• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Shit idk how I’ve not ran into it yet

Did see some mold in a jar I use but there a was nug in there that didn’t dry out, was an empty jar
Yeah never had a issue before but all the sudden it’s there, even got the RH down to 30% for 3 weeks straight and still it’s there lol

Observationist

Observationist

Yeah never had a issue before but all the sudden it’s there, even got the RH down to 30% for 3 weeks straight and still it’s there lol
I do try to spray with sulfur sometimes idk if that helps against WPM though can’t remember

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I do try to spray with sulfur sometimes idk if that helps against WPM though can’t remember
I’ve done peroxide spray, as well as baking soda now, I did use neem on them a few times, just during veg, I’ll hit them a few more times, since I have some time I guess this is something to do lol

Cookies Kush gunna have a lot of tops lol

FB4821AA DD14 42B5 9868 79F4E58B6E19
JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Looking good! Is that the one you might scrog? Hey, one thing I’ve been thinking about your WPM is when you are spraying. I am going to catch a lot of criticism I am sure, but I never spray anything right before lights out. I will dim my lights to low u til i see the plant is dry. And light’em back up. I just dont think dark, cooler(since no light), and wet go together. That being said, I have seen light burn spots from my neem spray a couple of times on fan leaves. But nothing ever bad came from it, that i know of.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Looking good! Is that the one you might scrog? Hey, one thing I’ve been thinking about your WPM is when you are spraying. I am going to catch a lot of criticism I am sure, but I never spray anything right before lights out. I will dim my lights to low u til i see the plant is dry. And light’em back up. I just dont think dark, cooler(since no light), and wet go together. That being said, I have seen light burn spots from my neem spray a couple of times on fan leaves. But nothing ever bad came from it, that i know of.
Might be a bit better now that the lights are 3.5’ above the plants I could turn them down and let them dry, I take them out of the tent to spray them down on towels, usually they are out for about 30-35 minutes and are mostly dry before they even go back in the tent, I thought the same thing about spraying them before lights out, but besides that I make sure they are almost dry, and now with the additional fan at soil level they dry in minutes if I spray them and put them right back lol

No that one for scrog the bigger candy kush, that cookies Kush may end up as scrog as well seeing how nicely she’s flattening out she did get some supercropping on about 9 of the tops that where stretching above the side branching

0A325AFE 6EDE 4B2D AAC5 ECDDCF43F450
A381BA16 D8E0 42C5 99C4 258E7A19FEB4
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Nice on the super crop! 👍
So now that the autoflower run is completed here we progress into the photoperiod run, the autos were nice but had a lot of PM issues at the end, hoping to keep that away this run although these plants have already shown signs, since the baking soda spray down after the defoliation and LST to spread out the branches all looks good so far so I may repeat that process again.

*Side note should I start a new topic or continue on with my current one*

Lowered down that big candy kush, now all the plant tops are even, couple shots of her main trunk she’s twisted as hell I had her set to be a LST autoflower that should have completed about 2-4 weeks ago so she’s about 3 and a half months into veg but we’ll see how she fills out. Besides that I rearranged, and there’s also 5 Barney’s farm cookies Kush clones off that mother plant 😏. Then just a few canopy level shots etc for fun.

CAB1873A 04E1 4681 B3FF 7B53564731C7
E320CF9D 3D1F 4767 B76E 49B2608253AA
DED1C5AD CF71 4571 83AA 7C888DF81F36
11235A5F AD82 4317 91C0 F67AE589D102
AFB04A7B 7A94 4B99 9BA9 8AA93B65C706
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well everyone is watered adjusted some LST and a few more supercrops on the monstercropped clones lol, hit the clones once with spray. Snow starts tonight we’ll see how it turns out lol if I get stuck out of town for the night again like Last year I know I have 48-72 hours before I’m in the danger zone for no water. Wife will be home if it’s an emergency but she’s clueless to the plants as far as care lol.

