mid-flowering brown pistils and ppm clarifications

• Thread starter BlueberryNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Hi! I'm at fifth week of flowering with a sativa dominant strain (gelato dream), some pistils are brown and this happened 1/2 weeks ago already , this only in the upper part of the cola, the buds below are all still white, I thought it was for the light too close, but I got two plants and the other is even closer to the light source being higher, but the pistils are perfectly healthy (last photo).
Another thing I don't understand is the amount of nutes I have to use, I read that for flowering the ideal would be around 1100ppm, but it is never specified for what type of strain, I imagine that a plant that has over 8 colas needs more nutes than one without training, especially if they also take summer sun (4 hours only in the brightest hours), co2 from generators and uvb/uva light in the grow tent... so I increased the value to 1600pmm, I would like to use the maximum amount of nutrients possible that it can take to get full buds, but without avoiding nutrient burns, what ppm value do you use for large plants? (sorry if it's stupid, I'm just a noob)

Mid flowering brown pistils and ppm clarifications
Mid flowering brown pistils and ppm clarifications 2
Mid flowering brown pistils and ppm clarifications 3
Mid flowering brown pistils and ppm clarifications 4
Mid flowering brown pistils and ppm clarifications 5
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Does anyone know if it's a bad sign that they are already brown in this flowering stage? I would really like to get the best out of this plant, please help!!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

They are supposed to turn amber. They look good.
If only one side changes color, then you are getting light stress probably.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it can be strain dependent, it could be seeded (check for male parts, but the brown parts curl up), it could just be how it goes. it looks healthy though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom