ProGroWannabe

Bump....
This TC thang just keeps getting more interesting all the time.

side note ....DO IT GDS!!!!!!!!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow, nice work obs, you've got some time in with this. Thanks for the feedback.

G

GDS StonerBoy

Very Very Nice obs! So are you saying that its more the utensils and tissue that need to be sterile? Do you do you culture's in a normal environment?

Sorry if i'm asking too many questions but this is something i'm very interested in, i have more questions but i'll give you a chance to answer those first.

Herer - i've been talking to my homie PGW about this for awhile, i think i'm gonna give it a go this month.

PGW - Hey bro after seeing Obs pics, i'm gonna pick up that kit! Sounds like the ultimate way to keep a mother imo! Hopefully you can take this for a whirl sometime soon as well. If anybody will master this it'll be you!

O

Obsoul33t

Very Very Nice obs! So are you saying that its more the utensils and tissue that need to be sterile? Do you do you culture's in a normal environment?

Sorry if i'm asking too many questions but this is something i'm very interested in, i have more questions but i'll give you a chance to answer those first.

Herer - i've been talking to my homie PGW about this for awhile, i think i'm gonna give it a go this month.

PGW - Hey bro after seeing Obs pics, i'm gonna pick up that kit! Sounds like the ultimate way to keep a mother imo! Hopefully you can take this for a whirl sometime soon as well. If anybody will master this it'll be you!

well as a whole you need to be steriel i can't say one step is less critical than another.

i don't have a fancy laminar flow hood i use a plastic tub layed on the side
everything gets sprayed with iso over and over , the utensils are denatured alcohol and then burned off before use and then dipped back in after every singe move and burned off again .

sterilizing the agar and jars is easy in an autoclave

another tip is to scrub your arms with a stiff bristle brush to remove as much dead skin a possible as this attracts dust mites.

dust mites are your biggest enemy in tissue culture and they feed on dead skin .

P

ProGroWannabe

another tip is to scrub your arms with a stiff bristle brush to remove as much dead skin a possible as this attracts dust mites.

dust mites are your biggest enemy in tissue culture and they feed on dead skin .

Hummm I'd have never known that one! Great tip Obs. Thank you.

GDS.....you get going bro and I'll try it too. I just have ta get some girls done before I can buy the kit. If they don't finish up before long I'm gonna start pimp-slappin them bitches daily like a real OG!...lol

G

goldenroad08

Sounds like the ultimate way to keep a mother imo! Ho!

not only the perfect way to keep mothers, but a perfect way to keep really good phenos and clone onlys that you would otherwise throw away beacuse its hard to keep 20 mothers. asaik its only the hormone level needed to worry about with micro propagation. hopefully in the far future it would lead to a mpbay where ppl bid on clone onlys n such. i mean , those accidental and breeder picked phenos avaliable to everyone would be both a global farmers and a true heads wet dream!

but since plants dont "die" untill the completley dry out im sure theyre are some strains that could be sent in vacuo in h20 and rooting hormone overnighted and just rooted on delivery. guess thats just MY wetdream. lol

Top Bottom