Mid Stage Flowering Yellow Leaves

• Thread starter BlackPhilip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackPhilip

BlackPhilip

Hello, new to the forum and also new to growing in general. Thanks in advance for the help. I have a Critical Purple Strain auto flower that is about 3 weeks into flowering. I have noticed the top of the soil has been getting drier quicker so I have been watering a bit more. WIth this I am noticing some of the leaves starting to yellow. I was watering about every 2-3 days or when it looked dry, but as previously stated the soil has been drying out more quickly. I have been using the "Tiger Bloom" liquid about once a week since I noticed flowering. I have been using reverse osmosis water. Any help would be great! This guy has been doing really well up until now.

Tempimage5xpqea
Tempimageb1myd4
Tempimageoy3xku
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Your plant wants a little more nitrogen that it's getting in Tiger Bloom.

I have never grown an auto, so this may not apply, but photo plants seem to like a little more N during the first 2-3 weeks of flower than flower nutes provide.

BTW, this is no big deal. The yellow leaves will not green up again. The problem is gone if it does not continue up the plant. But keep in mind, this is not a huge problem and don't go nuts trying to remedy it.

BlackPhilip

BlackPhilip

Thanks for the reply. I think your right because I forgot to mention I didn’t realize I was using the big bloom (which does NOT have N in it ) for the first week or two. It does seem to be effecting the rest of the plant very slowly. I started using the Tiger Bloom a couple days ago so we’ll see if the N can pull through. Do you think the increase in watering had any effect? Should I continue to water when soil looks dry? Thanks again.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Your plant wants a little more nitrogen that it's getting in Tiger Bloom.

I have never grown an auto, so this may not apply, but photo plants seem to like a little more N during the first 2-3 weeks of flower than flower nutes provide.

BTW, this is no big deal. The yellow leaves will not green up again. The problem is gone if it does not continue up the plant. But keep in mind, this is not a huge problem and don't go nuts trying to remedy it.
I've had yellow leaves green up again. It depends on how far gone they are.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks for the reply. I think your right because I forgot to mention I didn’t realize I was using the big bloom (which does NOT have N in it ) for the first week or two. It does seem to be effecting the rest of the plant very slowly. I started using the Tiger Bloom a couple days ago so we’ll see if the N can pull through. Do you think the increase in watering had any effect? Should I continue to water when soil looks dry? Thanks again.
yes

TheOrganicFarmer

TheOrganicFarmer

Hello, new to the forum and also new to growing in general. Thanks in advance for the help. I have a Critical Purple Strain auto flower that is about 3 weeks into flowering. I have noticed the top of the soil has been getting drier quicker so I have been watering a bit more. WIth this I am noticing some of the leaves starting to yellow. I was watering about every 2-3 days or when it looked dry, but as previously stated the soil has been drying out more quickly. I have been using the "Tiger Bloom" liquid about once a week since I noticed flowering. I have been using reverse osmosis water. Any help would be great! This guy has been doing really well up until now.
I'm also having same issues with one of my autos and it has a crazy feeding reg, I feed it everything I can. Cal, mag, iron, nitrogen, iron, vit b, patasium, phosphorus, and a load of macro nutrients. I dont knoz to much about autos as this is the first time iv growthe' but I do hear the need alot of nutes at start. Good luck buddy

TheOrganicFarmer

TheOrganicFarmer

Even use clover on top as it's a nitrogen fixator but never made any difference

TheOrganicFarmer

TheOrganicFarmer

It's also good to let them dry out between watering as u can rot the roots and they will pull up the nute faster wen dry. And at this stage they do start to get thirsty, u will find u will be watering everyday or 2nd soon.

TheOrganicFarmer

TheOrganicFarmer

Pluss all top growth looks healthy bro. I wouldnt fuzz to much unless it starts to spread. And lower leaves lighting up first

MobyBear

MobyBear

Did you clip the yellow leaves off or leave them? Mine is in early flowering and have like 2 leaves that I think have been yellow for a couple weeks, rest if plant looks super healthy. Wondering if I should clip them or leave them.

FDCA453D 2218 470A 8A25 B285955A85CF
Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Did you clip the yellow leaves off or leave them? Mine is in early flowering and have like 2 leaves that I think have been yellow for a couple weeks, rest if plant looks super healthy. Wondering if I should clip them or leave them.
Clip em. They are inside clogging up airflow pathways ✌️

Top Bottom