mini split in a 10 x 12 tent.. is it possible?

• Thread starter joeyo720
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joeyo720

want to put a mini split in a 10 x 12 sealed tent with co2 and 6 hoods.. can it be done ? this is a rental so was thinking tents in the garage

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If your going sealed might consider building it's probably cheaper and you can customize.
I did a sealed 4x4 with 2 feet added for equipment so 4x6. Cheap window AC, heater, dehumidifier, humidifier, 20lb CO2 tank. All on controllers. Makes it easy af to look after.

IMG 20190608 112414
IMG 20190610 161956
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That photo was 2days ago this is just a few hrs shirt of 2days growth... I flipped late getting greedy it should get interesting lol. CO2 is real when you have a good light.

IMG 20190610 162205
J

joeyo720

That photo was 2days ago this is just a few hrs shirt of 2days growth... I flipped late getting greedy it should get interesting lol. CO2 is real when you have a good light.
yea i usually build rooms but this is a rented house so i wanted to be able to take it down if need be.. but maybe i will be stuck with building rooms with mini splits.. i was also thinking metal container buildings.. put 3 small ones in garage.. they make them 10x 8x 8

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

It would be a bitch, but I'd rather insulate the garage, a/c it, and exchange air with the tent. I have a friend that runs a split in a 10x20 gorilla, and it works fine, but the air handlers will blow cold, cold air, and it may be hard to diffuse it adequately in such a tight space.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

yea i usually build rooms but this is a rented house so i wanted to be able to take it down if need be.. but maybe i will be stuck with building rooms with mini splits.. i was also thinking metal container buildings.. put 3 small ones in garage.. they make them 10x 8x 8
I can take mine down and put it up. It's free standing built from 1x2's and 2x2's frame and just cut reflective insulation board sealed with weather stripping on the door, great stuff spray foam and metal tape. I just cut the corners where I taped and pull the styrofoam board out the take the screws out. Maybe an hour to take down

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It would be a bitch, but I'd rather insulate the garage, a/c it, and exchange air with the tent. I have a friend that runs a split in a 10x20 gorilla, and it works fine, but the air handlers will blow cold, cold air, and it may be hard to diffuse it adequately in such a tight space.
But he wants CO2. So needs sealed. CO2 makes everything a bitch.
That's part of the reason I added an equipment side no direct heat, AC and I can go in there when the lights are out without fucking up my flowering plants

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Yeah, I totally dig your design there. It would suck to have to enrich the whole garage if you were using bottled gas. These three factors have a hard time coexisting
Co2 enrichment
Non permanence
Tight environmental control in small space

We must seek equilibrium. Presumably you're running 1k's?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah, I totally dig your design there. It would suck to have to enrich the whole garage if you were using bottled gas. These three factors have a hard time coexisting
Co2 enrichment
Non permanence
Tight environmental control in small space

We must seek equilibrium. Presumably you're running 1k's?
HLG 600 No way in hell I could deal with the heat of 1k's in there i don't think even if air cooled. But this light kills a 4x4

Added: I shouldn't say I couldn't deal with the heat but the AC would likely run a lot. I have my driver mounted outside so it come on about every 20 mins for about 1-2 min then shuts off.

Last edited:
J

joeyo720

yes 1000 watt hps air cooled.. not gonna bother with tents.. except maybe for veg/clone/mom where it dosent need to be sealed for co2.. gonna build 1 big flower room and harvest half the room every 5 weeks .. gonna run 1 big room instead of 2 flower rooms so i can run it at night when electric is cheaper.. thanks for input guys..

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You can do it. Ive done it. You have to mount a board on a side to actually mount the indoor unit to. The thing is its crazy inefficient. I had rolls of insulation over mine so the minisplit wouldnt be working overtime. When it's all said and done, even being in a rental, once you have that big of a tent + an installed mini + whatever else that is going to entail (like power) its prob a better option to just build something with 2 x 4 and r board like a room within a room and don't anchor it to anything. Prob take you the same amount of time to take that down with a drill as it would the tent. Lets be realistic you wont be taking a tent like that down in the span of an hr or 2.

Top Bottom