Mini Split A/C - DoubleD Help Please!

• Thread starter Bobby_604
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bobby_604

Hi,

My girlfriend just got her MM card for 25 plants.

I live in a condo and have the approval of my strata.

Im looking at a 10 x 10 room.

Im thinking 4 x 1000 or 6 x 600.

WIll these units cool either of these aforementioned setups?

Will these also heat when lights are out?

Im not 100% sure, but I think you just set a temp and leave. When lights are on the AC is working and when lights are out the heat works (if required).

Im in BC and the winter isn't too bad.

Any help would be pretty great!

:boogie:

N

not2busy4

if you dont have too pay for your water where you are in bc might want too consider one of these for cooling

E

easypleasie

Mini splits are where it's at! I'd recommend the inverter models with high SEER ratings (over 16). Cost a little more up front but you'll save monthly on the electric bill. Can't go wrong with Friedrich, Mitsubishi or Fujitsu models. Get the ones with the heat pump. User manuals are usually offered on websites so you can find out if it can be programmed the way you need it.

T

the Rock

I have installed afew of these systems go with the biggest you can get/as mentioned above mitsubishi is one of the best available. you will need 220 volts for the compressor and the indoor unit just plug it in. These come precharged with enough freon unless your units are more than like 35 ft apart. You also need to run a condensate line as these have alot of runoff. and yes they are run off T-stat so set and forget it.
I wouldnt think you would need heat with those lights in a 10 x 10 room

E

easypleasie

I have buddies that have homies to install their equipment. They all converted to mini splits last year. Their systems blew me away and totally convinced me to get one (i'm using central air at the moment) After about 6 months of research, I finally got one! Unfortunately, i'm not in the same circles so I need to install it myself. It's a Fujitsu 18k 19 seer model with heat pump (for those really cold nights?). I almost got the Mr. Slim till I found the Fujitsu in a higher btu and efficiency - just as quiet as the Mitsubishi.

Hey Rock, what all is usually needed to install a mini split system? Any special tools that I should know about? vacuum line pump? or something along those lines?

Thanks bro!

H

heater

You will need the vacumn pump for sure, pull a good vac. on the line set. A drop of vac. oil on the threads of the flare connections before tightning is what old timers do.

E

easypleasie

Thanks heater, looks like i'll be shopping for a pump tonight. Any recommendations? And is that all that's needed to install the mini split?

H

heater

You will need the hole through the wall for the lineset and drain what ever material you will be going through will determine that, 3" i believe.
Manifold with guage for pulling the vac. cheap pump and oil for it (ebay).I pressure up lines with nitrogen to check fittings before vac..You can use the guage to check for leaks. Hand tools and drill gun to mount the plate on wall (level).
Pay attention to the outside condenser instructions, you can get precast concrete pads and use tapcon concrete fastners to bolt it down, these mini's can be blown or knocked over not good.

E

easypleasie

Much appreciated info, bro. I'll check ebay for the pump and oil. I need the lineset, too. The place I bought my mini at wanted way too much for their linesets.

Looks about time to crack open the installation manual.

D

doubleds

These arew the ones Double D recommended to me when i was in the hunt

http://www.friedrich.com/

Tex

Hi there

i highly reccomend these units to anyone, esp. if you live in canada and are going to grow year round. Friedrich are the only company that guarantee in writing that they will work to - 16 degrees. I wuld go with the 24000 or 33000 model for sure, 18000 is not big enough.

dds

D

dirty_one

yes i would get the 24k btu. i run a 12k with 3k watts and it works well but i wouldnt add another light unless i upgrade.

B

Bobby_604

Hmm.

240 volts?

That means that I need a electrician to come in and install a 240 breaker.

I might be over my head here.

J

Jalisco Kid

Yeah the breaker is the easiest part,it just gets harder from there. If you are installing one I would get one much larger so that when you install it and do not have the pressures dialed in it still might work for you in between your linesets freezing up etc.JK

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

If I wanted to hire an HVAC to come and vacuum the lines, would that take place only at the condenser? Or would he have to access wall unit as well?

R

REGISTRD

Hey doubleds not sure if fujitsu are available up in Canada but there units will run down to 14 deg in writing and they come precharged with up to a 65 ft lineset in writing!
Not sure why peeps are putting to get the model with the heat pump that's just a waste of money if ur running more than 3 lights no need for a heatmode!
Remember u need 4k btu per 1k

P

pikes peak 69

some of us need the heat pump for the lights off period.

pp69

S

SweetIslandFunk

25 plants for a medical user? wtf where are you? they let me have 6, only 3 in flower its bullshit. im movin

Latest posts

Top Bottom