Mikedin’s grow diary let’s go!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

I’m filtering becaus I have neighbors and even though I don’t think they care I’d rather not let any odors sneak out, I need to pick up some cal-mag I just saw it at my local garden center the other day (also fox farms brand) I did also pick up a dual stone pond airstone, tested my tap water and it has 115PPM. So I’ll run 2x 5 gallon buckets at a time (gunna also use it in the humidifiers I go through about a gallon in each one per day on low to stay around 56-65% RH also picked up a a pre-filter to add to remove chlorine and chloramine (not sure which my town uses) so just to be safe I’ll use both lol

I am worried that the increased airflow will drop my RH like a stone so we’ll see I can maintain the 50% on average but I’m running around 79-81f on average so I’m close in the VPD chart but a little low in RH for my temp, nowhere near danger but not ideal for veg it seems

If I get a year out of the filters I’d be happy, to replace the 4” and the 6” at the same time would be about $100 so I’m not overly worried about it as long as there’s no detectable odor at all
Can use epsom salt/tap for mg and calcium

I’ve not needed to buy a calmag product atleast

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
118 PPM is awesome straight tap water bro. Mines like 350 IDK I never check it....its not something I concern myself with.

Ive watered to runoff 1 time in 8 weeks. Also something Im not concerned with.

Youre waters fine dont sweat the small stuff.
Yeah I figured I’d check it before I switched to the filtered / arrayed tap. When I saw it was that low with 7.0PH that’s awesome, after adding neuts it dropped to 6.1PH added 8 drops of PH up per gallon and ended up near 6.4PH and in the pot it went haha. I barely water to runoff basically I water each pot with the gallon all together, wait 10-15 minutes then do another gallon across all 5 and then do it one more time normally I end up with mabye 1/2 cup coming out of the bottom of the fabric pots when I water with plain water I soak them down good maybe 3-4 cups of runoff per pot
I need an orange bucket set up like you got

Just a 5gal bucket and some air stones/ and a water pump?

Yep just a aerator that I run for 24 hours prior to using the water I’m doing it mainly to aerate the water to add some oxygen into it. I run the pre filter that takes care of VOC/pesticides/chlorine/chloramine, it’s not really needed as it’s already de-chlorinated from the filter, but I do it anyways

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Can defenitly say that the autos stay pretty damn small haha half are in preflower/flower 2 candy kush are just starting to throw pistils at the heads the pst day or so, other candy kush and both Hindu Kush are definitely into it, I guess we’ll see what my lights do for flower together there at about 400 true watts the plants seem happy, I still have them about 20” from the plants decided to lower them down an inch today and we’ll see how they react by tomorrow, if they seem to like it I’ll drop another inch and repeatgunna try to get them the maximum light they can take

Gorilla glue got its first half dose of cal mag / microbe brew / grow big and big bloom, I’m also using the filtered water in the humidifiers

Adding a Master OG auto flower that will go out in the veggie garden and we’ll see how it does, it will be getting watered daily as the sprinklers are on a timer but it’ll be going right into the ground between some maters’ and will be in 100% organic dark leaf compost, I’ll add some microbe brew and cal mag weekly but besides that I wanna see how it does in straight compost, kinda just a test for fun, seed sank after about an hour and a half in its cup of water as soon as I see a tail she’s going straight into the garden so we’ll see if it survives with minimal care I’ll put a small humidity dome over her the first week but besides that she’ll be in autopilot

6CAA0193 AB71 4486 BA89 B25661FA1AEB
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Garden tour plus the new extension new master OG auto flower should fit nicely between a few of those maters haha

D11D6E8C F499 40E0 9400 BDB3BE29450B
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well we are at 5 weeks and 2 days from sprout, I’d say conservatively I’m in the middle of week 2 of flower in the 3 larger plants, and mid-week 1 on the 2 smaller plants just starting to show large amounts of pistils on tops over the past 3-5 days, little gorilla glue has caught up and passed the 2 smaller plants in size and she’s about 11 days younger from sprout (approximately) but the 3 larger plants are really starting to stack went in and did a bit more training to get them more centered under the lights, and removed about 15 leaves from the lower end of all 6 plants just to increase airflow under the canopy, not lollipop but just minor thinning, with how I did the LST basically everything grew upwards and formed a healthy top. Took off a couple lower bud sites that stood no chance of ever getting direct light found a few good 4-6” long nodes that I was able to get up to the top of the canopy to get direct light 2 days ago was a water only feeding and PPM’s in the runoff were sky heigh (even for soil I was at about 3k) so I’ll skip the next feeding on them and go another water flush with PH’d water since it doesn’t seem they need more neuts. I shoulda took some pics when I pulled a few of them out of the tent to LST them a bit… but I’m a dumbass and lazy, what can I say. , I found NO discoloration or odd leaf color nice even lush green across all leaves so that makes me happy and damn are they ever pushing for that light I’ve lowered the lights about 3” over the past 2 days and am at about 17” from the canopy and the plants still apprear to be happy so I’ll give it a few days at this height and keep watching them closely

Little video of the biggest plant, she’s been the biggest ever since sprout (one of the Hindu Kush autos) other 2 are not far behind at all just a tad smaller in overall size

Pulled out the humidifiers from between the plants as well as humidity is running around 54% according to the spiderfarmer exhaust and at 60% according to a 2nd humidity meter in the tent right next to that probe

