Mikedin’s garden center, Let’s grow!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yo i had ecoli when i was somewhere in the ages of 10 and 12.... worst experience ever, never felt something so bad, it was like pissing straight lava. 😭😭
Wow that sucks! Yea we don’t buy lettuce just grow our own, like 99% of the veggies we eat, I’ll be including the outdoor garden in here as well, seeds will be planted probably in a few days

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Yo i had ecoli when i was somewhere in the ages of 10 and 12.... worst experience ever, never felt something so bad, it was like pissing straight lava. 😭😭
Only had puke and diarrhea from food poisoning. Worse was from a restaurant at school. It was the gravy he put on the fries.

Didn’t make it halfway back to school before the puking started. Best part... I was crossing a bridge at the time with heave city lunch traffic. At least 2 or 3 cars got covered with an unexpected partly chewed fries & gravy rain storm.

Never went back to that restaurant again.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Them’s fightin words! 🤣 now we gotta have a grow comp for the best lettuce plant 🥬😆
First pic from About October 2022 and second is January 2023 about a month before I let it die off.

361E3C0F B14F 429D A3E1 F34AF955C232
D923971D B12A 4B7B 89C3 644C904F4832

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Forgot to mention! All ingredients for my peat run have been delivered! Got the Gaia, myco, epsom, azomite, gypsum, and of course Peat, @Shaded_One I gotta drop by your thread tonight and check mix rates did you say you add extra perlite? Any vermiculite? I’ll be mixing up soil tomorrow night and dropping in a Frostette!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Forgot to mention! All ingredients for my peat run have been delivered! Got the Gaia, myco, epsom, azomite, gypsum, and of course Peat, @Shaded_One I gotta drop by your thread tonight and check mix rates did you say you add extra perlite? Any vermiculite? I’ll be mixing up soil tomorrow night and dropping in a Frostette!
Curious how this goes although, judging from Shadeds grows, I don't see too many issues.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

That’s some awesome looking lettuce, do you neut them at all? I run mine in strawberry fields with straight water
I had it in the same mix I did for the cannabis. Bit of castings and 4-4-4.

Only time I gave it extra it didn’t like it. It pretty much just likes water.

We would strip leaves off it like crazy and it would keep coming back. It got deformed and a huge growing top/head but tasted great.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I had it in the same mix I did for the cannabis. Bit of castings and 4-4-4.

Only time I gave it extra it didn’t like it. It pretty much just likes water.

We would strip leaves off it like crazy and it would keep coming back. It got deformed and a huge growing top/head but tasted great.
Yep haha I had 12 lettuce plants in the garden last year we picked leafs all summer, they never died off they just got pulled and tossed to the compost pile lol they went to seed but kept producing leafs all summer

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Yep haha I had 12 lettuce plants in the garden last year we picked leafs all summer, they never died off they just got pulled and tossed to the compost pile lol they went to seed but kept producing leafs all summer
I never got seed 😢 I was hoping. Wanted a few for the garden. Not paying $7 for a freaking lettuce! 🤣

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I never got seed 😢 I was hoping. Wanted a few for the garden. Not paying $7 for a freaking lettuce! 🤣
Yeah I have seeds for 4-5 more leaf varieties for this year, I direct sow the outdoor stuff though same with radishes etc store prices for everything is insane nowadays, why buy what you can just go and pick in your backyard lol we do a lot of spinach as well

And I hook up EVERYONE lol neighbors, family, bags to work and that’s after we can stuff

We harvest like this every 2 days for the most part, but during the peak of the season we can harvest more than that every day, was thinking of putting up a stand at the street and starting to sell them, we have a lot more yard to expand into if we want but most of the yard has year and a half old fruit trees and we plan to plant a new set of all of them in 5 years, the next row over to start a cycle

I guess I just like growing stuff lol

And Frostettes topping is taking hold 😁
8791FA51 F234 4E2D 9141 F12BE5E1D3E2
D3F906CD BEDA 4D30 8B48 DA631D073AEA
1EC87B87 1A5B 4AC7 9959 B4DA39F46086
5D3484E2 7BDC 41D3 AD8D 116CF6E41361

Latest posts

Top Bottom