Mike Pence, Trump’s Vp Pick, Is Bad News For Cannabis Reform

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xavier7995

xavier7995

And it will be just as ineffective next time. I am not a big Jill fan, though I back many of the same things. Strikes me as activism for attention. I am probably biased and still mad that I voted Nader back in 2000...green party just doesn't have their shit together enough to be real contenders at this point. Gotta grow their base and appeal rather than preach to the choir.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

And it will be just as ineffective next time. I am not a big Jill fan, though I back many of the same things. Strikes me as activism for attention. I am probably biased and still mad that I voted Nader back in 2000...green party just doesn't have their shit together enough to be real contenders at this point. Gotta grow their base and appeal rather than preach to the choir.
So you took a vote away from the inventor of the internet (which is a series of tubes), further enabling a Bush victory?

For shame. I bet you touch yourself at night too, don't you?

:)

xavier7995

xavier7995

Ha, yeah I ummm...well it doesn't matter too much when you reside in states where they are so blue or red political ads don't even run. It does make voting your conscious a much more palatable option, writing myself in while living in Massachusetts or kansas isn't really going to move the needle.

My boner over having my vote matter and living in a battleground state...man that thing could drive nails.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Ha, yeah I ummm...well it doesn't matter too much when you reside in states where they are so blue or red political ads don't even run. It does make voting your conscious a much more palatable option, writing myself in while living in Massachusetts or kansas isn't really going to move the needle.

My boner over having my vote matter and living in a battleground state...man that thing could drive nails.
You sound about as exited as my girlfriend when I am done giving her the business. By business I mean 30 seconds of fury followed by 25 minutes of shameful crying and apologizing. Tears make great lube.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Christie isn't doing trump any favors, especially when he's said he'll defy federal law to allow online sports betting but would veto any attempts at medical or recreational marijuana.

What an asshole.

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

This tax issue with both shill and dump is interesting ....I wonder how Bernie's taxes look?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Bet they are boring. I know "he owns 3 houses!" And all but eh...it's different orders of magnitude. Dudes just upper middle class to upper class. His lifestyle fits with a senators salary. My guess is that they are all cheaper than a 2 bed apartment in nyc/sf.

Been enjoying watching johnson flounder and Ron Paul being disappointed by him. Don't agree with him on much but I sure do have the utmost respect for Paul, at least he legitimately believes in what he says.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Bet they are boring. I know "he owns 3 houses!" And all but eh...it's different orders of magnitude. Dudes just upper middle class to upper class. His lifestyle fits with a senators salary. My guess is that they are all cheaper than a 2 bed apartment in nyc/sf.

Been enjoying watching johnson flounder and Ron Paul being disappointed by him. Don't agree with him on much but I sure do have the utmost respect for Paul, at least he legitimately believes in what he says.
And it's even more demoralizing to see legitimate issues get trumped, that we have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Fuck.

AmWeedwolf

AmWeedwolf

1. We follow our energy coherently, where it comes from and where it goes.
2. We eradicate planned obsolescence
3. Vote for NO ONE. Taxation without representation...we have to know the difference between what the platform is and what the controlled message is.

The controlled message is what should represent us not the phony platform we see time and time again get ignored once office is taken.

#3 Is the seed of evolution, revolution is more of the same cycle and martyrs have taken their movements with them to the grave leaving remnants that spawn an altered message.

Or we just need to institute instant runoff voting. While we're at it, make election days national holidays and make voting mandatory. Next let's eliminate the electoral college and put term limits on legislators. Last but not least, we must require states use independent commissions for voter redistricting to prevent gerrymandering. Proportional representation, anyone?

The question isn't what we need, it's how to accomplish it. :(

xavier7995

xavier7995

Well...to accomplish that you gotta grab it by...

Given the situation, trump did alright in the second half. His press conference and first half of the debate were terrible and stupid. I am curious if the unendorsing will continue. To me, backing trump seems more of a liability for the down ticket republicans than sticking with him. Ryan would be the big one to drop, and it would make sense given his electorate. I think backing trump is really hurting him in the general.

Was anyone shocked by the wiki leaks drop? It is pretty common knowledge that hillary backs a globalist economic approach, despite her tack left during the primaries. Having "public and private" views kind of fits into that known quantity bucket as well. Of course she tailors her message to the audience.

