Mite Identification and eradication assistance

• Thread starter Hanksgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hanksgrow

Hanksgrow

These guys travel up and down the stem of the plants, I find them congregated together near the veins mostly, walk pretty slowly. I also find them on the outside of my containers.

I grow in living soil, earth boxes, organic but I’m willing to blast these fuckers.

I can’t get a positive ID on these from anyone in my circle and this is the second grow I’ve had them. I’m mid veg right now.

the really close to video is of one on its back. The rest are top view.

not sure how to eradicate these if I don’t know what I’m fighting.

Mite identification and eradication assistance
Mite identification and eradication assistance 2
Mite identification and eradication assistance 3
Mite identification and eradication assistance 4
Mite identification and eradication assistance 5
Mite identification and eradication assistance 6
Ponky

Ponky

Start with DE. And then insecticidal soap. If that doesn't work find the strongest stuff the grow store has. Or try lady bugs instead. Depends on whether or not your weed is tested and what your ok with using.

Hanksgrow

Hanksgrow

Start with DE. And then insecticidal soap. If that doesn't work find the strongest stuff the grow store has. Or try lady bugs instead. Depends on whether or not your weed is tested and what your ok with using.
I’m not testing anything grown. It’s just for me and my personal use. Thanks for the reply!

Ponky

Ponky

I’m not testing anything grown. It’s just for me and my personal use. Thanks for the reply!
Ok. Well diatomaceous earth can be had from the garden or feed store. Hardware store too. Science supply store. It's cheap. You can buy a big sack for cheap. Or you can pay a ton for a small jar of calibrated filter dedicated DE. So make sure you don't over pay. Then you dust everything with a bulb. Don't breathe in the dust. It will destroy the majority of bugs. Non toxic.
Then Sulphur and insecticidal soap spray if DE doesn't cut it. And escalate as needed.

Hanksgrow

Hanksgrow

I ended up getting some better pics of some adults. Can definitely see black spots on their backs.
068AFC70 A041 4D1A 85B2 A590F6DFF7EC

768EE2FD 66BF 4537 8E80 09F40AC2E355
Hanksgrow

Hanksgrow

I mean the answer is the same. Toss hand grenades at em. Soft bodied pests die the same.
Yup was going to still carry on with the recommended course of action. It’s pretty bad once I pull back the cover. Just trying to provide as much info as I can. Thank you again.

Ponky

Ponky

If you want to try predator mites this lady still has some in stock. Ships fast usually. If you want to have bugs battle it out.

G

Greendownunder

These guys travel up and down the stem of the plants, I find them congregated together near the veins mostly, walk pretty slowly. I also find them on the outside of my containers.

I grow in living soil, earth boxes, organic but I’m willing to blast these fuckers.

I can’t get a positive ID on these from anyone in my circle and this is the second grow I’ve had them. I’m mid veg right now.

the really close to video is of one on its back. The rest are top view.

not sure how to eradicate these if I don’t know what I’m fighting.
Yeah that's spider mites and I would kill all plants in the room/house and start cleaning. You are going to need bleach for the floors and walls and soap and water for all your pots and hydro tables. They will shit on your buds fuck on your buds and lay eggs daily ON YOUR BUDS....and then you add bug killer to your buds? No fucking way.....clean up your act not your plants. I shower every time and put on fresh clean clothes every time I go in my bud room

Top Bottom