Mikedin’s garden center, Let’s grow!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Cool. Only just setup the second tent. Should only need fans for the 3x1x3 zones. Trouble is finding low growers.

Red/green bell did good as did jalapeño. Forgot basil. The rest only stayed until about 12” then out they went.

Going to be busy soon. 🌱
We’re gunna pretty much try everything lol, then start weeding out what dosent do well, for sure we’ll want tomatoes and leuttice as well as tons of herbs etc may even get one of those low 8” deep Rubbermaid totes and try to do onions too

Moshmen

Moshmen

😂😂😂… still eating off last summer haha starting to get low now

90% crushed tomatoes and sauce, a bunch of hot pepper mixes (Hungarian hot wax and jalapeño) then 12 quarts of homemade applesauce (we picked the apples at a local farm ourselves, our Trees won’t be ready for another 3-4 years) then 12 quarts of canned peaches (also picked by us at a local farm) can’t wait for all our fruit trees to mature lo

Homemade sauce, meatballs and bread lol
Lot a work ya got there ! Nice - I was just imagining all those jars full of bud ! , both good problems to have .

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

We’re gunna pretty much try everything lol, then start weeding out what dosent do well, for sure we’ll want tomatoes and leuttice as well as tons of herbs etc may even get one of those low 8” deep Rubbermaid totes and try to do onions too
Just saw another thread that reminded me I wanted to try bug eating plants too. So many options, so little memory. 😝

Had spider mites once.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Just saw another thread that reminded me I wanted to try bug eating plants too. So many options, so little memory. 😝

Had spider mites once.
I get gnats (only when I first plant in FF strawberry fields (had the same thing with happy frog) but they don’t bother me much, couple sticky traps and they dissipate after about 2 weeks, might start pre-cooking my soil even premade, last 2 runs was PM so that’s why I did a full shutdown, on the 22nd I get my new carpet installed then I can start setting up correctly, the full 4x4 setup including the light has all been cleaned and is in its original packaging atm in the corner of my room just waiting to go back up lol, never had any other bugs though, but my son LOVES ladybugs, so I may grab a bunch and just toss them in there if they get out no biggie my son Carries them around the house 😂😂

Took a couple pics before I left, that Frostette is still in the lead so another big thanks to @Trustfall for the Frostette seeds! She looks like she’s gunna be reaching for the sky lol, how is the stretch in these girls?

All planted same day, the Chemdog has some shit goin on, twisted as hell, I’ll give it till day 30 if she picks up she stays if not a new bean gets dropped, the way she looks right now she might get pulled anyways, I don’t usually give up on runts though lol
3CBEAA94 271F 4671 9B81 D7D79B23D07A
3A15B76C 48B6 46D3 A1C0 B92545AC9AEB
CC83894C CE0B 432F A23A 29E5DA06D8CD
37536DB4 8162 4985 8CC8 FB74B4CE81FE
65BA6F29 025B 47DF A887 B76E7F40F82D
B8D0DFF8 570A 4541 8522 64CFBABD668B
3E3BBB3D 85C6 420F 820D 0CB708EAC6A3
BACC4420 F1C7 491E A498 5F82D71303FD

The strawberry cough is doing great as well, much shorter compact plant but looks happy, closing in on 2 weeks soon, gunna decide on a transplant date soon for the first up pot to a 1 gallon pot

Moshmen

Moshmen

Those are in the cabinet haha I prefer to use the gallon sized jars for my buds lol
I cure in a jar still (trying the grove bag for the first time ) then store in these bags I don’t vacuum seal I think these act alot like jars idk don’t have space for all those jars ! Lol we’ve downsized when the kids flew the coop

060BA28D 411B 4EDA 82BA 1F7BC8D35353
B4E9B608 BFBD 4241 8DD3 E24322AA6E57
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I cure in a jar still (trying the grove bag for the first time ) then store in these bags I don’t vacuum seal I think these act alot like jars idk don’t have space for all those jars ! Lol we’ve downsized when the kids flew the coop
I have some grove bags I think they did pretty well, gotta pick up some bigger ones to try though, I really like the jars though lol I don’t mind the burping

01F56D77 5968 40CD 8CFA 81FB5A8E1BC3
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Nice fence for wood! You put it up?
I would have, I’ve done a million fences over the years (ok maybe only like 1,000) but I had a company come in and do it, I work too much now and needed it done asap, it got installed during November 2021 I talked to the owner and when he found out why I was putting it up so late in the season (the creek in the back is a 40-50’ vertical drop to the water) and my son has Asperger’s, he gets curious, so all fence gates are master locked shut, but when he found that out he had 15 guys there 4 days later and had all the fence posts set in the first 5 hours (quite the task) came back the next day same guys and knocked it out in another 8 hours, and thats surrounding approx 3/4 of an acre. Then he gave me $1,000 off the quoted price. It was still $15k to get it put up though. But well worth it for peace of mind.

If it wasent for that fence I’d have a full sealed grow room, but priorities… and I’m fine with it 😁

Moshmen

Moshmen

I would have, I’ve done a million fences over the years (ok maybe only like 1,000) but I had a company come in and do it, I work too much now and needed it done asap, it got installed during November 2021 I talked to the owner and when he found out why I was putting it up so late in the season (the creek in the back is a 40-50’ vertical drop to the water) and my son has Asperger’s, he gets curious, so all fence gates are master locked shut, but when he found that out he had 15 guys there 4 days later and had all the fence posts set in the first 5 hours (quite the task) came back the next day same guys and knocked it out in another 8 hours, and thats surrounding approx 3/4 of an acre. Then he gave me $1,000 off the quoted price. It was still $15k to get it put up though. But well worth it for peace of mind.

If it wasent for that fence I’d have a full sealed grow room, but priorities… and I’m fine with it 😁
How much linear footage ? And gates ? I only curious what they are charging up there ? I run a fence company down here both sales and installation- we do the hard shit - stuff others don’t or can’t do . Good wood builders are hard to find this is our newest galv. Powered coated fence it’s all riveted together! Tons of labor but a fuckin wall !

9D9ABF2A 0E42 4D8B 9222 BAE02B9C8FBD
37AF8F54 D0D3 4C33 8C86 854109BC094D
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I definitely feel like the 15k was well worth the peace of mind man. Gotta keep our kids safe for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom