Mites are literally the ducking worst.

• Thread starter RealizedReal000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I have ducking broad mites looked under a 100x micro scope. I’m doing everything I can and don’t want to trash but I’ve seen all the horror stories and this is the first time I’ve ever had this problem in all my grows it’s never happened. Doing neem oil and water and a couple drops of dye free soap. Next is an azamax dunk and drench. Any other things I should do?

Kosfarms

Kosfarms

I have Mits to I heard you can use predatory mits I’m going to try this next time I have a mit problem

quirk

quirk

Natural Guard Insecticidal Soap. Can be used through harvest if you're at that stage.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

How far along are you?
Green cleaner is sent from heaven.
I had mites back in Nov. They’re bad but you can get your garden back minus the horror stories you’ve heard. I did.
8B5CCD02 7FE8 4B5D B5BB A5E88C3ED488

Heynow

Heynow

Broad mites will be unaffected by neem/ azamaxx ... use flying skull nuke em or big time exterminator at 2 oz/gal every other day.

The predators you would use are A. Andersoni or A. Swirskii available at arbico organics in AZ

You literally need to wash everything in bleach or throw it away. Theg get on the pots, they crawl on the floor or table to get from plant to plant. They also get blown in the Fan to get spread. They also spread by hand contact to plant.

There are some serious killers for them, but they also come with serious side effect potentially

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
maybe reach out to @Seraphine
she has a degree in pest and insects.. she knows her stuff.,
though i haven’t seen much of her on here lately..

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Sulfur burner will kill broad mites, need to be able to vent the space safely though. I used it in a greenhouse last summer. They also make a sulfur spray if it only a few plants. The burner is great though, fogs everything in the room. I did it for an hour, few hours after dark. Every 3rd day till all the mites were dead.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Ok so neither the neem or the azamax worked. Had to start over. I have started spraying inside and out with suspend to take care of everything then gonna reset I two weeks to make sure everything is gone then back at it. :(

Heynow

Heynow

You need to bun them with the citric acid in nukeem or bte. That's the only way to stop them

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

For next time use Avid alternated with Forbid...read the label, wear protections....and you will never deal with em again.
After you can introduce predators to keep the ground you conquered...
Agree with heynow that bombing the tent is useless as bombing anything without have first a well organized plan of attack....
Thers no need to wait weeks either if you apply the miticide and eggicide properly...
You need some Translaminar poison in order to effectively deal with those basterds....
Translaminar means that the poison enter the leaf tissue transforming the leaf itself ina bait....on the leaf surface meanwhile the poison will degradate fast leaving no toxic residue....
ONLY during veg....never spray in flower...
Those creatures are microscopic so any contact poison will be never effective given the very high chances to miss them...
Good luck!!

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Thanks guys. Gonna just start over and make sure my house is bug proof. I was already in flower so it didn’t help. Lol
I trashed everything. Only thing I kept was the lights. Tent and all. Lol

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Well the way I look at it those girls were only 27 days old. On most of em I was doing Gaia green and coco. Using lift the pot method to tell me when to water and I do have to say that I think it would have worked the whole life of the plant. So I think I’m definitely gonna do it again. They looked amazing before the mites. Lol

Top Bottom