MIGRO Aray 720w vs Lumatek Zeus PRO 600w

• Thread starter ectaszy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ectaszy

ectaszy

Hello, which one better to pick? Tent - 4x8
MIGRO Aray 480W or Lumatek Zeus PRO 465W ?
or if it's not too much
MIGRO Aray 720W vs Lumatek Zeus PRO 600W ?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hello, which one better to pick? Tent - 4x8
MIGRO Aray 480W or Lumatek Zeus PRO 465W ?
or if it's not too much
MIGRO Aray 720W vs Lumatek Zeus PRO 600W ?
Neither will fully cover a 4 x 8 tent. A 4 x 8 has 32 ft sq of space. Ideally you should have 30 watts per ft sq. 32ft sq x 30w per sq ft = 960 watts. It would take 2 of either the MIGRO Aray 480W or 2 of the Lumatek/PhotonTek 465w lights to adequately illuminate your tent. I like the Lumatek/PhotonTek personally, but Migro makes great fixtures. I would stick to bar lights over COBS in a tent but Migro makes both types.

ectaszy

ectaszy

=Neither will fully cover a 4 x 8 tent. A 4 x 8 has 32 ft sq of space. Ideally you should have 30 watts per ft sq. 32ft sq x 30w per sq ft = 960 watts. It would take 2 of either the MIGRO Aray 480W or 2 of the Lumatek/PhotonTek 465w lights to adequately illuminate your tent. I like the Lumatek/PhotonTek personally, but Migro makes great fixtures. I would stick to bar lights over COBS in a tent but Migro makes both types.
I should have written that I would, of course, buy those LEDs doubled. I understand that buying more powerful version i.e. 720/600 will not give better results but only increase costs, right?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I should have written that I would, of course, buy those LEDs doubled. I understand that buying more powerful version i.e. 720/600 will not give better results but only increase costs, right?
More light isn't always better. Without using CO2, you would be paying for more watts than you need and would either be hanging your lights higher to compensate (there are benefits to this) or running at less than 100% (also some benefits) but I'm not sure those benefits justify spending several hundred more per fixture.

Top Bottom