Mikedin’s solo plant 4x4 tent

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cypress66

Cypress66

Hmm odd, I did add about 20% perlite and about 3 cups of vermiculite they seem happier now when I water them heavy and let it runoff about 10-20% and at this point I’m making it about 2 days between watering I’m sure that’ll go to once per day soon

The stonington blend plant, ol trusty 3 days between waterings as always lol
Have just had a quick look at the thread and it looks like you have had lush green and beautiful plants and the light is pretty hot enough to be getting a good result also.. I have had a few good gardens with a burple light as they are known as.. I had a look at the wattage its using and its not quite 240wts and I have used it on many of my gardens in the last four maybe 5 years or more I'm not quite sure.. But I noticed that the last time I used the light it was not the best it was definitely worth the money I spent at the time. But I think I was lucky enough to get a good one.. But I think I have a better result in the white lights. Its a different thing to use a good quality product. The opinion on this issue is a good one. It has been proven that the white light is much better in the performance of the growing.. But I still have to say that I have not had any decent quality of light before.. I have a plant photonics light which is a purple one but I have a light of theirs and it's a white one with the osram diodes and the other one is I think the cree diodes has a switch on it for the flower and veg periods never really used them much but the owner is adamant on the lighting in the purple lights is a better option than the white one.. Kind lighting is the same thing. There is a lot of other companies like this one that springs to mind a bit expensive though. Black dog i wonder if you have a new one you can get a good result. Looks like the light's you're using are definitely doing the job well.. I will have a better look at this thread. Peace ✌️

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Have just had a quick look at the thread and it looks like you have had lush green and beautiful plants and the light is pretty hot enough to be getting a good result also.. I have had a few good gardens with a burple light as they are known as.. I had a look at the wattage its using and its not quite 240wts and I have used it on many of my gardens in the last four maybe 5 years or more I'm not quite sure.. But I noticed that the last time I used the light it was not the best it was definitely worth the money I spent at the time. But I think I was lucky enough to get a good one.. But I think I have a better result in the white lights. Its a different thing to use a good quality product. The opinion on this issue is a good one. It has been proven that the white light is much better in the performance of the growing.. But I still have to say that I have not had any decent quality of light before.. I have a plant photonics light which is a purple one but I have a light of theirs and it's a white one with the osram diodes and the other one is I think the cree diodes has a switch on it for the flower and veg periods never really used them much but the owner is adamant on the lighting in the purple lights is a better option than the white one.. Kind lighting is the same thing. There is a lot of other companies like this one that springs to mind a bit expensive though. Black dog i wonder if you have a new one you can get a good result. Looks like the light's you're using are definitely doing the job well.. I will have a better look at this thread. Peace ✌️
Yeah at the beginning I was running the blurples in there, those have since been removed and now it is being ran with a phlizon FD6500, also have the other journal with the 4x8 tent that’s running the mars hydro FC-E8000, I’m using the blurple right now in veg only to root some clones and start some veggies in a 3rd tent

I figure she’s only pulling about 100w with veg only on, the FD6500 is running at 40% at 12” in the 4x4 and the FC-E8000 is at 70% at 18-20”

A0331AC0 94D8 4F94 9A01 25BAA017C577
0F3F1383 8545 4480 8B37 2EB7C4C9FEAA
3C8D6BE8 5718 4E66 B2BC A08399F1DC21
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
hmm seeing that I have 3 plants a a month or so behind the candy kush in the 4x4 I’m thinking I’ll probably move one of the plants from the 4x8 in there to finish off solo with its own light. Kinda thinking the big monstercropped plant in the back corner she turned into a monster, defenitly my 2nd Biggest plant. Also considering starting some plants to put outside in the spring I’d like to have a few auto just getting ready to start preflower if right in the spring after the first frost to put outside so I may start some for that I already have all the photo clones I could need both normal and monstercrop of the cookies Kush 5 of each still all hanging on so far, surprisingly the monstercropped clones look the best, I may have found my calling for cloning lol, I’ll be making a cloning bucket soon through either way so really improve cloning odds, and because I like building shit lol

I’m kinda leaning tword 15 to 20 gallon buckets, 3 plants total for the next run, each one with its own scrog, 3 different strains defenitly a cookies Kush most likely one of the monstercropped clones, then I want to find a runtz, and hopefully something new not sure what yet

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
looking for new genetics to run! Throw out some opinions! Looking for good heavy yielding plants in scrog nets, haven’t decided if I’m running 3 or 4 plants yet, kinda liking the 4 idea, 2 ( or 3 ) in the 4x8 side by side and scrog the whole tent and then the solo plant in the 4x4

I plan to veg at least probably 2 months in the 4x4 and plan to do 4 to 6 rounds of topping lol, did 4 rounds on the scrogged plant in the 4x8 and she could have used a few more branches to fill in

Due to the high yeild /large scrog plant idea, I’ll defenitly be doubling pot size from my current final 5 gallon buckets to most likely 15 gallon nursery pots ( I’ll aerate the pots myself) so far I’ve been liking the strawberry fields. I believe all FF soils and 90% of the neut lineup are readily available to me at my local animal feed / farm store was looking at the cocoloco and the 70/30, but not sure may just stick with the strawberry fields

my local store had some but they may be 20 gallon, wouldn’t be the worst thing 🤣

So throw it out there let’s hear what was your stain you grew this year that made you the most impressed overall! Share pics of the plant and yield if you have it too!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Morning all! …. Now time for bed this was pheno #2 of the candy kush sisters, was 6 in total brought my new seeds home and went to put them with the others and noticed another pack of something and forgot I still have 1 gorilla glue autoflower seed left too lol, I really plan on running autos outside, I want them to finish up early and get out of the weather we’ll before fall 😁 another 2 months and I’ll try to start the autos in… one of these tents lol, and get them to just about 30 days old and get them outside 😆