Was able to bring the plants 6” closer to the center of the lights

B652B9FF 8EF0 4C84 9015 C3D8B990DEC3
687BFA0A DE92 43E9 8074 49E1AFF43179
86EEEE36 4D0B 453B 8441 C7A8898CEB3F
8C8393EF 7CCF 4047 9C82 FE2EE9763C45
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Figured I’d add in my first attempt at a homemade scrog net… only it’s over my tomatoes 😎 work in progress

And insanely after a 14 hour soak and 4 days in a paper towel my Master OG auto seeds has finally showed signs of cracking open, it will be the lone outdoor plant and will sit nestled between my mater plants in the scrog section, other section of tomatoes has only about 16 plants and that one I’ll try a different technique on instead of the scrog haven’t decided yet

Has anybody else grown large tomato gardens and tried any other techniques besides cages?

I gotta go check out my brother in laws outdoor cannabis he has going, I’ll see if he knows strains that he has I know he got his seeds from a buddy who’s an indoor grower and if he does know strains mabye I’ll save some seeds on the next run and give a go with some clones off some of his plants

F27C1348 1AC0 4CED 8053 3D63DA3AC9E2
1596B138 0B25 4DCA 8336 111DE5A35EB0
Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Girls got a 2nd plain water feeding in a row ppm’s down from 3k to 2500 roughly in the runoff, and they defenitly look like they are happy so I saw no need to feed them today other than water they were LIGHT for sure haha but anyways got some nice shots and shut off one of my lights quick so I could get a flashlight on one of the bigger buds for a better pic for y’all

3144511D C53E 4E12 97A6 388304392EC8
E9C93A4E DDC1 45A2 BEFE C7593115A0F9
7DDF15F0 DA82 4796 AACC A97EA30E86E4
D08FB3AB ABAD 4D47 BAD4 0B55C8B8369D
0FCE7A0F EC2B 4097 A1C1 DC1C61572D71
B508FB87 51BC 4CDF A7F9 066D9ECC0E7B
40E42AC4 B341 41C9 A1E4 65AF6DCBB099
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Snapped a few outside pics for documentation sake

I feel they are very healthy, no neuts the last 2 feedings as mentioned above due to high runoff PPM numbers but next feeding will probably be cal-mag / 1/4 grow big 1/4 big bloom / 1/2 tiger bloom and full strength microbe brew in 4-5 days or whenever bags are light

2 days short of 6 weeks / 3 weeks flower (approx) I don’t personally see any defs or tox’s if anyone sees anything please let me know!

4CBCA190 356C 4E4F A652 9CD82A7303EE
7A4F4CD3 DC70 4B90 B7B6 F992B6CA8CB0
4E533DE7 8542 464E A9DE 0E37819785D0
2B1ACF87 F9C9 4941 900D 6E1885A50427
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Any opinions about adding these into my grow tent just to get max light coverage to the edges of the tent? I know there not much but they are what I used when I was starting the seedlings so I just have them laying around until I start my next round. Would it be helpful or no?

40769B4A F767 4702 9AB2 DE4DE32314B0
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
All right I’m a bit impatient so I added 2 of them in 😂 slightly lower than the king’s but not blocking their light, one on either end of them if nothing else I was able to turn off the kings and get some nice color photos of the girls for ya all. I’ll leave them on for now and see how the plants respond to them

Either way it helps that I’ll be able to shut off the blurples and be able to see real leaf color etc to check for any issues and I figure 2 of the 4 lights adds almost 100w to the total real watts so bumps me up closer to 600w instead of 500w

FC30D9F6 16B7 402D B1F1 4A5F1F8257D3
steamroller

steamroller

Plants look good to me !
I see others here that use side lights or even lights on the bottom pointing up ?
The plants will tell you if they don't like it the way I see it ?
Looking good ! 👍

cshell

cshell

You’d think I know what they use for bacteria control but I don’t I just moved to this town about 6 months ago, but the town water tower is right across the street from me haha… yeah my water pressure is pretty good rofl
Most areas publish a water analysis every year. Google the name of your town/city + "water report" and you should find it easily.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
So it seems my normal RH in my tent no matter what I seem to do stays between 51-54% is it critical I get it lower since I’m in flower or is that an acceptable RH? I’d hate to add another appliance into the grow tent if it can work at the range I’m at

Also just for reference my temps are in the 77-80f rang for the day and 72-75 at night, not a huge swing in humidity for either day or night few % at most, I run a radiator space heater at night since the tent is in the basement otherwise I’d probably drop to the 65-68f range at night I try to stay in the 10f range between day and night if I can

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Plants look good to me !
I see others here that use side lights or even lights on the bottom pointing up ?
The plants will tell you if they don't like it the way I see it ?
Looking good ! 👍
Yeah I have 2 more of them I was considering putting them on the sides and having them shine inwards twords the undergrowth just kinda playing with it atm to see what they like, next run I’ll do 4 plants max I think it’s pretty crowded in there with the 6x I know the lights say 3x3 flower coverage and I have 2 of them side by side about a foot apart but I keep getting nervous it’s not enough haha but I can say that the plants are seeming to do fine in it so far, I guess only final yield will tell, any opinion on the RH situation in my last post?

Latest posts

Top Bottom