Miracle-Gro as a fertilizer for you ladies

• Thread starter spl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beezleb878

beezleb878

Meh, if people want to use MG so be it and good for them. They will likely be switching and/or complaining about some issue or another.

With that said, I have seen people grown nice herb with it, not burned up but also not so big and I know no one today who willingly would use it with all the different options.

Now as far as him posting saying this can be done, well it can be and he does illustrate what most people are saying about MG. It is up for the reader to decide what sounds like a good idea and what does not. If someone reads this thread and sees those pics and still uses MG. Well perhaps they were born on the minute or perhaps it just what they had or whatnot.

I fault no one for trying something out, even if the road is well worn as for some its the best way for them to learn and understanding. While I absolutely agree with the anti MG sentiment I also wonder how many have actually tested it out themselves?

Also keep in mind, not everyone is out to everything deluxe and fancy and old habits can be hard to be unlearned and those result accepted.

Just my thought as I pass through. Happy Growing all.

G

gudkarma

one of the more interesting posts i've read this week.

never ever a dick rider, i will say catjockey & lost are two very knowledgable farmers.

quite recently, catjockey gave me some great advice with regard to giving my newly cut clones some dark time to faciliate their transition to lovely rooted babies.

if you've ever searched & read through the forums here at the Farm, you will see how much valuable info these two dudes (and many others) dish out.

the above said, and one excellent point reiterated, there are much better nutes on the market that are just as cost effective as MG.

in the distant past, i used MG because that was my knowledge base.

here & now & many years later, the information that's out there (nute schedules, grow journals, and more) is hard to ignore ...it's difficult for any intellectually inclined individual to simply disgard all kinds of tangible results guys are getting with other products.

i was involved, on another forum, in a discussion regarding advanced nutes... now i am not a huge fan of slick packaging, following the leader, or boutique schedules for the sake of boutique schedules... but AN does make a few products i think are excellent (rhino skin being one).

imo, the idea is to research for yourself. try new things. experiment. read. stimulate converation. post. get some flame & give some flame.

on that note, i congradulate the OP for his efforts... and thick skin. his buds do look yummy.

on the other hand, and as someone who loves to read & learn, i take experience & tangible results seriously.

if MG works for the OP, i am all for it.

would i use it... maybe if i was broke.

then again, if we are talking about reading your ladies & having them tell you what is needed, i have seen many, many, many users of boutique nutes that have burned & chemed the shit out their plants... all in the name of $350 to $400 o-zees ...and what's a little nute burn when you're using the best of the best, right?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
If your body needs protein it doesn't care if you eat some tuna or some yogurt. Plants are the same way. If it is usable to them they don't care what the source of n-p-k is. MG is designed for plants. It has been around as long as it has for a reason. It works. You can't argue that a person can't grow great weed with MG. It is just harder to fine tune individual n-p-k levels because you only have like 20-10-10 to work with. You can't separate out just some P or whatever you think they need. So just like with any fert line you have to use some other things.

Peters blooming nutes give fantastic results. I use many different things and am not stuck on one line. I use GH mostly for my PowerGrowers and lately I use mostly cow manure, worm castings and bat guano in my soil grows. But I ain't afraid to to hit them with some MG and epsom salts if it looks like it needs something.

You can dial your plants in any way you want because plants don't care as long as the medium has the right ph. The lighting, medium and environment are more of a factor than type of food. You can't feed a plant pineapple juice and make it taste like pineapples.

Try a fish emulsion veg and fish emulsion and Peters Bloom booster and stand back and be amazed.

This thread is about to heat up and start rockin'.

M

Mazda-yasni

i bet she's harsh to smoke.....its worth it to get choice nutes

B

barneyfife

short answer of course you can grow weed with mg.
but its most definatly not a good choich. toxic man heavey metel heaven.
have you ever tryed gh maxi bloom dry fert? cheap at $15 for a 2.2lb bag and very simple.
1tps per gal and you pretty much have the lucas fomula in a dry fert.
that and some gh dry kool bloom all you need if ya wanna stay cheap.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
i bet she's harsh to smoke.....its worth it to get choice nutes

I bet it wasn't. I bet one time when I grew in the corn and watered with MG and then harvested, DIDN'T Flush, entered it in the 420 Cup I did good.

Ickis was me.

Taste was one of my lower scores though but I just did a seed grow. I didn't have a select pheno.

The point is you can use store bought nutrients and grow good weed. You can. In this day and age you probably can do better. But you can still grow good weed with MG.

Otherwise wouldn't stricktly organic growers have final say?

Different strokes for different folks. Learn to use what you actually use.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Calling Charles Xavier! Calling Charles Xavier!!

Settle this debate once and for all.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I Agree with Tobor here. As an experienced grower I have learned over the years what works best for me and my particular strains that I grow. This can be accomplished by a number of different fertilizers as long as you know how to read the ingredients and know what nutrients effect plants at what stage. I personally only use chicken manure, epsom salts, and an epsoma flowertone 3-5-7 in my outdoor grows. This is because I know what the plants need and when they need it. I only give them the chicken manure and epsom salts in the first feeding, mixed with the soil, and feed with strait flowertone all the way until 2 weeks before finish. I am sure similiar results can be achieved by using similiar ratios with other "brands" of nutrients.

beezleb878

beezleb878

Depending on his local and legal status by using MG it does offer a degree of extra security due to not exposing yourself by purchasing more select or stereotypical nutrients. Nobody would suspect someone of growing weed he bought MG but if you buy say Fox Farms if anyone truly cared an eyebrow could be raised. Also getting rid of those containers is also less risky.