Wonder what her public view on grabbing the pubic is....ayyyyyooooohhhhhh

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Or we just need to institute instant runoff voting. While we're at it, make election days national holidays and make voting mandatory. Next let's eliminate the electoral college and put term limits on legislators. Last but not least, we must require states use independent commissions for voter redistricting to prevent gerrymandering. Proportional representation, anyone?

The question isn't what we need, it's how to accomplish it. :(
Let's focus on that then.

How do you accomplish what you post in this current political climate? It feels warm and fuzzy until we have to talk shop. Do you think it's a viable option to actually obtain or meet those goals?

Do you think politicians would agree to term limits?

Given the situation, trump did alright in the second half. His press conference and first half of the debate were terrible and stupid. I am curious if the unendorsing will continue. To me, backing trump seems more of a liability for the down ticket republicans than sticking with him. Ryan would be the big one to drop, and it would make sense given his electorate. I think backing trump is really hurting him in the general.

Was anyone shocked by the wiki leaks drop? It is pretty common knowledge that hillary backs a globalist economic approach, despite her tack left during the primaries. Having "public and private" views kind of fits into that known quantity bucket as well. Of course she tailors her message to the audience.

I think this is an ideal opportunity to bring in more than two candidates.

I hope trump continues and refuses to back out of the race. I hope this results in a mass exodus away from trump, and I think independents leaning left would also consider increasing the ticket. Obviously those in power don't want this to happen, which is allowing more seats at the adults table. Seeing Ryan run on his own against donald or seeing other major stories about defecting candidates support more than two candidates. I don't think anyone is surprised to hear this from trump's mouth, I think the undecideds weren't swayed much either way. We are still required to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Seeing all of the political infighting I see more independent candidates getting more popular. I despise the fact that liberals are never liberal enough but too liberal for conservatives, and I despise the fact that conservatives aren't conservative enough, and I have no interest in voting extreme right or extreme left. I think this is the disconnect with independent voters and it is astounding to me that either side is doing nothing. No matter what anyone does it will make some other number of people unhappy. That's how it goes. This won't end in sunshines and rainbows and beers shared over stories. It will be a shit show of epic proportions.

The first rule of Trump Support Club is that you do not talk about Trump Support Club.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Paul Ryan announced today that he will no longer defend or campaign for donald trump, canceling events.

He is stopping short of withdrawing endorsement though.

@xavier7995 better get some popcorn.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Oh...they were talking. Got real quiet when the female coworkers showed up though.

You do raise a good point that it would be a pretty ideal time for a legitimate third party to emerge. No clue where it could find its base support though. There is the independent voter block comprising a third of the electorate, but that third is so segmented I don't think they would ever be able to form any sort of coalition. Clinton has the center to center right positions(social liberal fiscal conservative), trump has a really weird mix of far left and far right proposals. The far left seems sort of open other than Jill steins uhhhhhhh campaign.

Idk, was going somewhere with that paragraph but my trail of thought trailed off. I think both parties are to the right of my personal views. The independent voters are too fractured to form any meaningful coalition, often their single issues are opposed to each other. If clinton were far left I think we would be way better positioned for a third party; at the moment though it would be joining the libertarians with the greens...and that just isn't going to happen.

Just saw your comment...oh man this is awesome as a spectacle.

Edit: whoever is running against Ryan just needs to keep hitting him on endorsing grabbing vag. I think that may be the tack the dems take; just keep going on the idea that if they endorse trump they endorse his ideas and behavior. This whole debacle really helps position them to be able to take the Senate.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

I have been researching the Clintons for years. They seem to be coated in Teflon. But know this, Hillary is dirty and very dangerous. At least with, and I am not a Trump supporter either, at least Trump doesn't hide his misdeeds almost too transparent. But you sure can say that about Hillary.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I agree they are totally dirty, doesn't sway me in the slightest regarding this election. Flip side of that though...for 30 years the Clinton family has been getting investigated...and nothing. No real crimes, some shady dealings sure, but for career politicians they are pretty damn clean based on levels of scrutiny most of us could not pass. Alternatively you can make the argument that they have been investigating the wrong issues. The 40 benghazi hearings really really discredited the critics, they should have gone down the peddling influence route, but at this point it's like crying wolf.

I want the smart criminal rather than a narcissistic cheeto. Well...what I really want are better choices but this is the situation we are in.

Ps. Given the conspiracy theories about the Clintons killing like 50 people, the Donald should be very afraid for all the shit he talks. Perhaps he killed 51. Muahaha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom