Miracle-Gro as a fertilizer for you ladies

• Thread starter spl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spl

I have used Miracle-Gro all purpose plant food for close to 15 years now on all my outdoor grows and even some indoor grows as well.

Right now I have been playing around with Miracle-Gro in DWC systems to see how well it works as a hydroponics fertilizer. Of course you still need to add a few thing to round it out, one being Calcium Nitrate when used in hydroponics and the other is PH down.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Total Nitrogen (N)............................................... .........24%
3.5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
20.5% Urea Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)............................................ 8%
Soluble Potash (K2O)............................................. .......16%
Boron (B)............................................... .....................0.02%
Copper (Cu)..Water Soluble........................................... .0.07%
Iron (Fe)..Chelated Iron.............................................. ...0.15%
Manganese (Mn)..Chelated Manganese.............................0.0005%
Molybdenum (Mo).............................................. ...........0.06%
Zinc (Zn)..Water Soluble........................................... .....0.06%

Here is what some of the test I have done with my tap water were I grow at. I first had J.R Peters test my water for the analysis of quality. This also helps me add the right amount of calcium and what amount it is needed in. (hydroponics only)

I am working at a green house now that just had it's water tested in the same city and on the same water supply as me. They use J.R Peters fertilizer at the green house.

The reason I am doing this with MG is some people do not have access to Jack's fertilizers and MG is every were.

Test Equipment

Milwaukee meter model MW802
PH Calibrated to 7.01
EC Calibrated to 1.41 Ms
PPM Calibrated to 1500 PPM conversion factor is .68
All temp reading were done at 77 deg F

Tap Water Test

In this test I start with just strait tap water out of my water facet.
PH- 8.00
EC- .82 ms
PPM- 0470
Water temps were at 77 deg F

PH Down

PH Down 2.0 ML per gallon
PH- 6.10
PPM- 570
EC- .85 mS
Water Temp 77 deg F

Miracale-Gro

Miracle-Gro 1 tsp total per gallon
PH- 5.8
PPM- 1170
EC- 1.458 ms
Water temp 77 deg F

Miracale-Gro 2 tsp total per gallon
PH- 5.5
PPM- 1760
EC- 2.62 ms
Water temp 77 deg F

Miracle-Gro 3 tsp added per gallon
PH- 5.10
PPM- 2360
EC- 3.5 ms

Miracle-Gro 4 tsp added per gallon
PH- 4.80
PPM- 2850
EC- 4.20 ms

How I measured the Miracle-Gro

I lightly tapped the measuring spoon until it was level right at 1 tsp for every added tsp to the same gallon of water.

The Conclusion

As you can see Miracle-Gro did drop my PH down by .3 every for every one tsp. I did let the water set out over night for 24 hours to see if my ph would change or if it would remain the same. My Ph did not move after the 24 hour period and my water temps were 77 deg F. I re-shook the water bottle was well.

On Average my PPM did raise 600 ppm and my EC raised by 0.90 ms for every 1 tsp of MG added to a gallon of water. This I found true after the first 1tsp was added to the gallon of water.

I did not put any Calcium Nitrate or Magnesium Sulfate the city tap water all ready had high readings. I got this from the water analysis . I would recommend adding Potassium Silicate to any hydro program, this is do to the fact that most fertilizers do not have it in there, and every plant on earth has at least 10% of it's weight from silica.
Also if you grow in soil it is most likely there as well.

Note: if used for Hydroponics you should get your water analyzed to know what you you will be facing when you grow. The more time you learn about every part of your fertilizer program the better off you are.

The missing Micro-nutrients can easily be found in Superthrive and they are all chelated for a fast intake.

Superthrive Breakdown by volume:
5% Auxin (root accelerator)
20% Vitamin B1
75 % Chelated Micro-Nutrients

Usage when used with MG fertilizer is 5-6ML per gallon.

Here is a picture of a plant grown in dwc with Mg and St. It started life as a rooted clone about 1.5" tall when it went into the bucket.

