Mikedin’s grow journal 2, let’s go!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
We’ll just looking at those numbers at the end of the video I just got back up and shut off one of the humidifiers, realized that put me right in the edge of being under transpiration hoping to get the RH down to 60 with only one humidifier in low and that’ll put me right at the target for their age

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Huge fan of
Made some progress this morning, never said it would be pretty just that it’ll work lol

Mother tent has been rebuilt lol just gotta hang up a kingLED1500w 😁
Including a before picture as well, gald I don’t let my wife throw out anything haha found a use for the heat registers we replaced through the house haha

Little tweaking left to do then she’ll be ready

I’m tempted to tie the exhaust into the house’s cold air return haha

huge fan of build it yourself stuff! Awesome tent!

N

nsw3913t

2nd set of pics
I noticed your lights have a few different colors in dif pics. Mine look only white all the time. Is it the brand that you use that u can change the spectrum on? And also do you notice a difference using different spectrums during different stages? My lights are just full spectrum. This is my first run ever so thanks for helping! Nice clean setup btw looks great!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Holy man’s do some of these plants like to sleep hard lol. Past 3 mornings I have a Hindu Kush (the smaller one) and the master OG look like they are dead for the first 20 minutes the lights come on, I wake up right at 4 And lights turn on right at 4 as well so I see them the second the lights come on lol, first stop is the tent before I even walk to the bathroom lol

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I noticed your lights have a few different colors in dif pics. Mine look only white all the time. Is it the brand that you use that u can change the spectrum on? And also do you notice a difference using different spectrums during different stages? My lights are just full spectrum. This is my first run ever so thanks for helping! Nice clean setup btw looks great!
No it’s probably just the angle, I have 2 different tents in this journal, the main AC infinity tent with full spectrum Mars hydro FC-E8000 that I altered

The homemade DIY tent has a blurple light those are KingLED 1500w lights and those look pink / purplish when both switches are on (veg and bloom) and mostly blue with veg only or red with bloom only

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Huge fan of

huge fan of build it yourself stuff! Awesome tent!
Thank you lol I used it as my first grow tent to start then bought the actual tent, I just kept the other tent and then altered it to fit full height plants, I use what i have available before I buy more lol

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Thank you lol I used it as my first grow tent to start then bought the actual tent, I just kept the other tent and then altered it to fit full height plants, I use what i have available before I buy more lol

my first creation I still use as the seedling and clone propagation area. It’s nice to be reminded of humble beginning.
🌲🧬🔬

0143EA83 3448 4555 913D B14BAD590128
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Love having rows
not sure why it just feels so much cleaner lol, possibly because i can wipe the floor under the stands. just added my grates under the pots in the treys, lifts them up about an inch, cant even tell they are on them because of how deep the dish's are but its all it needs to get that airflow under them

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
my first creation I still use as the seedling and clone propagation area. It’s nice to be reminded of humble beginning.
🌲🧬🔬
damn i wish i had that for my clones, i think some are starting to root but leaves are slowly dying on top but i think im just barely starting to see new growth. i dont think ill even get 50% but i guess well wait and see!

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

What’s your cloning method?
it’s an expense, but I started using the root cubes for the first time last year. My survival rate jumped from 30% to 70%.
far superior method then water or dirt cloning

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
What’s your cloning method?
it’s an expense, but I started using the root cubes for the first time last year. My survival rate jumped from 30% to 70%.
far superior method then water or dirt cloning
I’m just using light warrior seed starter soil, the clones where a surprise from my brother in law so I didn’t have tons of time to order anything so I bought some soil from a local place, for now those clones that survive will be mother plants, I can get more if they don’t make it though

Couldn’t even find a dome tray so I just have them down at the bottom of my homemade tent with 70%RH and getting about 120 full spectrum PPFD and about 220 blue/red spectrum LED

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Morning update

Here’s what the girls look like this morning
Only thing I noticed and it’s across all plants I’m guessing it’s environmental is some stippling of some light green on the middle of the leaves and being across all 4 strains from the biggest to the smallest possibly from how high I was running humidity (70%) now reduced to 60% we’ll see if anything changes

Besides that they look happy 😁

94ADADCC 83F5 4CC0 93BF F7D0B58746E9
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
So I know that there should be some bubbles/foam when making teas but when I woke up this morning the bucket was still overflowing with bubbles (with only half of a 5 gallon bucket full) and I noticed a hint of lavender… I’m guessing it was leftover soap/ detergent in the fabric I used. Just tossed that out in the yard just went out and bought some cheesecloth and started the tea over, luckily plants look like they need another day before watering so all works out and lesson learned lol

Picked up a sprayer too gunna hollow out the nozzle so it is a drizzler instead of sprayer to make it easier to apply teas etc especially with the LST it keeps those plants low to the soil and I don’t like getting them wet unnecessarily

Bumped up the lights from 35 to 45% yesterday getting about 450ppfd atm at 24”

62984863 93E3 4217 AE50 01C793DE026E
B4CF9B54 5E5B 4356 833D CD66F5682B0A
N

nsw3913t

No it’s probably just the angle, I have 2 different tents in this journal, the main AC infinity tent with full spectrum Mars hydro FC-E8000 that I altered

The homemade DIY tent has a blurple light those are KingLED 1500w lights and those look pink / purplish when both switches are on (veg and bloom) and mostly blue with veg only or red with bloom only
Ok cool. Im about to invest in another 5x5 tent and need an upgrade on my lights to a bar style at least 800w. So im teying to figure out what to do. Im gunna use the new led for flower and my others for veg. So looking for a good flower light next, well an led i can use for both but is really good for flower lol. Thanks again and here is a new pic, this is 2 weeks 3 days. Not changing anything lol, except another defoliate in a few weeks.

20220915 103548
20220915 103542
RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

What do you do if you get a sprout that's subpar? Yank it and replant? Over the past few months I've gotten more than my share of runts or genetically screwed up seeds. Now I'm planting more seeds than I need and selecting the best ones for my grow. I have a spare 500 watt 3x5 coverage incase I have more than can fit under my regular lights. I'm scared I'm gonna need it for the first time this month. Plus a 3x3 tent with 4x4 coverage California LW 500 I could SOG them I guess

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
What do you do if you get a sprout that's subpar? Yank it and replant? Over the past few months I've gotten more than my share of runts or genetically screwed up seeds. Now I'm planting more seeds than I need and selecting the best ones for my grow. I have a spare 500 watt 3x5 coverage incase I have more than can fit under my regular lights. I'm scared I'm gonna need it for the first time this month. Plus a 3x3 tent with 4x4 coverage California LW 500 I could SOG them I guess
I let the runts grow, my most quality bud came off of the runt last grow it yielded about 3/4 of what the other plants did so I was fine with it, my current runt is starting to catch up to the others

Just added another 12” oscillating fan at soil level to keep everything happy lol, a 16” oscalating fan hanging from the ceiling and then a 6” clip fan

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Ok cool. Im about to invest in another 5x5 tent and need an upgrade on my lights to a bar style at least 800w. So im teying to figure out what to do. Im gunna use the new led for flower and my others for veg. So looking for a good flower light next, well an led i can use for both but is really good for flower lol. Thanks again and here is a new pic, this is 2 weeks 3 days. Not changing anything lol, except another defoliate in a few weeks.
I like my new light, the mars hydro FC-E8000 (830 true watts from the wall) but haven’t completed a run yet with them. So far everything is great hopefully it keeps up!

I’ve heard the same about the spiderfarmer SE7000 that @Aqua Man is running he’d be able to suggest better than me as far as Lights go

Top Bottom