Miracle alien cookies 4x4 Scrog MID GROW Coco Show

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Yeah it's like garlicky lemon-grape rubber bands. That's the best way I can describe it. Kinda burns the back of your nose when you smell it

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Field Report: Defoliation
Over the last year I had 3 harvests in this thread. Each one I did progressively more defoliation in the beginning of flower,
All 3 got the same veg stage and day 1 of 12/12 lower-branch pruning (lolipopping all the side shoots all the way up to the top 1 or 2 nodes of each main branch)
Each cycle I increased the amount of defoliation, or removal of fan leaves in the early stages of flower, starting on my first run with only removing some fan leaves (just the biggest ones and the ones that were low below the canopy), then doing a heavy defol, but not quite all of the fan leaves on cycle 2, and then finally this most recent cycle removing EVERY SINGLE fan leaf with a petiole on day 21.
I'm talking heavy heavy defol on day 21 that removes every thing...
"but matt, you'll hurt your yeild if you stress it too much"
Quite the contrary, From my pseudo-experiment I have concluded that the more fan leaves I remove on day 21 of flower, the bigger the yeild AND as a kicker - the harvest with the LEAST amount of larf and the highest percent of quality, fully mature buds was... you guessed it... the run with the most defoliation on day 21.
Just a few anecdotes, so it's technically not a real experiment there were other variables, but my findings are suggesting a strong correlation with defoliation and yeild and quality.
Plus, there's the added benefit of staggering the workload and not having to deal with trimming those fan leaves off after drying!

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Took a nice little break but the next cycle has begun! 12 cuts, all my favorite #8 phenotype, I plan on doing 9 per cycle starting every 8 weeks and having a short veg time. here we go!!!

Also I bought myself a nice little bubbler to reward myself for a job well done.

20211109 004910
20211107 132944
dbrzz

dbrzz

Hello all you beautiful beans and buds, gather 'round and ill tell you a tale.

12 seeds sprouted, 6 females found.
Solo cup > 1 gal > topped & tied > 5 gal
So what do you do when you run out of space for 6 big ladies?

2Water

2Water

Took a nice little break but the next cycle has begun! 12 cuts, all my favorite #8 phenotype, I plan on doing 9 per cycle starting every 8 weeks and having a short veg time. here we go!!!

Also I bought myself a nice little bubbler to reward myself for a job well done.
Hey @Jumpingspider, just hit 1 week on my first grow ever, and I'm growing MAC. Question what temp/RH settings have you found work best? Thanks in advance

Top Bottom