Peace Spl1

Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 2
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 3
Small afy week 3 pic 3
Small afy week 3 pic 2
Small afy week 3 pic 1
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 7
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 8
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 9
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 10
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 11
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 12
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 13
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 14
Miracle gro as a fertilizer for you ladies 15
BluntMazter86

BluntMazter86

Cool topic! I for one, just puchased some MG plant food and started feeding last saturday. I put 1 level scoop with the little end of the scooper tool thing/ 20 oz of deerpark bottled water. Now im pretty new to this growing thing and I dont know to much about anything when it comes to ppm's, ph's, and ecs. Anyways my soil is the MG organic mix so I think it already has like a two month supply of N, and its about 6 weeks old now. So my concerns are, is bottled water generally high or low in Ph and if its good for the plants at all. And how much food should i be feeding my plants that are about 38 days old now / my 20oz bottle measuring system...

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
what does that mean Lost :) ( me thinks me knows)

waayne

waayne

:confused0054:Not really sure with all the excellent organic and synthetic food on the market why you're trying to use such a toxic product???

B

billybadazz

Personally I smoke what I grow, and miracle grow is not going to cut it for me. If price is an issue try some cns-17 by botanicare (commercial nutrient system) It works for DWC, aero , coco, soil.... I've used it on several different mediums as well as methods and obtained good results. Not trying to be a dick, just suggest a better product for you. I can only imagine the heavy metals and such that is in the manufacture of MG. happy growing- BB

S

spl

Funny

:confused0054:Not really sure with all the excellent organic and synthetic food on the market why you're trying to use such a toxic product???

And yet you still don't under stand how nutrients work.

All my albums dirt grows were with MG and ST in dirt pus 15 years for growing outdoors.

Here is a Strawberry cough in dirt in the last week of bloom getting flushed.

Strawberry Cough3 3 1 10
S

spl

still funny

Personally I smoke what I grow, and miracle grow is not going to cut it for me. If price is an issue try some cns-17 by botanicare (commercial nutrient system) It works for DWC, aero , coco, soil.... I've used it on several different mediums as well as methods and obtained good results. Not trying to be a dick, just suggest a better product for you. I can only imagine the heavy metals and such that is in the manufacture of MG. happy growing- BB

Salt ions are salt ions, that's all a plant knows. If I would have said jacks classic every one would be on board with it. The funny thing is both MG and Jack's classic were made in the same plant for years and years.

S

spl

Cool topic! I for one, just puchased some MG plant food and started feeding last saturday. I put 1 level scoop with the little end of the scooper tool thing/ 20 oz of deerpark bottled water. Now im pretty new to this growing thing and I dont know to much about anything when it comes to ppm's, ph's, and ecs. Anyways my soil is the MG organic mix so I think it already has like a two month supply of N, and its about 6 weeks old now. So my concerns are, is bottled water generally high or low in Ph and if its good for the plants at all. And how much food should i be feeding my plants that are about 38 days old now / my 20oz bottle measuring system...

You should be ok with what your doing, you have to remember that most drinking water is a pH of 7 to 8 and the nutrients will lower the pH level.

When I was growing in dirt in a house I used 1/4 tsp of MG and 3ML of ST per gallon every watering and avg 4 to 5 oz dried and cured.

waayne

waayne

And yet you still don't under stand how nutrients work.

All my albums dirt grows were with MG and ST in dirt pus 15 years for growing outdoors.

Here is a Strawberry cough in dirt in the last week of bloom getting flushed.
attachment.php

spl I might know a bit about nutrient's and soil biology with 30+ year's experience
in hydroponic's and organic soil culture
I'll say it again why use such a low grade nutrient when they're superior product's on the market or better yet how about brewing your own organic tea's and ditch the chemical's?

