Mid-Flower ~ Yellow Leaves, Yellow Leaf Stems, Flimsy Branches, Leaves falling off

• Thread starter gr0wC0d3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gr0wC0d3

Hello i am having some problems with 1 of my plants & can't figure out what it is.

Feeding Dyna Grow Bloom 5ml ()
Dyna Grow Pro-tek
t 2.5ml ()

I give them the nutes with 12 Liters of water then 12 Liters of plain water on its own; per week.
(Water has PH of 6.5)

It started with leaves yellowing, first i thought it could be coming to the end so i check the trichomes, they were mostly clear a few cloudy & the buds haven't formed properly yet (there are still white 'flicks' as i call them).
Ph checks out as just over 7; (7.3-7.5) so not great but nothing major.

A few weeks ago i laid alot of dolomite lime down as top soil to help bring the ph up from a lower level & it has worked. So i removed most of it thinking maybe it could be the problem.

Anyway a few days past & the yellowing & had spread to the leaf stems. Now i was thinking possible N deficiency so i added some veg nutes to next feed.
A leaf fan leaf or 2 had now fallen off.
A few days later i noticed my yellow sticky traps had accumulated a fair few fungus gnats (It done this in a 24hour period). I searched my greenhouse & found a swarm of about 50, i killed then all & replaced the sticky traps with a new 1. After a thorough inspection i also found a few on my plant.
I also notice lots of fan leaves are drooping, with 1 or 2 i gently lifted then & they snapped at where their leaf stem meets the main stem of the plant.
Next i given it water with dyna gro - pro tekt.

The best part of a week after with no signs of improvement:
The main stem is green but the stems that are directly attached to fan leaves (leaf stems) are yellow. Some yellow leaves have brown blotches, some fan leaves have progressed even further with whatever this is and have completely turned brown & shriveled.

So these are the stages
1 - Yellowing leaf (loses green-ness)
2 - Continued yellowing leaf (A light yellow), leaf stem starts to droop & stem starts to turn yellow
3 - Continued yellowing leaf (Yellow), stem further yellowing & drooping, possible brown blotches
4 - If the leaf & leaf stem hasn't fallen off; Browning of leaf (dying) & fully drooping; supported by another branch (growing of brown blotch; if their).
5 -leaf & leaf stem fallen off or leaf shriveled & dead

This is spreading & i haven't got it yet,
The 2 that i 'broke off' were weird; where the leaf stem connects to the main stem they were almost rock solid but further down the stem they were normal.
Now i have lost about 6 main fan leaves & more look on their way; yesterday was the first time its happened to a leaf & stem leaf that wasn't connect to the main stem.
I think it could of been the fungus gnats but since they have been gone it still seems to be persisting, im going to do a flush when i next water also i have more than 1 plant but they aren't showing signs of this so that throws the fungus gnats being the cause into doubt

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What media and method are you using to grow? Indoor, outdoor, lighting, ventilation, environmental parameters? Where on the plant are you having the problems? Pix can tell us a lot, whole plant and close-ups.

G

gr0wC0d3

Outdoor, greenhouse, a few wholes & fans for ventilation but still gets kinda hot (30C + on hot days). Seemed to happen on the higher fan leaves first (most of which are gone) then spread everywhere.
DSC 0464
DSC 0465
DSC 0466
DSC 0467
DSC 0469
DSC 0470
DSC 0471
DSC 0472
DSC 0473
DSC 0475

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Heat will do that. Also, she looks to be kinda far along into flowering, that would be another reason for fading/yellowing. Right now I think it's the heat.

Top Bottom