Minimum Light At Night For Veg

• Thread starter toyota40runner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

toyota40runner

im in Hawaii where it's always flower schedule so i run lights from 11:30-1:30 to beak up the dark period. When I'm vegging, I go out every night and morning to pull over and off a black out tarp so It doesn't look like there is a concert in my yard. I'm over dropping a ton into an auto light dep, pretty close to being done growing all together, been doing this shit too long. So my question is, what is the minimum amount of light I can run at night to keep the plants from flowering? My greenhouse is 10x20

Thank you

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Depends on the strain, if it has any ruderalis genes it might flower under 16 hours of light. Some strains wont flower even with only 14 hours of light. I would think that as long as you didnt shock them by loweing the light per day too fast you could probably get by with 16 or 17 hours without flowering them. Just make sure to step them down slow, going straight from 24/0 to 16/8 can definitely shock them into flower.
How much light you get a day on the islands?

T

toyota40runner

I'm not asking minimum hours, im asking how strong of light. Im tired of pulling he tarp off and on my greenhouse, wondering if I put something in there that just had a subtle glow of it would be enough to make them stay in veg.

Blaze

Blaze

It does not take much. We ran our dep greenhouses for years with just a single dual bulb T12 fixture per 10x10 area. More recently we switched to construction string lights which only have a single bulb every 10'.

T

toyota40runner

i use a couple t5 right now, i was thinking more along the lines of a some small led's over each plant. I'm trying to make the greenhouse not light up. i get tired of having to pull over the tarp every night so my yard doesn't look like a concert. I'm even wondering if i wrapped the cages in christmas lights if that would be enough.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I'm not asking minimum hours, im asking how strong of light. Im tired of pulling he tarp off and on my greenhouse, wondering if I put something in there that just had a subtle glow of it would be enough to make them stay in veg.
A t8 shop light will do fine.. its like 50-60 watts

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
im in Hawaii where it's always flower schedule so i run lights from 11:30-1:30 to beak up the dark period. When I'm vegging, I go out every night and morning to pull over and off a black out tarp so It doesn't look like there is a concert in my yard. I'm over dropping a ton into an auto light dep, pretty close to being done growing all together, been doing this shit too long. So my question is, what is the minimum amount of light I can run at night to keep the plants from flowering? My greenhouse is 10x20

Thank you
Would be strain dependent as skunkin already mentioned. Without knowing I would say you might get away with 14 hr, much less than that and they may go into flower.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i use a couple t5 right now, i was thinking more along the lines of a some small led's over each plant. I'm trying to make the greenhouse not light up. i get tired of having to pull over the tarp every night so my yard doesn't look like a concert. I'm even wondering if i wrapped the cages in christmas lights if that would be enough.
Wanna know what I used? Solar landscape lights. Just a few near enough to the plants to shed light on them. Their photoperiod isn't controllable, but the goal was to keep the plants vegging, not to help grow them. Once I was ready to put them into the main beds to be flowered out I just moved the solar lights over to the front of the property.

These:

lukemo421

lukemo421

It does not take much. We ran our dep greenhouses for years with just a single dual bulb T12 fixture per 10x10 area. More recently we switched to construction string lights which only have a single bulb every 10'.
What type and wattage bulbs did you use in the construction string lights?

lukemo421

lukemo421

What type and wattage of bulbs were you using in the construction string lights?

Top Bottom