All that… if the power dosent go out lol. We’re good for heat and just put the generator out back for the wife if needed for the fridges or a tv for the kids to go to bed lol, but I won’t run power to the tent I have 3 fridges and freezers full, the deep freezer stuff can go out in the snow lol

7BE09990 13BF 4770 9FCE 5C4702155079
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Heck yeah brother! Looking absolutely amazing in there!!
Thanks man! Trying my best to keep a clean grow space, gotta get my fan and other light into my other tent so I can move these clones over and get ready to flip to 12/12 in there lol

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well no power outages here, so that worked out well. Plants are happy and growing the candy kush and cookies Kush got a top dressing and a good watering this morning, gunna probably make up a tea tomorrow on my day off. Give them a little pick me up, I’m figuring I’m gunna pull 2 of the plants out of that tent, the smallest 2 and put them in the other tent with the blurple lights to make some breathing room in the main tent. The clones I’ll have to figure out, I have 4x low powered LED grow bars I’ll try to figure out a a little setup for them before I flip to 12/12

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Finally slept off that midnight shift sleep schedule 😂 got some time to redo the small tent and get everything set up and going but it’s done! Only the candy kush (the auto but not autoflower) will be in there so far unless I change my mind, giving it a week before I decide, might move the cookies Kush in too we’ll see. But what everyone loves to see… pictures!

This tent has 2x KingLED 1500w lights (only 250ish true power draw each but produced good results on my first grow and that was 6 plants she’s got both of these to herself)

Spiderfarmer 4” exhaust

Home built tent obviously and have to do some dark proofing before I flip this tent as well, it’s all a wooden frame and garbage bags and space blankets 😂😂 but she works great!

Atm 1x 6” fan, gotta pick up a few more over the next few days one of my freebie 16” fans got confiscated by my wife to blow more heat down the hall from the wood stove lol.

Besides that it also freed up some space in the big tent so they all got to spread out more

1DDEF7A2 47B6 4BCF 9E58 67A7CEF8D82E
A8615B69 1319 4396 AF86 0AEF46A1D0BF
A591E36E DEB1 400B 982B CE2EA3EC0EDD
31DF6FEE 2EBB 4D0F 8975 966D4B345D84
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Any suggestions if I should put the larger cookies Kush in with the candy kush and start flower? The other 4 clones need more time but that cookies Kush I think might overfill the tent

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well sorry for no updates this week folks, on a 96 hour work streak in the past 7 days, but while I’ve been here I may have ordered something 😂

Not sure how it snuck into the Amazon cart my wife asked me to purchase for Christmas… I mean the total was over 1,000 I didn’t even notice it in there 😂😂 so coming soon.. UV & IR and they just so happen to mount directly to the FC-E8000

5C2E2796 EA01 44BB 801F 099F4E58C88A
2989D6D7 558A 4EAA 921B EE05DD7E8C46
D6527FD7 26F1 4B5F 9102 08CDF0EB9339
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
One of the benefits I’m interested in is that UV light can control PM which I’ve had an issue with the last run and I’ve noticed spots on these plants as well, I’ve been treating with peroxide but I wanted to add another control method. Did some reading and apparently UV light will kill PM, the issue is that Powdery mildew is very resilient… when the lights are on. When the lights are off apparently PM’s DNA is vulnerable to be altered by the UV light, if you introduce the blue wavelength of light the PM’s defense mechanism turns on to protect itself. My plan is to have the UV lights turn on 15 minutes prior to the FC-E8000 and stay on for 15 minutes after lights out as 4 hours of darkness following the UV treatment is preferred and we’ll see how it goes, once I flip to 12/12 I will deduct the 15 minutes of UV light to the lights on time

The UV and IR will stay on for all lights on hours as well

FE8606FA 0F58 4D86 B133 67F2EF3576D3
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Light bars in the Amazon orders has been discovered… wife appears to have dollar signs falling out of her ears… will update if I survive… 😂😂 j/k but she did see them and give me the ol look 😂😂

Can’t wait till they are in, gunna be fun giving it a try to use as a PM control method as well as it’s additional IR/UV benefits to the plants

Top Bottom