• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Am i going well for a first timer?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
v12xjs

v12xjs

@Ikshady I did notice the fan, it featured in 2 of your pics but there's no vent behind it so it won't be very effective. You should really read about the need for intakes and exhausts.
And I'm with dnewsome2 and DrMcSkunkins that there is no benefit to feeding seedlings until the cotyledons begin to show signs of stress.
I have no idea what happens to a plant that has had a 900 ppm feed and a 700ppm feed before it even opened up its leaves so I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Good luck with the grow.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

No, feeding them before the cotyledons die off creates toxicity in the young roots and locks out certain nutrients, showing up as a deficiency on the leaves.

Trust me, if you give your plant straight tap water that has sat out for a day to remove chlorine, in a cup of coco until the first little round green leaves shrivel up and turn brown, they will be as happy as they have ever been.

If you don't believe me try one seed out and see, it will start to turn a little lighter green after the cotyledons die and then you start feeding at 1/2 strength.

must have some crap plants if them lil coty can be all the nute the plant needs for 30 days they growing a inch a month?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
must have some crap plants if them lil coty can be all the nute the plant needs for 30 days they growing a inch a month?
Or some people just don't know how to grow yet and start feeding their seedlings 200ppm from the get go and then make urgent help I burned my plants threads, and then other people that just started growing and think they know everything tell them they need to give their plants more. Sounds like my doctor, oh those pills aren't working, here take these too...

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Or some people just don't know how to grow yet and start feeding their seedlings 200ppm from the get go and then make urgent help I burned my plants threads, and then other people that just started growing and think they know everything tell them they need to give their plants more. Sounds like my doctor, oh those pills aren't working, here take these too...

I never said any amount to give all I said is u don't want to starve coco I been down that road years ago stunted a bunch of babes bc of it as well

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Plants will do just fine on distilled water in coco until the cotyledons die off.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

coty are used to feed the plant tell the plant has its first true sets of leafs with out the true leafs the plant cant photosynthesis so it uses the coty to feed the plant tell the plant has them leafs and photosynthes with the leafs

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Plants will do just fine on distilled water in coco until the cotyledons die off.

dist water might as well be ph water allways 7 ph and really never heard of any one using a ph so high as of 7 for coco

I

Ikshady

How are the babies looking today?
Here's how it is looking now? Past 24 hours I have ventilated or exchanged the air the box and the seedling thrice, did not give it any water or nutrients as the Rockwell still has enough. Just letting it dry out a bit. Later will add some distilled water thru a syringe may be. But the ventilation seems to helping so far..

IMAG0163
IMAG0164
IMAG0165
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Here's how it is looking now? Past 24 hours I have ventilated or exchanged the air the box and the seedling thrice, did not give it any water or nutrients as the Rockwell still has enough. Just letting it dry out a bit. Later will add some distilled water thru a syringe may be. But the ventilation seems to helping so far..
She looks pretty good. What about your lighting? Maybe she needs a little more lights or closer?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Did you put some holes at the bottom of your box? The hot air will draw cool air in from the bottom as it exits. It's important to keep the correct temperature but also important to have fresh air.

I

Ikshady

She looks pretty good. What about your lighting? Maybe she needs a little more lights or closer?
Just waiting for the shops to open then will get the light closer. As per the Box i have openings on both the sides one located 20cm from bottom the other at 45cm and there are enough holes on the top for the hot air to exit. Once the plant gets big enough i might fix a fan on top as well as exhaust. since yesterday i have been opening the box every 6 hours atleast just to make sure that the air in the box is exchanged. also keeping the seedling out for half an hour at least during these intervals so it can get some air too

I

Ikshady

now I am going to cover it with a small bottle inverted over the net pot as in the picture. I am going to leave it like that for 6 hours.. Should I add some holes to it? It just manually exchange the air after 6 hours?

IMAG0168
IMAG0167
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Keep fertilizing your seedlings lol who cares I'm done trying to convince people tho, dump some miracle grow straight on em...
20161219 211953

All in coco perlite mix, no nutes given at all yet, straight tap water...
They were about a week from their first feeding I think, just starting to lighten in color.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Don't think you need to put a bottle on it. Just a light. That Rockwell should stay moist enough until you can get back to it.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Keep fertilizing your seedlings lol who cares I'm done trying to convince people tho, dump some miracle grow straight on em...
View attachment 718697
They were about a week from their first feeding I think, just starting to lighten in color.
For what it is worth I know you are right.

I

Ikshady

View attachment 718697
May be you are lucky enough to have tap water under the ph range for plants.. My tap water has the ph of 7.5 to 7.2. I don't feel that comfortable giving such bad water to my seedling.. What you're saying does make sense about not feeding nutrients, will try that next time.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

May be you are lucky enough to have tap water under the ph range for plants.. My tap water has the ph of 7.5 to 7.2. I don't feel that comfortable giving such bad water to my seedling.. What you're saying does make sense about not feeding nutrients, will try that next time.
He's right man. My water is hard as hell and with seedlings it doesn't really matter until they get their first set of leaves in.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

They don't need any fertilizer until that first set of leaves come in it's built in the seed like Mama's breast milk.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
My tap pH is over 7, seedlings don't care, pHing seedling water is a waste of money.

Top Bottom