Miracle Grow as Fertilizer?

• Thread starter RansacktheElder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RansacktheElder

Is this stuff good to use? What is the best fertilizer that is readily available to use on my plants? They are being grown in 1 1/2 gallon soil pots and they are vegging now (about 8 inches tall at the moment.)

og dmc

og dmc

There are a lot of good ones. MG is not my first choice but it will work. Use it at 1/4 strength or so to be sure you dont burn them. Is that all you have access to?

R

RansacktheElder

I have access to a Worms Way location. They have pretty much everything, guano, fish emulsion, etc... I would like the effects of the fish emulsion, as I used this outdoors a looong time ago with great results. My problem is with the stench. I'm growing in a cabinet indoors in the basement and don't eant to get caught up in a lot of smelly ferts. Just using MG because I've seen it do some great things with other plants. I'm very open to advice though.

og dmc

og dmc

I like pure blend pro, age old organics if you want something organically based. They are both very good. Dont smell at all

G

Guano

If you can get anything besides the MG,get it.Also if you want to use your fish emulsion (try Neptunes Harvest) you can make a compost tea w/it & add a few teaspoons of blackstrap molasses,it'll keep the fish stench down.

Molasses -
Compost Tea -

Z

zombywolf

The problem with Miracle-Gro is that it is very acidic-tends to acidify the soil over the growth cycle and can cause problems like lockout if feed levels arent just right. Jack's Classic is more forgiving of feed levels in the soil, and if I remember correctly-uses a higher amount of nitrate over ammonium, which is a higher quality chem in the fert.

S

Skunkenstein

I used MG when I first started{didn't know any better}, but it can, and will work.The recomended dosage on the package is 1tablespoon/per gallon..this would be too strong!! I used 1teaspoon/per gallon with good results..Indica Dominate strain, mind you.I would look for Botanicare, fox farms,age old,ect. if its available in your area. Good Luck !!

Top Bottom