Mikedin’s grow journal 2, let’s go!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Figured I’d throw another update, I’d love to update every day, may just we’ll start doing it

They are all just over a month old 2 are staring preflower but they all seem to love this FC-E8000 so far, they are still getting around 650-700ppfd at about 22” and 70-75% power I think I’m gunna leave it right there for awhile they seem to like it right where it’s at, tons of new tops popping up everywhere

Gotta give them a top feed today or tomorrow, just watered them 2 days ago they probably still have another day or 2 before they’ll be ready for watering

5D623C27 9519 48CB 97F7 70AC7AD28FB4
5E91C6BB B815 4F90 BEBE 1B773FBC4393
551ED5AA EF6D 4F08 93E9 C8E43E2A5896
78638DE0 FE89 4AA9 9D30 20B24C21B4AA
DB3DFF99 D8DD 4A18 960C 64253D3B89C5
2F8F9640 81BB 4F8D 8498 CFE0D89151AC
JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Looking great Mike! Ive been watching your grow for a while. I have four plants going now, all organic. I am only using roots terp teas, recharge(new to me), and epsom salts. How are you liking that cover crop? I am waiting on my mix of seed now.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Looking great Mike! Ive been watching your grow for a while. I have four plants going now, all organic. I am only using roots terp teas, recharge(new to me), and epsom salts. How are you liking that cover crop? I am waiting on my mix of seed now.
So far loving the cover crop, I’ll be tilling it into the soil when I top dress tomorrow.

I’m using everything organic as well, trying a new soil recipe for the next grow.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Figured since I’m gunna water when I top dress, why not make up some tea to water it in with, it’s been about 2 weeks since their last tea

4 tbs happy frog fruit and flower
2 tbs happy frog jump start
3 tbs coast of Maine kelp /lobster/oyster blend
6 tbs earthworm castings (coast of Maine)
1/2 tbs great white shark myco

I’ll let that aerate till tomorrow and then do some top dressing, pots are starting to feel light, but still have a bit of moisture in there so they’ll make it to tomorrow

Also the Barney’s farm cookies kush is doing well, roots coming out the slots I cut in the bottom of the solo cup, still only about 2.5” tall but starting to get moving!

When she’s ready she (probably at least 3-4 days before leaves reach the edges of the cup) will up pot to a 1 gallon pot with my strawberry fields blend

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Nice I’ll be starting a tea tomorrow. I’ll take a couple pics of the girls and post too
hell yeah share the grow! i cant tell you how many times i looked back at my first journal for either dates for starting neuts, training etc, kinda switching it up on the cookies kush shell be in strawberry fields instead of the coast of maine these autos are in. the clones are in that new soil already, they had some roots in the solos that i could see, being from a flowering mother, i know theyll take a long time to reveg, if they dont die. well see lol, either way the cookies kush will be a mother plant and then probably use one of the clones as a new mother and then flower out the original. if i realy like the the strain ill keep a mother and find another new strain to add to the collection lol.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Figured it’d take awhile to work the cover crop in. I was right haha, but that’s ok I did 3 of them so far took about 30 minutes, I have the plants tied down pretty low so I had to work my hands in carefully so I didn’t break any branches. Some of These girls are putting out a ton of tops, just making sure I get everything pulled in the right direction. It’s a shitty day out so perfect day for this. Opened up the tent while I was workin in it and got a few full tent pics, it’s a work in progress still haha, gotta give the floor a good wipe down when I’m done today I’ll tell ya the 2nd smaller plant is putting out some HUGE leaves for such a small plant.

Had the inspector stop by too 😂

Both bottom side flaps are open and the exhaust fan is in the middle of the tent so it pulls in from both sides past all the plants. Temps have been steady 74 at night with 65%RH and 79-81 lights on at 50%RH.