I see the issue based more on situation and grower preference. I say its up to them to figure out what is best. Its their dime so to speak and I am glad to see all kinds of grows. With that said, I wouldnt preach it as if you know something others dont. Regardless of how great you think your doing, your probably just a pup in another persons product.

I say to us all the prize at the end is to get to the smoke, not to get their and play whip it out contest really.

I analyze and learn from what I have done and try to improve the next time with lessons learned and maybe even some theories tried. I can also see down grading in favor of a more simple system.

What appeals to use today may not appeal to us tomorrow for a great many reasons. Not too many growers grow the same way all the time. Their is typically a progression often leading to a whole another style of growing at the end. I dont judge a grower by their method for that is their reasons. Just keep in mind, what we feel so strongly about today may not carry the same weight in the future. It does not mean anything changes except what is important to us and this varies from personal preference to environment.

Anyways, this gibberish was brought to you by a 2 Zephyr bags of Killing Kush! Have a good one!

A

apeshit

Thank u SPL for standing by your experience on the successful use of MG and ST for growing medicinal MJ. Seems that most people these days are too quickly to bash MG because of their personal prejudice. I have 13 yrs+ experience of indoor/outdoor experience using literally every kind of lights, 4 types of LED's. I've tested FF, AN, Canna, Botanicare, and others, against each other, including MG thru the yrs. Yes, there are other more specialized nutrients for MJ, but in my experience, MG can successful grow MJ, both soil and hydro. Yes, most products can be mail=ordered, but many people are not keen on the idea of having MJ grow prodicts shipped to their address.

S

Sstrong1

I have used Miracle-Gro all purpose plant food for close to 15 years now on all my outdoor grows and even some indoor grows as well.

Right now I have been playing around with Miracle-Gro in DWC systems to see how well it works as a hydroponics fertilizer. Of course you still need to add a few thing to round it out, one being Calcium Nitrate when used in hydroponics and the other is PH down.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Total Nitrogen (N)............................................... .........24%
3.5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
20.5% Urea Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)............................................ 8%
Soluble Potash (K2O)............................................. .......16%
Boron (B)............................................... .....................0.02%
Copper (Cu)..Water Soluble........................................... .0.07%
Iron (Fe)..Chelated Iron.............................................. ...0.15%
Manganese (Mn)..Chelated Manganese.............................0.0005%
Molybdenum (Mo).............................................. ...........0.06%
Zinc (Zn)..Water Soluble........................................... .....0.06%

Here is what some of the test I have done with my tap water were I grow at. I first had J.R Peters test my water for the analysis of quality. This also helps me add the right amount of calcium and what amount it is needed in. (hydroponics only)

I am working at a green house now that just had it's water tested in the same city and on the same water supply as me. They use J.R Peters fertilizer at the green house.

The reason I am doing this with MG is some people do not have access to Jack's fertilizers and MG is every were.

Test Equipment

Milwaukee meter model MW802
PH Calibrated to 7.01
EC Calibrated to 1.41 Ms
PPM Calibrated to 1500 PPM conversion factor is .68
All temp reading were done at 77 deg F

Tap Water Test

In this test I start with just strait tap water out of my water facet.
PH- 8.00
EC- .82 ms
PPM- 0470
Water temps were at 77 deg F

PH Down

PH Down 2.0 ML per gallon
PH- 6.10
PPM- 570
EC- .85 mS
Water Temp 77 deg F

Miracale-Gro

Miracle-Gro 1 tsp total per gallon
PH- 5.8
PPM- 1170
EC- 1.458 ms
Water temp 77 deg F

Miracale-Gro 2 tsp total per gallon
PH- 5.5
PPM- 1760
EC- 2.62 ms
Water temp 77 deg F

Miracle-Gro 3 tsp added per gallon
PH- 5.10
PPM- 2360
EC- 3.5 ms

Miracle-Gro 4 tsp added per gallon
PH- 4.80
PPM- 2850
EC- 4.20 ms

How I measured the Miracle-Gro

I lightly tapped the measuring spoon until it was level right at 1 tsp for every added tsp to the same gallon of water.

The Conclusion

As you can see Miracle-Gro did drop my PH down by .3 every for every one tsp. I did let the water set out over night for 24 hours to see if my ph would change or if it would remain the same. My Ph did not move after the 24 hour period and my water temps were 77 deg F. I re-shook the water bottle was well.

On Average my PPM did raise 600 ppm and my EC raised by 0.90 ms for every 1 tsp of MG added to a gallon of water. This I found true after the first 1tsp was added to the gallon of water.

I did not put any Calcium Nitrate or Magnesium Sulfate the city tap water all ready had high readings. I got this from the water analysis . I would recommend adding Potassium Silicate to any hydro program, this is do to the fact that most fertilizers do not have it in there, and every plant on earth has at least 10% of it's weight from silica.
Also if you grow in soil it is most likely there as well.

Note: if used for Hydroponics you should get your water analyzed to know what you you will be facing when you grow. The more time you learn about every part of your fertilizer program the better off you are.

The missing Micro-nutrients can easily be found in Superthrive and they are all chelated for a fast intake.

Superthrive Breakdown by volume:
5% Auxin (root accelerator)
20% Vitamin B1
75 % Chelated Micro-Nutrients

Usage when used with MG fertilizer is 5-6ML per gallon.

Here is a picture of a plant grown in dwc with Mg and St. It started life as a rooted clone about 1.5" tall when it went into the bucket.

Peace Spl1
All I want to know is how much MG per plant? So how much per gallon?

Top Bottom