Minimal fabric pot size for once a day fertigation.

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

Hi guys,

I am planning on having a clone SOG run.
I have gotten away with feeding once a day in 7 gal pots for mature plants.
what is the smallest pots you are getting away with feeding only once daily?
I was hoping to run 3 gals as I plan on vegging for two-three weeks.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
B

tobh

tobh

Supporter
What's the constraint for once a day? Limiting fertigation defeats the benefits of coco. It's counter-intuitive. Since your'e talking about running a SOG, why not add some automation, fertigate several times a day and top off the res as needed?

I digress, how many plants are you planning on running? In what size of area? What environmental controls do you have in place for temp and RH?

To answer such a question, we need more details.

Madmax

Madmax

Im killing it once a day in 18ltres atm and can even get away with once in 2 days so far.plants vegged 5 weeks and up to day 16 going real great..

Pippins

Pippins

I'm new to coco as well and with 3 gallon pots, I think once per day is just not enough. 5 gallon is prob the minimum to get away with once per day, but you'll be missing out on the benefits of using coco if you settle for once per day. Even with young plants in 1 gallon pots, I immediately noticed the benefit of moving to multiple feeds per day.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Hi guys,

I am planning on having a clone SOG run.
I have gotten away with feeding once a day in 7 gal pots for mature plants.
what is the smallest pots you are getting away with feeding only once daily?
I was hoping to run 3 gals as I plan on vegging for two-three weeks.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
B
9 liter pots feed once a day in flower.
DSCN0672
DSCN0801
20190112 092923
20190317 203919

Billymgb

Billymgb

I am using 7 gal pots and coco mixed with promix HP. I am fertigating 4 x a day. These plants look awesome.

20210112 062800
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Once a day, once every 2 days, 5 times a day, really doesnt matter, thats the beauty of coco, you can treat it almost like soil or you can treat it like hydro. Its really up to you and the time you have on your hands, ive had great results watering once a day and multiple times a day when i have the time

Blakeja

Blakeja

What's the constraint for once a day? Limiting fertigation defeats the benefits of coco. It's counter-intuitive. Since your'e talking about running a SOG, why not add some automation, fertigate several times a day and top off the res as needed?

I digress, how many plants are you planning on running? In what size of area? What environmental controls do you have in place for temp and RH?
To answer such a question, we need more details.

I originally wanted to get automated, I just don’t think I have the time to set it up..
What’re you running ?

I wanted to get as many clones as possible into my 3x3 table. Without over crowding.. not sure a safe number? only want to veg for a week or so..

Exhaust for high heat heater for cold
Dehumidifier/humidifier for RH

thanks,
B

Top Bottom