50861C4F D597 4A51 A47B 9EA52ABC14A3
DA94B339 CBDB 4CA1 B9B8 DC5D35B1C194
D4D4242C E57D 4A79 A6A1 926C84C0DD06
FAF89599 C3B2 4C63 8F82 DD82104D2543
E3871851 8222 4194 A1BE 1660996F04F0
0F005D5A 05BF 4531 963A 9C9999DCE39B
E11D7EFE A676 4094 988F 2F94C5C70BEA
Last edited:
JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Does the inspector like fan leaves like mine does? I just got my tea going, and its a lot less precise then yours. Which I am not advocating, I just am lazy!!! - 3 cups homemade compost, -1 cup ewc, 1/2cup molasses unsulphured, 1 cup terp tea grow, and 1/3 cup terp tea bloom. I mix the terp tea powders in small bit of water first with a paddle and mixer. Mix altogether with 15-20 gallons of half ro half filtered water and brew for 24-48 depending on how thirsty they are. This time 24, I shoulda done this yesterday. Heres the girls its going on. These are all new strains to me, but looks good so far. Yours look great! Good work!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Does the inspector like fan leaves like mine does? I just got my tea going, and its a lot less precise then yours. Which I am not advocating, I just am lazy!!! - 3 cups homemade compost, -1 cup ewc, 1/2cup molasses unsulphured, 1 cup terp tea grow, and 1/3 cup terp tea bloom. I mix the terp tea powders in small bit of water first with a paddle and mixer. Mix altogether with 15-20 gallons of half ro half filtered water and brew for 24-48 depending on how thirsty they are. This time 24, I shoulda done this yesterday. Heres the girls its going on. These are all new strains to me, but looks good so far. Yours look great! Good work!
Hell yeah yours are looking great as well! I seem to have a ton of gnats lately, I have some captain jacks neem oil just hate to use anything at all on them lol.

steamroller

steamroller

Hell yeah yours are looking great as well! I seem to have a ton of gnats lately, I have some captain jacks neem oil just hate to use anything at all on them lol.
More yellow stickies and keeping fresh ones would be my first go too.
Mosquito bits would be next course.
The two always knock the little fuckers that come with soil out.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
More yellow stickies and keeping fresh ones would be my first go too.
Mosquito bits would be next course.
The two always knock the little fuckers that come with soil out.
yep new sticky traps out, wiped down the floor after I top dressed them

They got 1tbs of the coast of Maine stonington blend organic plant food the lobster kelp and *worm castings* I think yesterday I said it has ouster, it does not, regardless it is a (5-2-4) then added 1tbs happy frog fruit and flower dry amendment (4-9-4), followed by 2 heaping tablespoons of the coast of Maine earthworm castings (made sure to get at least 2 live worms into each pot lol, and then about 1/2 tsp of myco in each one

Watered it in with about 1/2 gallon of 1/3 diluted neut tea per pot… hopefully nothing but water for the next 2 weeks till the next tea and then another 2 weeks for the last top dressing

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Looking good mike..
Thanks man! This site is doing wonders for me already, no mixing neuts lol, I’ll make a few plants to use the neuts in the next run, don’t wanna waste them all lol

Also picked up the lights another 2” but left the power the same they are all perking up for it, 😁

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
That middle pic I count 16 tops that’s awesome, what methods did you use for training? Are they autos? Photos? What strains are you trying?

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Yea i fimmed, or topped. All four are different. Epoxy Og, peanutbutter skunk mints, goblin god, and purple sour diesel. The purp was a bag seed, the others were testers passed on to me. The purple i had drying in my rack when the man showed up back in august and took everything. These are within my legal five plant rule, so i put them in 40 gal pots and am going to try indoor monsters. These are almost six weeks now. Im real happy with them, and i got some fungas knats too. Im in a 112 yr ild dungeon of a basment! The knats arent lonely🤣🤣🤣

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yea i fimmed, or topped. All four are different. Epoxy Og, peanutbutter skunk mints, goblin god, and purple sour diesel. The purp was a bag seed, the others were testers passed on to me. The purple i had drying in my rack when the man showed up back in august and took everything. These are within my legal five plant rule, so i put them in 40 gal pots and am going to try indoor monsters. These are almost six weeks now. Im real happy with them, and i got some fungas knats too. Im in a 112 yr ild dungeon of a basment! The knats arent lonely🤣🤣🤣
Nice! My plan is photos in the next run once these autos are done probably another 60 days we’ll see what I have going by then

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well today’s daily update is additional LST only, and moved the cookies kush seedling into a 1/2 gallon pot with strawberry fields some perlite, worm castings, happy frog jump start, fruit and flower, myco and for now is in the tent with the autos once she’s a bit bigger I’ll move her over to the other tent to veg out till I can clone her

But besides that some of these plants are putting out tons of tops, one I counted 27 I think lol some much lower count but looking decent so far

63389661 0DE3 4A97 9135 599462085904
47AE98E3 ECB3 46D7 BF94 B4623AD5DB84
57AD3F47 F229 4EB9 96AB 4518387C9CC0
83E66956 30F9 480B B627 99A71895C37B
7E0A7678 DB65 4200 9AA1 913BB8E4CD3E
JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Looking sweet man! Awesome how clean everything is! I know thats a challenge with teas and top dressings. Good work!! I am really digging how simple organic growing can be. And reading post after post about nute issues is confirming this is how i want to do things. But then again I am a rookie still, always open to learning more about this process

Top Bottom