Mid Flower: Leaves are continuing to yellow and die. HELP Please

• Thread starter HFJud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
The PH is a direct effect of the medium drying out. Same thing happens in coco or rockwool. You want to back off the nutes and continue to water them until they lift there heads up. It will take a couple of days fully. If you keep blasting them with nutes it might cause more problems. Don't be too concerned with ph ect at you just want to nurse them back to as much health as you can and then address those problems. You can always drop the ph of your water just a little down to compensate if it makes you feel better.

Last edited:
B

Burned Haze

Just a few questions to get everyone/you on track and a resolution hopefully. I’m sure we can figure it out here

Are you adding ph first before the nutes or after? What kind of ph down/up are usingto adjust if you mind me asking?

do you make sure when your mixing your nutritions to be fully mixed in before going to the next nutrient added ? Do you add your nutrients how the feeding chart displayed? Sometimes if you are adding certain things first or last it will make it unstable like cal mag or silica or brand specific.

Just from your pictures and how they are acting’s at the time of age,it might be salt build up, my resolution in future or if you could get it fast is get sea green , that is best solution for salt and lowering your fertilizer intakes . Love that and solved my salt issues ( only made my plants need more nutes and more hungry and healthy )

Drying out definitely can be one of your main issues ( coco relies on that and caps and does not function correctly after like chemchris mentioned ) and that may be your culprit to the salt issues, but it’s always good to hear from the grower the whole steps since you have some issues going on or you might have multiple .

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks guys.

Something I noticed today was after pH’ing my nutrient solution to 6.5 and then waiting a few hours to check soil pH - I’ve noticed that the soil pH has climbed to 7.1-7.3. Looks like I’ll be doing a good cal-mag flush this next watering.

Any suggestions for flush pH? I was thinking 6.0-6.2 until the soil came down below 6.7.
Cal mag will generally raise the Ph, the opposite of what you want tio happen if your Ph is climbing above 7. A plain water flush would probably be best, maybe with a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar to lower the Ph if it is too high.

Top Bottom