L

Lost

spl, please realize there are some extremely talentld and edumakadid folks on this board. This is no RUI, and alot of the people on this board are or were commercial growers. Coming across like your going to educate everyone is kinda insulting to alot of people that are way beyond your knowledge level. Im not trying to throw insults, but your talking about using MG to grow high quality MJ...

if your going to use a 1 part and thats "good nuff", well good for you. I think your waaaaay better of with something like CNS-17 one parts (one bottle for bloom, one for veg).. I need the highest quality medical cannabis, period. MG is not going to bring that, it takes experimenting with many different additives to find the perfect mix. I don't blindy thro expensive nutes in my res, but after much experimenting, I found that the 100 dollar bottle of roots excel (3-4 of them per bloom actually), made that much of a difference. And so it has been with alot of nutes that I now use. Its not just quality but yield that makes a huge difference.

Good luck on your journey.

S

spl

spl I might know a bit about nutrient's and soil biology with 30+ year's experience
in hydroponic's and organic soil culture
I'll say it again why use such a low grade nutrient when they're superior product's on the market or better yet how about brewing your own organic tea's and ditch the chemical's?

Now if you said brew your own I would have agreed with you. I like to make my own when it calls for it.
Even when you brew your own you still need Mycorrhizal and bacteria to break it down to a usable salt ion that the plant can up take.

So how long would you suggest that most growers brew there tea before they can use it?

This thread was for people that always ask about the use of MG, It does work and is no different than most off the self chemical products.

Now most of the newer hydro chemical products chelate just about very thing in it as to not show signs of problems until it is way to late, does not make it any better.

Spl1

waayne

waayne

well spl thank's for answering but I'm even more puzzled
If you're into culturing all these soil benes and you can brew your own teas why would you want to use chemical fertilizer?

S

spl

spl, please realize there are some extremely talentld and edumakadid folks on this board. This is no RUI, and alot of the people on this board are or were commercial growers. Coming across like your going to educate everyone is kinda insulting to alot of people that are way beyond your knowledge level. Im not trying to throw insults, but your talking about using MG to grow high quality MJ...

if your going to use a 1 part and thats "good nuff", well good for you. I think your waaaaay better of with something like CNS-17 one parts (one bottle for bloom, one for veg).. I need the highest quality medical cannabis, period. MG is not going to bring that, it takes experimenting with many different additives to find the perfect mix. I don't blindy thro expensive nutes in my res, but after much experimenting, I found that the 100 dollar bottle of roots excel (3-4 of them per bloom actually), made that much of a difference. And so it has been with alot of nutes that I now use. Its not just quality but yield that makes a huge difference.

Good luck on your journey.
I grew for over 15 years in Cali, very large crop runs at that. This thread was for people that always ask about the use of MG, it can be done and it can be done with high degree of successes if they have all the facts to make a sound judgment.

It just amazing how many people don't read a thread they just skim it and and shoot from the hip, I have had many old timers try to pick out witch grow was MG and witch grow was not, They could never tell.

If you have really good genetics feed the plant with the right combo of nutrients, flush, dry and cure it the right way it is almost imposable to taste the difference.

S

spl

well spl thank's for answering but I'm even more puzzled
If you're into culturing all these soil benes and you can brew your own teas why would you want to use chemical fertilizer?

Did you not read what I posted just a second ago to you?

This thread is to answer any questions that people ask about using MG with there plants.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

If you have really good genetics feed the plant with the right combo of nutrients, flush, dry and cure it the right way it is almost imposable to taste the difference.

Exactly,It's all about the genetics!!Of course you can use it to grow a plant and produce nugs!! I used this crap when I was a kid and didn't know shit about MJ!!Won't even use that shit on my vegetable garden now:mooning!!

BluntMazter86

BluntMazter86

You should be ok with what your doing, you have to remember that most drinking water is a pH of 7 to 8 and the nutrients will lower the pH level.

When I was growing in dirt in a house I used 1/4 tsp of MG and 3ML of ST per gallon every watering and avg 4 to 5 oz dried and cured.

Thanks man! But im unsure of what ST means...

Latest posts

Top Bottom