Mikedin’s solo plant 4x4 tent

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Yes just added back 1/4 strength FF Grow 6-6-4 to her mix I had the same thought haha
1/4 strength isn't a lot taking into account your light is probably pushing 75-100%
are you low on nutes, get her green then drop to 1/4 😀

sambapati

sambapati

Yeah at the beginning I was running the blurples in there, those have since been removed and now it is being ran with a phlizon FD6500, also have the other journal with the 4x8 tent that’s running the mars hydro FC-E8000, I’m using the blurple right now in veg only to root some clones and start some veggies in a 3rd tent

I figure she’s only pulling about 100w with veg only on, the FD6500 is running at 40% at 12” in the 4x4 and the FC-E8000 is at 70% at 18-20”
So it is more beneficial to run the FD6500 at 40% and put it closer than at 24"? I am wanting to hear more about this. I've been more in the 70-100% at 20" with my 2 Mars Hydros, but the overall coverage should be better than what I've had in there during the Mesozoic Era.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
1/4 strength isn't a lot taking into account your light is probably pushing 75-100%
are you low on nutes, get her green then drop to 1/4 😀
I’m feeding at 1300PPM and runoff is matching ph 6.5 input and output to me she theoretically isint eating a lot she’s defenitly seen a lot of stress but hasent Hermied anywhere being as she’s 7 weeks in 3 days or so I just am basically trying to baby her along while she tries to fatten up lol

So it is more beneficial to run the FD6500 at 40% and put it closer than at 24"? I am wanting to hear more about this. I've been more in the 70-100% at 20" with my 2 Mars Hydros, but the overall coverage should be better than what I've had in there during the Mesozoic Era.
Not really sure I get the same PPFD with the photone app (using the same phone for both measurements) I am at about 850PPFD full coverage at 45% at 18” or I could go to 100% at 24-30” and get the same result so I figured why waste power if I can achieve the same thing, and in addition the light do put out SOME heat so in my cooler basement I figured that would be beneficial as well

Being as the whole 4x4 setup is a brand new addition I wanted to see how the full setup performed so I pulled this plant and put her in there alone

Also the FD6500 is a pretty damn big light she is stated to flower a 5x5 and I’m in a 4x4 so the light is only about 4” from each wall

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah at the beginning I was running the blurples in there, those have since been removed and now it is being ran with a phlizon FD6500, also have the other journal with the 4x8 tent that’s running the mars hydro FC-E8000, I’m using the blurple right now in veg only to root some clones and start some veggies in a 3rd tent

I figure she’s only pulling about 100w with veg only on, the FD6500 is running at 40% at 12” in the 4x4 and the FC-E8000 is at 70% at 18-20”
Ok serious question. How the fuq did you mount that fan in there? Been trying to cob something together to mount same style fan and so far have been unsuccessful.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Ok serious question. How the fuq did you mount that fan in there? Been trying to cob something together to mount same style fan and so far have been unsuccessful.
Well sir, that would be the MacGyver way 😂😂😂 smoke a few doobs you’ll see ideas haha

After this grow everything is coming down, she then I’ll set everything up the way I figured I wanted it all mounted

The correct way lol

sambapati

sambapati

I’m feeding at 1300PPM and runoff is matching ph 6.5 input and output to me she theoretically isint eating a lot she’s defenitly seen a lot of stress but hasent Hermied anywhere being as she’s 7 weeks in 3 days or so I just am basically trying to baby her along while she tries to fatten up lol

Not really sure I get the same PPFD with the photone app (using the same phone for both measurements) I am at about 850PPFD full coverage at 45% at 18” or I could go to 100% at 24-30” and get the same result so I figured why waste power if I can achieve the same thing, and in addition the light do put out SOME heat so in my cooler basement I figured that would be beneficial as well

Being as the whole 4x4 setup is a brand new addition I wanted to see how the full setup performed so I pulled this plant and put her in there alone

