Mildow around Day 40 of 12/12

• Thread starter Tolpan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tolpan

Hey Brothas and Sistas!

I had about 2 weeks of rain and humidity went up to 84 in the night and when lights on about 60%! I was very busy with my other business so it took some days before I had the time to buy something to lower the humidity! No I'm running 53% during night and day! I also bought a heater to have a higher tempreture when it's dark. Now I'm always between 20 and 25°C.

I removed lots of leaves, especially those who showed mildow and most that weren't good for air circulation!

My main question:
What's the perfect condition to stop mildow!?

If it first started on some bottom leaves, would you put another ventilator in there to get a better aircirculation?
Both of my ventis are more blowing on the upper part of my plants! Less watering?

Thanks for any help!?

For any chemical stuff it's too late and too early too harvest right now!

Thanks Tolpan

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Sulphur vaporizor....

or

A very light dilution of baking soda and water will kill the spores and stop the spread...then you can address the air circulation issues, it will return if you don't..

Tex

T

Tolpan

Sulphur vaporizor....

or

A very light dilution of baking soda and water will kill the spores and stop the spread...then you can address the air circulation issues, it will return if you don't..

Tex

Thanks for your help! Thought it's too late for baking soda, but I'll try! Have to take a look for a sulphur vaporizor.
But I've to spray it on every plant or just on the ones with mildow?

Tolpan

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I would hit every plant to be sure those spores are treated. The dilution is so light, like 1/2tbs per gallon so there is no residual....if there is any buildup just hit it with straight water in a day or so...you can treat almost up to the end just don't get carried away

Tex

mace

mace

Sounds like you have the humidity under control now, as for the mildew you need to stop the spreading. Texas suggested baking soda, personally i use a 10%milk to water solution. It may stink, but it doesn't harm the plants or you when smoked. I find that 3 applications does it best, say once monday, once wednesday, once friday.

I've also heard of using a peroxide and water solution to do this as well, though i don't know the exact strength needed.

D

drpressure600

p.m.t

try some ''powdery mildew treatment'',
did you read a couple of weeks back, a few guys were complaining about moisture, well i got some bad batches of it on some beautiful buds over the last week or so, & my friend gave me this chemical outta the grow shop, you mix 10ml of it with water & spray it on the buds & believe me it dose a great job, thats the name above . .

F

FastForward

I've got mildew probs as well - here's what I've done:

- no outside air directly
- upped room temps (the room my grow tents are in, not tent temps) from 18 to 20
- cleaned tent with mild peroxide solution
- added mini circulating fans (x3) on the floor facing directly upwards to keep air flowing up through the plants
- trimmed all affected leaves, then trimmed all lower growth preventatively

I've not used any foliar spray as yet but am going to invest in a bottle of AN's Protector tomorrow, which is apparently mildew specific. Also am going to pick up a bottle of Silicon (not the expensive AN one) for future prevention.

One last thing to try: spraying trichoderma on them....read an abstract yesterday that said tricho's can be useful in the first few days before it gets too heavily infested...but then it's pretty useless after that. Still, worth a squirt ;)

H

hazyfontazy

spraying will kill the visible spores but not stop the spread ,,pm is an internal virus and the spores are just the transit ,,u need to kill the internal virus otherwise the spores will just appear again when conditions are right ,,

ive tried practically everything and the only thing i found truly works is systane by bayer ,use it with penetrator or similiar wetting agent ,,spray every 5 days to kill the pm's lifecycle

F

FastForward

ive tried practically everything and the only thing i found truly works is systane by bayer ,use it with penetrator or similiar wetting agent ,,spray every 5 days to kill the pm's lifecycle

Cheers for this - have googled it - is it the eyedrops stuff??!

T

Tolpan

Thanks all for your infos:handshake

@ Hazy: I know systane and lots od others chemical stuff from Bayer, BASF, DOW AGROSCIENCE and so on!
That's my business and I know they work, but they last quite a long time until they are completely out of the plants. 2 week flushing won't last! I think in my business I have to wait about 50 days before harvesting, that I won't get any problems, if I would be controlled by the health or food controler of the gouvernment, so I wanted to avoid any chemical stuff. I'm at day 43 right now, and I don't know if the concentration of systane will get down during drying the buds.

What do you think?

Thanks again!

Tolpan

H

hazyfontazy

not sure about the eyedrops,,,

links
this kills it

this prevents it

good luck

F

FastForward

Thanks Hazy..will check it out...must admit tho...it looks nasty....

H

hazyfontazy

powdery mildew is the nastiest of the nastiest ,,makes u mad ,,just when u think u cured it,it rears its nasty head ,,normally 2-3 weeks from harvest ,,,check every day ,,

F

FastForward

Thanks man...have been...just in from cutting off more mildew. It's on the stem of my Pandora's, so it's really not looking good. Just sprayed them with pH'd piranha water out of mild desperation (no baking soda). Might have to cut my losses and kill them all, clean the room again and leave it a few days. Arse.

F

FastForward

There are people over at ic who swear that the answer to powdery mildew is Dutch Master Zone + Penetrator. Have ordered 1l of each. Suggest you do the same....seems like this is THE answer. Dipping recommended if you can't spray.

D

drpressure600

powdery mildew is the nastiest of the nastiest ,,makes u mad ,,just when u think u cured it,it rears its nasty head ,,normally 2-3 weeks from harvest ,,,check every day ,,

it is indeed, & thats the exact time it comes, i find myself driving back & forth too my grows spraying them all the time the last week or so, i can't wait till next thursday to crop them, it's a big worry seen buds getting eaten by that mildew, i've had some beauts eaten up d last week or so . .

whats the no 1 cause of mildew, people say its moisture, but i have my doubts, & how long would yopu think it would be in the plants before it shows, thanks . .

F

FastForward

And there also seems to be a large amount of opinion behind certain strains being 'pm magnets' - especially the kushes. It was Violator Kush in my tent that got the pm originally....

H

hazyfontazy

There are people over at ic who swear that the answer to powdery mildew is Dutch Master Zone + Penetrator. Have ordered 1l of each. Suggest you do the same....seems like this is THE answer. Dipping recommended if you can't spray.

already got/tryed the zone +penetrator ,,worked to a degree but not as effective as the bayer stuff ,,which totally kills it ,,,till the wind carries it back in that is ,,,

originally mine was introduced on an effected og kush clone ,,some strains do get it easier than others ,,i never got it ever on cheese ,,

try raising temperatures at night ,keep air moving at night but no cold draughts ,,,next thing i'm trying is leaf coat by bio bizz

worse part about pm is its not grower error its just bad luck and can happen to anyone ,,i know at least 4 breeders that have had it in the last year ,,,its airbourne and there aint a lot u can do about it ,,

once u see the spores it means u have been infected for a good while ,the spores are trying to move on and infect another plantwhich is why they appear ,,,

i believe ed rosenthal has developed a pm cure that works ,,i'll see if i can find the info

F

FastForward

I was thinking about leaf coat too....and maybe some silicon, but it's very strongly alkaline, which will suck for anyone in a hard water area. Also HEPA filters might help take spores out of the air? Going to try zone + penetrator first - if that doesn't work then I'll try the systane. Lots of very positive outcomes from people with long term pm probs...gotta keep treating plants every 4 days for a month to get results/break the cycle...

Latest posts

Top Bottom