Might Try Coco Coir

• Thread starter dilligaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dilligaf

dilligaf

A friend is trying to get me to give up organic soil before i blend my next batch..he is recommending trying the GH go box..appears to be a small sample of each of their products..i like the idea of organic nutes for soilless.

Has anyone tried the GH line of nutes here..he uses his go box lineup for his organic soil grow..my thinking is the coir would be a better medium for strictly liquid nutes..but i dont know that..thats why i am asking..he doesnt have the best results..and he refuses to join a forum.

From the little i have read so far on it the ph needs to be around 5.8 to around 6.2..any thoughts from someone who grows in this style will be appreciated.

My organic soil has produced some plants with amazing flavors and smell but the yeilds are low..mainly looking to simplify the grow and maybe add a little more weight.

Thanks for any replies in advance

D

dilligaf

dilligaf

Thanks for reply..i have been told that for yield GH floro series cant be beat but they surpress the flavors and smell..will keep on looking at old threads..thanks again

D

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Personally, I use synthetics in my coir. Just too easy.
And if you want to retain as much of a terp profile as possible feed them till the end.

Thomas King

Thomas King

Hey man definitely a good choice. Saw your thread never had an account but want to tell you stick off the bottled nutes in my opinion. Look up Jacks professional. 5-12-26 and 15-0-0. There is a recipe look it up. Jacks 321. It's as simple as abc. Also it's extremely cheap around $90 for a 25 bag that will last you 2 years.. you will also need epsom salt also but look up that recipe on YouTube or other forums.. you just feed 3 grams jacks hydro (5-12-26), 2 grams cal nit (15-0-0), and 1 gram epsom salt ever feeding. From seedling to harvest. Simple as can be. Produces yields, potent, sticky buds. Do some research on Jack 321 recipe with Coco coir.

dilligaf

dilligaf

Thanks for replies..will definitely try to look it up..pretty nervous about liquid nutes..all my grows have had everything in the soil at transplant. .just add bubbled water..thanks again good people

D

dilligaf

dilligaf

Does anyone use the chunky coir..i have been using it to mulch my soil grows..got half a bale left.

D

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Coco for the best of both worlds its easy and yeilda like hero after I get all my house worked out im switching to straight coco. Im an organic soil farmer but just ran coco as a test and loved it. Jacks is cheep and good I like hydroponics resherch veg+bloom but I've seen people kill it in coco with salts my frienslds just switched over to salts and crush it cost 250 for all 4 houses producing 15+pounds a week

xavier7995

xavier7995

Planning to go back to coco, I like it quite a bit more than organic soil for all the reasons listed. I find it way easier to correct issues in, soil frustrates me as I can't quantify nutrient levels when just adding cups of amendments, I like precision.

Thomas King

Thomas King

Coco for the best of both worlds its easy and yeilda like hero after I get all my house worked out im switching to straight coco. Im an organic soil farmer but just ran coco as a test and loved it. Jacks is cheep and good I like hydroponics resherch veg+bloom but I've seen people kill it in coco with salts my frienslds just switched over to salts and crush it cost 250 for all 4 houses producing 15+pounds a week
Jacks it's salts. You mean he makes his own salts?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Any idea what the cost savings is on using the raw salts to blend your own vs jacks? Jacks is so cheap as it is, I would find it hard to justify the effort and risk of mixing wrong. Though in theory, being able to manipulate each element is right up my alley and what I should be looking for.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Any idea what the cost savings is on using the raw salts to blend your own vs jacks? Jacks is so cheap as it is, I would find it hard to justify the effort and risk of mixing wrong. Though in theory, being able to manipulate each element is right up my alley and what I should be looking for.
I don't know off the top but they paid 250 for enough nutes to run all the houses for over a year

Thomas King

Thomas King

Personally ld think making your own mix with salts would be cheaper just like getting compost premixed is way more expensive then making some yourself. IMO I would if you are more experienced with salts but Jacks is perfect alone.. You could even add a bloom booster at the end and some other small addatices to make it even better.

Top Bottom