2006269B 2132 44CB AAE9 034D3C2B8E64
B0222EE1 FAB7 4385 BE67 6CCA89B5A84D
9547088C 7D8B 4FAA 933B FF17FF94FB7E
374B8826 04F3 4C79 8B32 30D4525334F4
FFD34414 82B3 4C9C A7E2 DCB32E31789C
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Wow that plant's a freaking monster! let me know if you find a great heavy yielding plant! Been looking to make a new mother and excuse to set up a new area - loving my runtz so far but I miss those old skool pop can colas!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Wow that plant's a freaking monster! let me know if you find a great heavy yielding plant! Been looking to make a new mother and excuse to set up a new area - loving my runtz so far but I miss those old skool pop can colas!
One of her autoflower sisters put out some nice ones last time, I’d say it beat a pop can lol can’t count your chickens before they hatch though so we’ll see how she finishes 😁

Swing by the 4x8 grow journal as well! Went with a separate journal for each tent lol.

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Mikedin’s 4x8 grow journal link

4957FF63 9F2B 47D1 9AEB C6943BF5FD7A
sambapati

sambapati

Not currently no. I ended up going with the phlizon FD6500, I’ll be trying HPS during next winter by the time I get everything set up this year I’d be taking them back out to switch back to LED’s for the summer. The 4x4 tent is in a bedroom with a homemade 3x5 tent that has some clones I’m trying to root as well as a decent sized monstercropped clone. I do have a space heater running in there to keep it 64 minimum. Lowest I’ve seen recorded on the hydrometer in the tent is 61f At night, when the furnace is running it stays nice and warm but 90% of the time I heat my home with wood stoves so the basement dosent get any heat. She needs more light desperately haha I moved her there to get her out of the flower tents when I flipped , haven’t decided hon her fate yet. She may stay in the homemade tent, or I may veg her for the next 3 months into a monster and see if she will take a move to outdoors in spring lol she’ll need to be uppotted from the 3gal pot but it’s one option for her, unfortunately the monstercropped clones in the 4x8 as well as that single one in the homemade tent where given to me from my brother in laws best friend who was killed a few weeks ago. My brother in law grew one set outside over the summer and I got the clones from his buddy late in the summer and I’ve been vegging them ever since the ones in the 4x8 just flipped to flower

Poor little thing just sitting in the corner under a 2x 100w LED’s waiting to see when she can grow
Good on ya for staying with your friend's weed. PROPS.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
You 'told' your wife something? Very risky.
Haha yep after 15 years I should know better 😂 we’ve been together for over 20 years, risky game indeed best to smoke ahead of time to keep your wits about you in the ensuing fight 🤣🤣
suggestions are safer 😆
suggestions on my house cost money, I suggested growing vestables inside and im now on the hunt for a 2x8 tent… that I can’t find anywhere haha, I could do 2x 2x4’s for her with 1x kingled1500 in each one as I just have those laying around and I know they’ll grow out some veggies if they grew out the buds they did for me lol

4x4 is getting watered today, she’s starting to yellow a bit early for me but after all she is nearing 6 months old now in the same soil lol, I wish I had more time before I flipped her to flower I woulda up potted her to a 10 gal pot but she was intended to be a test run of the 4x4 after she didn’t autoflower im very pleased with it lol

05924598 F6BA 40A1 8590 357C0723F549
9222EDF8 77A5 445B 8BA5 0BD49B1A6D3F
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Good on ya for staying with your friend's weed. PROPS.
He used to get his clones from him every spring and he won’t have that this year, and he liked my Cookies Kush in the 4x8 last time he was here, so little did he know the clones I have rooting are for him he gets all of them 😁

Hey, he’s my brother in law he gets a hook up lol

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

4x4 is getting watered today, she’s starting to yellow a bit early for me but after all she is nearing 6 months old now in the same soil lol, I wish I had more time before I flipped her to flower I woulda up potted her to a 10 gal pot but she was intended to be a test run of the 4x4 after she didn’t autoflower im very pleased with it lol
still keeping up with some type of nitrogen feeding?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Was bored and made my project neut bucket hose bib lol just a piece of rubber inside and outside and then half of a coupler inside to hold it tight lol
I did that one day as well but I gave up on using it because the flow out of the tap was so slow. With not much pressure pushing the water out it took too long to fill my pour pot....I now mix in the bucket and pour it out from the top. I just don't have the patients for it to drip out of the tap.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
still keeping up with some type of nitrogen feeding?
Yes just added back 1/4 strength FF Grow 6-6-4 to her mix I had the same thought haha
I did that one day as well but I gave up on using it because the flow out of the tap was so slow. With not much pressure pushing the water out it took too long to fill my pour pot....I now mix in the bucket and pour it out from the top. I just don't have the patients for it to drip out of the tap.
yeah it is pretty slow lol it does work though so I can use it in days I’m not in a rush, I hate picking up the 5 gallon buckets to fill my 1/2 gallon watering can haha, just how I measure I’ll have to pick up a 1 gallon I have a 2 gallon I use for watering soil plants but my strawberry fields plant I like using the small can I know 3 will now water them to a slight drip of a runoff and andother 1/2 will give me my 15-20% runoff plus it makes me water slower so less of a chance of it all running straight through, I do 1/2 gallon to each plant at a time and repeat 3 times, by the time I finish the last one I expect to be seeing runoff in all 4 drain pans

This plant has been going for so long that the clover cover crop from almost 6 months ago is re-sprouting like it’s a new season haha also had a tent visitor

7C4C016B 485C 4305 AC36 47430AE7B481
A8DD9252 1DB1 46DE BAC6 EA81CC8513A8
Top Bottom