Milky or clear trichomes? Need a second opinion.

• Thread starter SteveVA74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SteveVA74

SteveVA74

Ok so one of my plants Purple Kush Auto is getting close to harvest. I don't have a microscope so this is the best I can do with the phone. The trichomes look clear to me but I've never seen a bud ready for harvest in person. Should I wait a little longer?

IMG 20210727 101239311
IMG 20210727 101225587
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

They def starting to milk up to my untrained eye can’t c any amber at all though not to far away week or 2👍

karolanne

karolanne

Ok so one of my plants Purple Kush Auto is getting close to harvest. I don't have a microscope so this is the best I can do with the phone. The trichomes look clear to me but I've never seen a bud ready for harvest in person. Should I wait a little longer?
They are milky.

Larrykram

Larrykram

I never look at trichomes, my eye just can't focus on them.

I always look at the general appearance of the plant, if it looks ready, then it's time for harvest.

Ponky

Ponky

Commercial growing secret: the glands are always clear. And red hairs reduce bag appeal. Trichomes have nothing to do with it. Waiting for milky trichomes is a home grower thing.

Ponky

Ponky

How do you know when it's time?
When its not got personal if goes as soon as the hairs are starting to turn. Or literally it's 8 or 9 weeks on the calendar and they come down no matter what because thats when the trimmers show up.
Red hair makes weed look like garbage. And no one wants it. Even though the glands needed more time. Even though my personal grown matured milky gland kush is stronger and tastier than most it doesn't look as good with the color. And people don't like the sleep feeling. They're used to immature plants chopped on a schedule. I've cropped a load at 6 weeks. And it still went as a AAA. So... don't worry. Personal preference. Old school was half the hairs are orange. Half are white. Totally no science whatsoever. Milky glands...in my opinion. Is the sweet spot. Best smell taste and feel.

SteveVA74

SteveVA74

Thank you for the feedback. I am flushing now. Probably will cut and dry in a few days.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ponky

Ponky

I disagree.

Never have I ever filled a cube van with an Ed Rosenthal load. Here we don't ever shop sativas. I don't know why it is. But I'm guessing it's just a time thing. Faster crops. And people got used to the way that looked. You squeeze it. Smell it. Look at it. And buy it. All within smoking it at all. It was the way for years and years.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Never have I ever filled a cube van with an Ed Rosenthal load. Here we don't ever shop sativas. I don't know why it is. But I'm guessing it's just a time thing. Faster crops. And people got used to the way that looked. You squeeze it. Smell it. Look at it. And buy it. All within smoking it at all. It was the way for years and years.
It's about money. They do everything on a schedule and don't care if the plant is ready or not. $$$$$
I want mine done correctly. I love the difference.

Ponky

Ponky

It's about money. They do everything on a schedule and don't care if the plant is ready or not. $$$$$
I want mine done correctly. I love the difference.
Exactly. To the point they don't recognize or even enjoy a bag of properly grown mature and slow cured bud. So most smokers are used to buying weed that is early. So they don't even know what a mature bud should look like. And it's hard to show people a new way.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

A friend of ours had only ever had dispensary weed. We lit him up with some real smoke (huge sativa buzz) and now he wants to be a grower.

Ponky

Ponky

A friend of ours had only ever had dispensary weed. We lit him up with some real smoke (huge sativa buzz) and now he wants to be a grower.
Hahha. Soon he buys the rosin press. Then the extraction kits. Then he is paying for lab samples.. yeah. I can never not grow. I need my own smoke.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hahha. Soon he buys the rosin press. Then the extraction kits. Then he is paying for lab samples.. yeah. I can never not grow. I need my own smoke.
He was tripping out. "How can I be so high and still can walk?"
He's moving to Vegas, so he can get it cheaper.

Ponky

Ponky

He was tripping out. "How can I be so high and still can walk?"
He's moving to Vegas, so he can get it cheaper.
Hahha. Man. That's a wild ride. I'm a guy who smokes for pain management so I don't get high for more than about 30 seconds at a time. But I couldn't live without access to lots of good dank. Vegas is cool. Cheap houses. Lots of work.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hahha. Man. That's a wild ride. I'm a guy who smokes for pain management so I don't get high for more than about 30 seconds at a time. But I couldn't live without access to lots of good dank. Vegas is cool. Cheap houses. Lots of work.
Us to. We don't get high except for maybe 5 mins after the days first hit.

Top Bottom