Also the FD6500 is a pretty damn big light she is stated to flower a 5x5 and I’m in a 4x4 so the light is only about 4” from each wall
Thanks Mikey

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Fkin brilliant man. I even have some 12-2 wire laying around! Look at that.
See that’s exactly what I thought haha I also strip the outer casing and use the coated wires as my LST wires hahahahaha

Don’t judge it works good when coiled to redirect branches 😏

I like the bonsai method works great also have heavier gauge wire if needed,

Here’s 6x lettuce plants (3 per container) 2 types, then 3 big boy tomato in solos, and a sweet banana pepper in a solos plus some cookies Kush clones for a family member , gunna do 2x 2x4 veggie tents as well might throw a banzai tree in there or a few male bonsai plants to use for pollen (really cool topic I found on keeping bonsai mothers and fathers)

I just uppotted all those from 1x2 containers lol then bleach mopped the whole basement, I do it every other week

E6FE39BE B4EC 4CED 9D87 454F12FDBADF
8F31A731 A185 4F21 B449 7969409DD598
CE0BB4CC F856 48C1 A16E 8E18D5B0CA4B
E46D3BDC EDA1 47A4 A8A5 777F88A48A3E
FB00F251 6FFA 479A AA17 3F58CB79670E
3C1EDD16 6D05 42C5 8112 C779D71C244D
3A488F99 84EB 4362 8656 F8D961108297
Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

See that’s exactly what I thought haha I also strip the outer casing and use the coated wires as my LST wires hahahahaha

Don’t judge it works good when coiled to redirect branches 😏

I like the bonsai method works great also have heavier gauge wire if needed,

Here’s 6x lettuce plants (3 per container) 2 types, then 3 big boy tomato in solos, and a sweet banana pepper in a solos plus some cookies Kush clones for a family member , gunna do 2x 2x4 veggie tents as well might throw a banzai tree in there or a few male bonsai plants to use for pollen (really cool topic I found on keeping bonsai mothers and fathers)

I just uppotted all those from 1x2 containers lol then bleach mopped the whole basement, I do it every other week
Hell yeah man. This old guy i know uses wire to train his branches too, also im not one to judge what works lol.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hell yeah man. This old guy i know uses wire to train his branches too, also im not one to judge what works lol.
I’ll always use what I have on hand I mean it works perfect to position colas in openings too plus I have rolls of it lying around 12/2 14/2 breakers outlets ceramic light fixtures for the room etc gunna redo a ton in the spring when I shut the tents down to get everything g carpeted so I’ll add 6x new breakers, 3 will be dedicated to a tent each then 3 will be for accessories so 2 outlet runs to each tent that way I can plug the timer directly into the wall and the light directly into that, and I’ll spread out about 4 additional outlets on each side of each tent on their own circuit per tent for fans and other eccessories and get rid of power strips all together

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Ok… cat is out of the bag. Wife is now aware I’ve personally abandoned her 2x4 double tent setup in favor of another 4x8 that will go where mine currently is and my 4x8 will move to the bedroom next to the 4x4… she’s also become aware I plan to switch to full hydro as soon as possible…. Including the vegetables 😂

I know this will be a longgg project and I anticipate at least one more grow in soil next winter and hopefully will figure out what equipment I want to use

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Too cool. yeah this one run the show around here. He is referred to as "the Oleever" and he is snoozing in between defoliations now 😂
Haha yeah I just did all mine about a week ago, I shave them over in another room, we’ve been doing that since our oldest dog who is 13 currently lol just every 3 months they go down to a #2 nose to tail and I use a 1 on the feet and paws

Saves me about $300 every 3 months haha

sambapati

sambapati

Haha yeah I just did all mine about a week ago, I shave them over in another room, we’ve been doing that since our oldest dog who is 13 currently lol just every 3 months they go down to a #2 nose to tail and I use a 1 on the feet and paws

Saves me about $300 every 3 months haha
A dog haircut here is $15.00

Latest posts

Top Bottom